Skip to main content

Received the quoted bit below via e-mail and am surprised nobody is talking about it here.

My questions:

1. Why would this default to being enabled? Doesn't it make more sense to allow users who want this feature to customize the template first and then enable it?

2. It seems that I can't go to my account right now and disable it. When will I be able to do that? The e-mail doesn't even give a date for the new feature's launch.

quote:
Auctiva + You = Great Marketing

Auctiva is pleased to announce our new Thank You Bidder feature that we will be rolling out to Auctiva sellers within the next two weeks. The Thank You Bidder feature is an email tool that automatically delivers a courteous, personalized thank you message to all buyers who bid on your auctions. The email also displays links to your other auctions giving you a powerful tool to persuade your bidders to visit your other eBay auctions and place even more bids.

This new email tool delivers you some big benefits:

* Enhance your business image as a courteous, professional seller by showing your bidders that you appreciate their interest in your products. This is a great way to boost your DSR ratings, too.
* Help increase your sales by promoting the other items you have listed. The more often a buyer sees your listings, the better the chance that they will bid.
* Auctiva automatically sends the email for you.

You can personalize your message to your bidders; simply edit the template when it rolls out. The template will be located in the 'Custom Emails' sub-tab of the Sales tab on Auctiva's site alongside Auctiva's other custom email templates.

There is no need to sign up for this great new feature. It will be enabled in your account automatically* and is ABSOLUTELY FREE.

Happy Listing!
Auctiva Staff

*We're confident the new Thank You Bidder email feature will enhance your relationships with your bidders and help you sell more on eBay. However, should you wish to opt out of using it, you can change the setting for the 'Thank You Bidder' email template (located on your My Account tab under Auto Email Management) to 'Don't Send Auto Email.'
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I received the same email as you Rick.

Member, I'm SO sorry you didn't receive...spam filters, ya think?

I need to know HOW I can turn this off without it being automatically enabled...remember the games with Auctiva gave us the opportunity to turn it off before it went live?

Please acknowledge this posting Auctiva and let your members know how to disable if we don't want this service.

Thanks,
Donna
Hi Community,

The option to enable/disable the "Thank You Bidder" email setting will be added to the Auctiva website with our next site update, which is currently scheduled to take place around 9/2/08. Once this site update is complete, this option will be located in the "Auto Email Management" section of your account settings.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your Auctiva account, please contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
For ONCE I did get the same e-mail. I rarely receive an e-mail from Auctiva that I am supposed to altho it happens occasionally. My settings are supposed to allow all e-mails sent. I do have spam filters but I carefully check them regularly as I have to so I don't miss anything from a customer. It is ludicrous to me that any new feature would be rolled out and in effect where we have to wait to disable it if we choose not to use it. That is very poor planning. Some of us have reasons we would never want to use a feature like this altho it IS a very good feature to have available. At some point I may even choose to use it, but not now. We should be allowed a choice to enable any and all new features that communicate with our customers and not even have to disable it since it can be after the fact before we are even aware something like this has taken place. I appreciate such changes and new features excite me, so naturally I encourage it, but something like this needs to be thought out and not rolled out unless it is disabled and we have a choice of enabling it. Having to wait to do something like that is crazy. That's my opinion.
I think this new feature sounds great! And if you don't want it, simply turn it off when they roll it out. Voila! Now how hard was that?

Auctiva is still the best auction management service out there...and it's FREE! How can I complain??? And I save money on the shipping insurance! And free supersized images! Lot's of 'em! Sheesh people, get a grip and appreciate this service!

Thank YOU Auctiva!
Last edited by krebel
I agree with you, Reba. I love Auctive, too. But I did not hear about this until I read about it on Ebay's discussion boards. If I didn't read the boards, I would have found out from disgruntled (is there such a thing as "gruntled"?) bidders getting even more spam in their inboxes. I do have notices from Auctive turned on.

