Skip to main content

Site update 1/11/11

Hello Community,

We performed an update to the Auctiva.com site today. Many of the changes made were for internal purposes, but a few user-facing improvements were completed as well:

In addition to Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers, we now “officially” support the Google Chrome browser.

Ability to add UPC/ISBN/MPN/EAN to your listings. This optional feature has been available when listing directly on eBay, and we’re glad to be able to support it. Once you have selected a category for your item on the lister page, you will see a new drop-down menu that says “Catalog Type”--select which code/# you will enter and type it into the box that appears.

Updated “new” Saved Listing page--after we initially released this back in October, we heard a lot of great feedback from our users about changes they wanted to see on the page. Some changes/features made include:

• Larger font sizes (now the same size as the “old” Saved Listings page);
  • Folder colors extending across the entire background of the listing, instead of just the folder icon being colored (also like the “old” Saved Listings page);
  • Filters are now “sticky”, so if you use them to sort for certain types of listings, and leave the page and come back to it, the filters will still be in place for that session;
  • New image preview feature, so by clicking on the image next to a listing, it will quickly pop open right there--no need to open the entire listing to get a better look at the image;
  • When deleting a Saved listing, you have the option to delete images associated with the listing at the same time.
  • If a Saved Listing is scheduled to launch in the future, instead of the old “*” noting that, you will now see a small calendar icon, and if you put your mouse over it, you will see the time/date it is scheduled to launch.
  • Folder names are now visible, instead of having to mouse over the folder icon to see which folder the listing is in.

There’s still a couple very minor bugs being worked out on this page, so for the time being it will not be made the "default" Saved Listings page, but can still be accessed by clicking the link.

Happy selling!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Auctiva, I was under impression this had been fixed in January. I wrote Feb 6th that it is still problem and no response??? I went ahead and posted without codes in place, now they are up for relist and problem still exists a month after post? This UPC issue has been floating around since November. When can we expect this to be updated. This is frustrating month after month having to remember to go back and do the listing correctly. then checking site to find that it has not been done yet. Especially since auctiva does not have the notes section that many have asked for seems like forever, that would help track things at least minimizing a tiny bit of the frustration of leaving auctiva and having to go onto ebay and put in notes there hoping to remind us. Or doing for memory.

Please update on this.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for checking back in with us about this. I was able to locate the support case that you filed about this issue and it appears that the representative you were working with assumed that this issue was related to the other problem you mentioned in that case that was causing an error to be returned when you attempted to search the eBay catalog using the “Find Product” tool.

You received a response indicating the problem was resolved and we did not hear back from you after that, but I now realize you were also reporting that the “Catalog Type” option which we added to allow sellers to specify UPC codes with their listings was not showing up for the category.

It appears that “Catalog Type” field is not showing up for any categories that allow you to link items to eBay's product catalog using the “Find Product” option because the UPC codes for those items are sent to eBay with the product details.

However, I can see how that would prevent sellers from entering UPC codes along with products that cannot be found in eBay's product catalog so I will have our development team look into adding that option. I will reopen your previous support case that was filed about this and will update you through that case as additional information is available.

Sorry about the confusion.

-Mike
Thanks for note, I think I am somewhat confused, as I offered to do in two different support cases but since items were very very similar I figured there may be some connection did in one asking in request if I should do 2 cases, when rep did not say I needed two I assumed one was ok and that they were both addressed.

Also, confused that ebay has option for FIND and UPC and have for quite awhile. Most of the ones I have in this category that I have checked are not in find product area with same exact UPC and picture so can't use those.

Frankly I did not respond back because they are just coming up for relist so had no reason to think this had not been resolved, since rep said it was and the rep on forum also said same.

quote:
Ability to add UPC/ISBN/MPN/EAN to your listings. This optional feature has been available when listing directly on eBay, and we’re glad to be able to support it. Once you have selected a category for your item on the lister page, you will see a new drop-down menu that says “Catalog Type”--select which code/# you will enter and type it into the box that appears.

I could only assume it was done until I went to add the UPC's in listings to relist.

Thanks for your note.. hopefully this can be ironed out so I can take this off my go around list.

Thanks for the update
auctiva quote: From January ll, 2012

Any news on this??? Still NO UPC area? Would love to get my listings done once and be done with them without having to remember which I need to repull and fix at a later date. OR skip items in that category which is what I previously did.

More and more people, myself included, are scanning items UPC's from stores to see if items are cheaper online. I find I use it a few times a week now. Without that UPC our items will not show up in laser scan.

I know there is support case open, however, honestly do not have time to muddle through open cases when others probably have same issue.

Actually was looking for ONE thing tonight on community found it and realized there are many pending most of which I just have been too lazy to relook up.

Thanks for a response on when we may expect this to be updated with ebay system.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for checking back in with us on this. While it is already possible to add UPC codes to most listings through the Auctiva website, we currently do not support the entry of this for listings that are being posted in eBay categories that support the “Find Product” option but for which there is not a match in the eBay product catalog.

I am cannot provide an estimate of when we may be able to change our site to support the entry of this information for listings of that nature, but I have your support case with # 487113 on file with that issue and will update you through this case when any additional information on this topic is available.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.