Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am trying to log in and cannot..keep getting an error. Is this going to last long, I have sent a report to support already. It is 12.00 pm EST. Any Ideas as to how long this will be? I need to purchase Insurance on a sold item to ship today. I do love this site, even though it has problems Smile Thanks for all your hard work Auctiva!!!I mean that in a NICE way, Blessings, <><
Interesting, I'm having the same issue - Suddenly this morning I'm getting "An error has occurred during the processing of your request. Please try again or file a support case if this problem continues."

Since we have multiple systems here I checked the other systems. All of the other systems in the office can get on without problems. I can't on IE or Firefox. It's not a browser issue, or a website issue, I think it's a combination - Auctiva updated something, and it has adversely affected random systems. What do we do now? I need to get some things done today for posting tomorrow.

Thanx! John
Well, I can get on and do EVERYTHING now. But since I can't figure out how to start a NEW post anywhere on this board...maybe someone can tell me WHY??? the SCHEDULER is NOW in GMT time to schedule a listing and then is LISTED in Pacific time! I have to list EVERYTHING to start early on the 14th for it to go online THIS evening!!! ARE YOU GOING TO CHANGE IT BACK or am I going to have to constantly refigure all the STUPID time zones???????
Not sure what's up! I created a new listing from a similar previous listing, changed it all, previewed it and posted to ebay. When I veiwed it in ebay - the OLD DATA/PICTURES were there! Had to cancel the listing. Went back into the listing in here - and EVERYTHING WAS GONE expect the Header/Gallery picture and template! All my HTML was gone!
Anyone else having these problems? And the description screen has changed - not sure if it should have or not.
Thanks! Please let me know if anyone else is having these problems.
Lisa
Yes, I too just had a bit of trouble. I typed up a rather lengthy description which took about 30 minutes. Then I saved and when I went back to make changes - EVERYTHING WITHIN THE DESCRIPTION BOX WAS GONE!! It saved my changes to the title, shipping, etc. So I previewed it to see if maybe it just wasnt' showing up, but nothing was there either - JUST GONE! Eeeekkk!
quote:
Originally posted by cmkies:
Yes, I too just had a bit of trouble. I typed up a rather lengthy description which took about 30 minutes. Then I saved and when I went back to make changes - EVERYTHING WITHIN THE DESCRIPTION BOX WAS GONE!! It saved my changes to the title, shipping, etc. So I previewed it to see if maybe it just wasnt' showing up, but nothing was there either - JUST GONE! Eeeekkk!

I have found that when saving or posting, the description CANNOT be minimized. Make sure your description is always maximized before saving or posting.
There is an awful lot of CAPITALIZATION going on in this thread. I think that it is a shame that Auctiva are having these glitches as it is a fabulous site. I say that after only two days of working in it. There are so many features that allow me to manage my ebay listings that eBay themselves could have offered if they were more customer oriented.

I think everybody should have a bit of patience, I have been working in IT development for over 20 years now and I know always "to expect the unexpected". Just pressing one wrong key can cause a whole network of systems to fail and this is a Complex system.

If you were paying for it then you are right to expect a top level of service. I actually have received nothing but top service since I joined .. the support is superb, I have had a lot (lot, lot!) worse from suppliers that I was paying under a support contract never mind paying for the software.

Next time something like this happens (and it will - no-one's infallible) just remember all the problems you have had (and will get in the future) with eBay and you are paying them for the privilege.

Right .. off my soap box

PS - I don't work for Auctiva
I understand all about IT. One thing that would be nice is for Auctiva to acknowledge there is still a problem so we know they are looking into it - the last info I see says it's all fixed. Does anyone know if they are aware of these problems, listings not saving w/current data, etc.? I just tried again - w/o being detailed in the description, saved it, reopened the item and the description is gone. I realize it takes time and effort to fix these things and that they will happen. Customer Service is key in my IT environment so just letting people know they are working on it and a quick status on what they have found is important.
Thanks - off my soapbox too!
Lisa
I have many many saved listings from the last couple months and none of my saved listings have any text. ALL THE TEXT IS GONE IN MY DESCRIPTIONS!?!?! I cannot list with out the descriptiuons. I tried to list last night and couldnt. I then, spent over an hour on live chat help w/ auctiva brandon, but he abandoned me and could not help me. He did not even have the curtousy to admit he couldnt help me hejust left me sitting there in live chat. while I waited for his reply after a lengthy conversation he just dissapeared. no bye no sorry I cant help you nothin!
Today my listing descriptions are still gone and now my weekend listings are wayy off timing. This is costing me a ton of money. Could some one please tell what is going on w/ aucvtiva???!! and how to fix this problem or do I have to switch back to turbo lister and pay for image hosting?
I have searched several topics here on the board, and many have the same complaint... no descriptions are showing up in our saved listings, and no word on when we can expect to have it up and running again.

I look at it this way...Auctiva is a FREE service (designed merely to help us with our listings and images) and they have done a wonderful job for me so far! Therefore, I am willing to wait it out and give them some time to fix this boo-boo. That doesn't mean I have to miss out on posting ads though...in the meantime, I am going to go to eBay and "relist" ads (after doing a little editing) even though it will cost me a little more to do it this way.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hello everyone! Here is a suggestion. My 110 discriptions are back after I did a cleaning.
http://www.amplusnet.com/products/ieasycleaner/download.htm. Copy and paste this in your browser, it is a free download and will clean your cache and what ever else it does. It works great and I assume it is harmless. I have used it a few times (suggested by Auctiva's Jeff). Of course you will need to register. Good Luck, I am happy again. Thanks Auctiva.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.