Skip to main content

Hi,

First of all thank you for making uploading a bit quicker!

However, an awful lot of the saved time is now lost on having to continuously keep clicking on upload/beta...

Most of us upload into different folders. A couple pictures here and a couple there. Why must you automatically go into the "MANAGE" view after every upload?

This absolutely negates any kudos you are entitled to for making the actual uploads faster.

You have a decent product. Your customer service is impecable. Why do you have so much redundancy? Even creating new listings from an old one is like pulling my hair out. TALK TO YOUR PROGRAMERS ... MAKE A COPY OF THE DEFINITION OF "REDUNDANCY", and make all of them read it out loud 50 times.

There ... now I feel somewhat better!

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was just curious....if you didn't automatically get sent back to the Manage images page, where would you suggest you go? The listing page? Back to the upload images page? The home page? I think it makes perfect sense to go to the Manage images page after each upload--what am I missing here?

If they changed it so that you would get sent back to the home page after every upload, people who weren't done uploading or managing their images would get po'd....If they changed it to send you back to the uploader, the people who were done uploading all their images would get mad....
I have a similar suggestion - related to the original poster of this thread.

When using Image Uploader, you select images and then upload them into a Pre-Existing folder. This requires you to first create the image folder (manage folders), which is an unnecessary step.

In addition to listing pre-existing folders, you should allow the creation of a NEW folder, with optional color selection.

So the steps would be:
- select images(s)
- move them into the "to be uploaded" pane
- type in name of NEW folder
- select a color (optional)
- Press the upload button

PS. I'm totally new to Auctiva, and haven't actually posted anything yet. Right now I'm exploring. For the most part, this is a very well designed site. This surely beats using Frontpage, managing my own template and doing all the FTPing of images and linking that I previously did. It was a very complicated process.
I mis-read the original poster's suggestion, but I agree with his/her suggestion.

I found it a pain to always be sent to Manage Images page after uploading s small set of images. I would definitely prefer to remain where I am -- uploading images. I uploaded pictures for maybe 25 items yesterday, and I constantly had to hit the "Back" button on my browser to return to uploading images, so I could select the next set of pictures. If I want to go to Managing Images, then there's a button on the page that would send me there. I think if Auctiva added a "New Folder" text-field within the Image Uploader page (as my previous suggestion states) it would definitely stream-line this repetitive operation.
good point, but I wonder why more people don't do like I do when I am uploading --I upload ALL of my images at once, then when it takes me to the manage images page, I sort my items into their folders there, instead of uploading to one folder, then going back to the manage images page, then going back to upload into another folder, then back to the manage images page, etc.

Maybe they can add some kind of button to take you directly back to the upload page if you wanted to....
The reason is that my images are sorted in separate directories on my PC. So when I'm uploading I need to access individual folders. In other words, I navigate to a folder on my PC, upload the images, then navigate to a different folder, etc.

Another suggestion would be to select a directory on my PC, and upload all the images (content), AND PRESERVE the directory (folder) name on Auctiva. This way I wouldn't even need to create a folder on Auctiva, it would automatically preserve the name.

Your point is well-taken if you do bulk uploading. The real suggestion is "flexibility." it would be nice to be able to set a preference on the operational behavior.

BTW, I bulk-upload photos from my camera and import into Lightroom. In Lightroom, I crop, fix white-balance, manipulate contrast to show marks on glass, etc. etc. and then export all the photos for a single item into a named directory. So, all of item X's photos go into a directory named X. It's these directories that I upload to Auctiva. If you do alot of editing on lots of pictures, I'd suggest Lightroom, although it's not inexpensive and there's a bit of a learning curve.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.