Skip to main content

I recently contacted Auctiva Help & Support with a general question. " Was wondering if Auctiva would soon be offering .55c shipping insurance like another hosting service is? Auctivas response was directions telling me how to go about contacting Help & Support? What? I will be leaving Auctiva now. .55c Insurance for up to $100 coverage makes it easy to include Insurance in Shipping & Handling. Goodbye Auctiva
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi collectorado,

I just reviewed the support case you filed recently about this and the response that you were given actually contained a link to our shipping insurance rates, not instructions on how to contact our customer support team. In any event, we do not have any current plans to lower our shipping insurance rates.

-Mike
I read this thread a few days ago and really never gave it much thought at the time but I got to thinking about ebay eliminating the insurance option and it brought me back to thinking of this thread.

Would it not be to auctivas advantage to offer this plan .55c to not only be competitive but also create more revenue.

Ive always used auctivas insurance for any packages shipped 1st class mail International. This is the only service the USPS has no insurance option for.

I send 100+ packages out a month. I insure maybe 3-4. Total 6.00
If auctiva offered .55 I can tell you right now every package I ship would be insured. .55c is a easy add on to shipping without causing a stir on ebay.

6.00 compared to 55.00. I have no doubt what so ever many other users would also use the service at that price.

COMMON SENSE says this would be a good plan for all.

Can someone at auctiva tell me from there side why this wouldn't be a good plan?

Thanks
I no longer offer insurance on purchases under $25.00, it was costing me $20.00 a week. Crazy! Why not offer a lower price option for folks that just get a 10.00 item or a $1.00 item. The insurance is costing me more than the product it self. I can't stay in business like that! The other sites are not selling at a dollar, they are selling at retail!!!! We are being forced to sell at cost and hope for the best. Now, they want to eat insurance cause the other sites include it! Which sites?? I'll self insure!!!! How do you like me now!!!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, I'm really very nice.
quote:
Originally posted by flashee:
I no longer offer insurance on purchases under $25.00, it was costing me $20.00 a week. Crazy! Why not offer a lower price option for folks that just get a 10.00 item or a $1.00 item. The insurance is costing me more than the product it self. I can't stay in business like that! The other sites are not selling at a dollar, they are selling at retail!!!! We are being forced to sell at cost and hope for the best. Now, they want to eat insurance cause the other sites include it! Which sites?? I'll self insure!!!! How do you like me now!!!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, I'm really very nice.

Sometimes it helps to vent!! Seriously, though, you are so right...how in the heck can small sellers or any seller of low price items make any profit if we now have to pay for the insurance. Since when is it the seller's responsibility to insure an item. If I buy something online anywhere else, I'm given the option to purchase insurance or not. So, why should eBay be any different? Hey all Auctiva members, I'd like to know what many of you plan to do. I'm at a loss right now how to go about this. Are we allowed to state in our listing that we DO NOT insure items under a certain price and make it clear that if the buyer wants to insure something under that price it is their responsibility to request it before paying so a new invoice can be sent with "REQUIRED" SHIPPING price included?????????
Jeanie B

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.