Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

We are aware that eBay just added the 30 day duration for fixed price listings today and we will be conducting a site update later this afternoon to add this option to the Auctiva lister page. This update will most likely take place by 6 PM PT today.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Same question I came to ask. Unfortunately, I just listed a fixed price and didn't think to see how long it would go for....I assumed all fixed price listings would default for 30 days since Auctiva knew this was going to take effect a long time ago. They probably knew before us individual sellers. Oh well, I'll set my fixed price things to list tonight instead of this afternoon.

BTW, does anyone know if eBay is taking 15% FVF on fixed price listings? That's what I seem to remember hearing. Because if so, I'm doing auctions instead.

Thank you. - Diane
countryblue1027, as usual eBay's employees have no clue as to what they are talking about.

What I have been doing before this Auctiva error message today is listing Fixed price listings using the 10 day via Auctiva, then revising the listing on eBay and it allows me to change it to the 30 day and does charge the 35 cents listing fee.

Thus, it is already in effect, just not done here at Auctiva yet.
Wow, I didn't realize ebay was charging 12% on the Fixed Items now! I knew there had to be a catch with this new 30 day listing thing. Nothing like taking it up the rear...

Does anyone know, if you list something Auction style with a Buy It Now, it would still be considered an Auction listing, right? The FVF would still be 8.75% (for the first $25) if someone "Bought it Now".

Maybe I'll do it that way....
Hmmm. Kinda slow there, Mike - especially given that, like us, you've known for a MONTH (at least) that the change was coming.

Ummmm, maybe it's because they couldn't actually roll it out until after eBay officially began offering the new listing time. I'm sure they've had the programming done for some time, and I'm sure that they've tested it, but there are often unforseen issues when things go live.
quote:
Originally posted by Queenie:
Wow, I didn't realize ebay was charging 12% on the Fixed Items now! I knew there had to be a catch with this new 30 day listing thing. Nothing like taking it up the rear...

Does anyone know, if you list something Auction style with a Buy It Now, it would still be considered an Auction listing, right? The FVF would still be 8.75% (for the first $25) if someone "Bought it Now".

Maybe I'll do it that way....

That's exactly right--auction-style listings will still have a FVF of 8.75% for the 1st $25, then 3.5% of the remaining price up to $1,000.

I think I'll do a large portion of my listings that way too....good thinking!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html
eBay is taking 12% of the first $50, then 6% of the rest for fixed price. From 10/1 to Christmas, if you offer free shipping you get free subtitle and list higher in search; and Power Sellers get double the usual FVF discount.

BTW, I'm listing part at 10 days and part at 30--most of my folks are looking at 'newly listed' first, so I'm not so sure how much more traffic I would get on 30 days; but at $.35 a listing, I can afford to list 10 days segments more readily, as my old listing fee was $2. Just my 2 cents worth....
neen wrote, "From 10/1 to Christmas, if you offer free shipping you get free subtitle and list higher in search; and Power Sellers get double the usual FVF discount".

It's 10/1 through the end of the year (12/31), and not all Powersellers automatically get the "double discount". Its only if your DSR numbers qualify and meet their high criteria. I always read the small print. There is always a catch. Roll Eyes
Regarding the 12% for fixed price listings, just take out the calculator and do the math. No one said you have to list at full price, add up all your costs including the 12% final value fees of your item at a price that will allow you to still make a profit, add a fixed shipping fee that is not going to get you neg'ed in your DSR's
Example: I was listing a fixed price item for 19.99 with free shipping. When that item was in the 8.75% range I was paying $1.75 FVF then it went up to 2.40. Now I list it for $12.19 with $7.80 shipping, costing me only 1.46 in FVF @ 12% . That saves me .94 in FVF's and even less than I was paying at 8.75%.
Remember that there is always a "work around" for every problem on eBay.
OK wait, I'm confused. I just tried to create a listing, Auction style, at $29.95 with a Buy It Now at $29.99. Obviously I'm trying to wiggle around the 12% FVF by listing it this way and only getting hit with 8.75% + 3.50 (after $25).

My questions is, under Preview where it shows the Ebay estimated costs, it shows $1 for insertion and $1 for Buy It Now, for a total of $2 bucks? I thought a Buy It Now for a $29.99 item would be .20 cents--according to their fee chart it is. Confused

So much for that brilliant idea... Roll Eyes
If I see a Seller listing low starting price and then high (way over average) shipping, we won't Buy. We have seperate Buyer I.D.

We will pay a wee bit more for a legit starting price though higher, than the obvious ploy of low start/high ship.

It is this kind of sneaky pricing/shipping that has given Donahue the leverage to place limits on Shipping.

Integrity is important in repeat business.
No short cuts! Frown
Possumbilities, can't you just list it as a non-30 day listing (like select 7 days) then revise it on the Ebay side to 30 days? Like how we do it with the Visitor Counter? You can't select it on the Auctiva side, but you can revise & select it on the Ebay side.

I've never listed anything with Ebay motors, but just curious if this might work?
Maybe its B/c Motors Don't Bring them enouph Revenue? Since alot of P&A Sellers use UPS etc.

My solution...I've went ahead & listed on ebay directly even though I can't offer the Major Cards through my Merchant account but the Loss of not listing at all is killing me.

I'll just list on Motors & then when Auctiva gets around to it I might list back with them but I doubt it!

I feel for the People, Like me, that sell on motors & auctiva has not made this any easier but Who knows. I will say this is NOT a Business Solution nor does it say anywere that it is.
"Powerfull Solution for eBay Sellers" Hello Auctiva You say FREE but you Punish the People that use your Checkout the Most. Wether we Bring You Insurance Revenue or Not...I'm sure Our Motors Listings have brought you Many more Customers when they Click on the Auctiva Link in my Listings so Whats the Hold UP!!!!

Can't we just get a real answer besides "We Don't Know When"
You are right Queenie, I listed an item and then went to eBay before any bids were made and change it to 30 day-GTC.
All this squacking from everyone about how Auctiva is letting you down and that they are not staying on top of things, well here is my thoughts on that. It's FREE! and they are saving you all money and providing a lot of cool features! If you want to bi8ch, go on an eBay forum, they are the one getting your money!! Talk about biting the hand that feed you! Damn!
Yes, I also list under Parts & accessories and BTW my auctions are still doing better than BIN fixed price items and I'm making more money by saving fees! But this DSR krap is extorting me into listing at a higher price and lower shipping or be shut down. And as far as Free Shipping is concerned, that's another way for extort more fees out of you pocket and lets all donate the 10% you have left to our favorite charities and get a free ribbon of your color choice to display in your listing.
We pay as much as anyone else for the privilege to list on eBay so why should anyone's listing be pushed back or forward by how we list?
Auctiva, are you going to take my advice and open your own auction site yet?
I feel a lot better now that I got my Friday night words in Cool

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.