Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was having a heck of a problem with different issues relating to the IE browser when trying to user the Auctiva website - so I downloaded Firefox as recommended (a most excellent browser I might add...) and everything worked great for 4 days, then the textbox and the toolbar above on the listing description page would'nt load I toggled between the text/design links above where the toolbar/text box should have been but nothing happened.

Couldn't get anything to work so I (for the first time) broke down and sent my computer out to have all my settings checked, Firefox re-installed and it seems that my Java/Javascript was screwed up . . . got my computer back - EVERYTHING works as it should!

As a note to having the Firefox browser - download the plug-in that allows you to toggle web pages from FireFox to IE - a click of a button and the FireFox pages that were'nt quite right or missing function features (like the 'Print' page from PayPal that you click either 'print preview' or 'Print' to print out your shipping label - with the Firefox browser those "Print" buttons DO NOT APPEAR in that pop-up window so I set my browser to "ALWAYS use IE to show this page". Very excellent trick! I do the same for eBay which Firefox does not display too well either.

So far Firefox has been worth all the 'Old Dog learning New Tricks' ordeal . . . as far as pictures not loading in Firefox . . .? I havn't experienced that problem . . . (yet - ?)

Hope this helps someone . . . these things can be VERY Eek frustrating!!!
quote:
Hey, what's the name of the extension you use? I installed one but it doesn't seem to work so great for me but I think there are others and I'd be happy to try another.

Hi Rick,
Here it is: IE View 1.2.9

This is the one that was installed for me by the kid who worked MAGIC on my computer when I finally broke down and decided that it was ALL BEYOND ME and let someone who knew what they were doing mess with thisthingthatissmarterthanme!

Mariann
quote:
Originally posted by terrym3092:
Good morning,

The only way I have been able to get it to work is by downloading firefox. I also tried internet explorer 6 which did not work. Now I have to download pictures through I/E and add desc with firefox. I'm hoping not to have to use 2 programs so anyone have any ideas.

Thank you
Terry

I have found the Internet Explorer 7 RC1 (Windows XP SP2) (current version I'm using is 7.0.5700.6) has worked remarkably well. It has the tab features like Firefox, plus will interact with Front Page and other Microsoft Office products which comes in very handy if you have to revise your auction using eBay's Revise option. eBay only has 5 colors of text in their editing program, so I just:

1.) Go to the Revise Your Item link on your auction page and click on it.

2.) Drop down the newly opened page to: Edit Description and click on it.

3.) Drop down to the EDITING frame,RIGHT CLICK somewhere in that frame and choose SELECT ALL from the menu the opens.

4.) Press CTL+C which copies the highlighted section.

5.) Then I OPEN FRONT PAGE and press CTL+V which pastes the auction into Front Page.

6.) I MAKE MY CHANGES.

7.) Then-RIGHT CLICK somewhere in the page and choose SELECT ALL from the menu that opens.

8.) Press CTL+C which copies the highlighted section (which is everything in this case).

9.) Go back to the eBay Revising page.

10.) Make sure everything is still highlighted (selected) in the EDIT DESCRIPTION frame.

11.) Press CTL+V which pastes the page I just edited in Front Page right into the frame.

12.) Select the SAVE CHANGES button at the bottom of the Editing Frame which sends you back to the MAIN EDITING PAGE.

13.) Drop to the bottom of the page, and select the SUBMIT REVISIONS button, and . . .

14.) VOI-LA the auction page is edited and still looks as well as it does when you first created it using Auctiva.
Last edited by gr8webdesigns
Not a Problem Rick . . . Hope it works as well for you as it is for me . . . in fact it is almost scary how well this whole site and EVERYWHERE is working now that I had everything checked out and Firefox installed for me 'Professionally' (read that as 'SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING '-LOL! ... nO - mAkE tHaT rOfL!!!) I love it when something goes right in my little world - that is RIGHT UP THERE WITH . . . Actually Finding What You Are Looking For . . . on the FIRST 'passthrough'!!!

Have a good one and 'SELL~SELL~SELL"

Mariann
(of all the things I've lost . . . I miss my mind the most!) Big Grin

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.