I also think a good thing would have been to allow us to opt in rather than having to wait to opt out. Marking my calendar for 9/2/08.
Exactly...we should be able to opt-in...not have to opt-out. And for the record Reba...yes it's a great feature for those who want to use it...but we aren't able to opt-out yet. If you noticed in that e-mail you were sent. So at this stage we don't have a choice. And Auctiva is NOT free for everyone. Some of us still use the old Auctiva that has different features and we pay for that. Once you have been here long enough and aren't a newbie anymore then tell the rest of us to get a grip. That's kind of insulting to us old-timers for you to come here and say that when you haven't been around for the growing pains over the years.
quote:
Originally posted by avanteguardeinc:
And for the record Reba...yes it's a great feature for those who want to use it...but we aren't able to opt-out yet. If you noticed in that e-mail you were sent. So at this stage we don't have a choice. And Auctiva is NOT free for everyone. Some of us still use the old Auctiva that has different features and we pay for that. Once you have been here long enough and aren't a newbie anymore then tell the rest of us to get a grip. That's kind of insulting to us old-timers for you to come here and say that when you haven't been around for the growing pains over the years.
Sorry you mistook my comment as an "insult." I know it says I'm a "newbie," but have been selling on ebay for over 6 years and using Auctiva for the last 2 1/2... Just because I have only started to post on the forums a few months ago (which makes me a "newbie" by that standard) doesn't make me a novice when it comes to using Auctiva...I appreciate your comment and realize that this is a place for opinions, not personal insults. We are all in this together!
How does Auctiva get the bidder's email address?

I just got a thank you email from Auctiva for an auction I won. It came directly from auctiva.com to my personal email registered with eBay.

It had 2 ebay affiliate links and an ad for kickitback.com in it.

Is eBay giving my email address to third party companies? Is the seller?

How did Auctiva get my PERSONAL information when I was not involved with them AT ALL?
Hi Community,

We previously planned to add the account setting to control the "Thank you Bidder" email with our update earlier this week, but we ended up not being able to get that in. We will still be adding that option to the Auctiva website prior to when the emails would start going out.

I'll be sure to post again to this thread when I can provide a concrete ETA as to when you can all expect to see this account setting added. Thanks for understanding. (It's been a hectic week!)

-Mike
Hi joesaswic,

The only instance in which you would receive an email from Auctiva if you are not an Auctiva is if you purchase an item from an Auctiva user who is using Auctiva's automatic email functionality. In that case, your email address would be provided through eBay's API for purposes directly related to that transaction.

I will post again to this thread when I have additional information on when the "Thank you Bidder" email account setting will be in place.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
The only instance in which you would receive an email from Auctiva if you are not an Auctiva is if you purchase an item from an Auctiva user who is using Auctiva's automatic email functionality.

Or, very soon, even if you only bid on an item (and don't win) "from an Auctiva user who is using Auctiva's automatic email functionality." In which case, a transaction hasn't actually taken place...

Let's be fair to the facts here.
Hi Community,

Update- I just heard from our technical team regarding this matter and it appears that the option to enable/disable this setting in your account preferences will be added to the Auctiva website tomorrow. We aren't going to actually start sending out those emails until about 2 weeks after that, and we will include the date those will start being sent out in the "New Features" email we will be distributing before then.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
I found it and turned it off.

BTW, I never got an email mentioning this new feature! No wonder our customers don't subscribe to our newsletter...they're getting spammed without us knowing it! I agree with the others, this is poor planning and poor customer service. We should be notified prior to this feature going into effect and the defaul setting should be OFF.

We should also have the option of being cc'd on any email going from Auctiva to our customers, similar to what Vendio does. If I'm mistaken and haven't found this setting, please feel free to clue me in as to where that setting is located. Which is another process improvement suggestion...these settings shouldn't be buried 3-4 deep into our user interface. How about changing to a detailed control panel sometime in the future with all our setting layed out for us?

Thanks. Sorry for the rant, but I hope the suggestions help.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.