Skip to main content

I am wondering about the twelve free pictures on eBay that are coming up in April: can these be posted through Auctiva, so they'll end up at the top like the single gallery photo now does? I really like Auctiva, but if it doesn't post the 12 photos other than in the description area, I will seriously consider defecting and just posting everything straight on eBay. Please say you'll be doing this!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good question.

The free images that eBay is offering are for store subscribers.

eBay maintains these only for the duration of the listing they are uploaded for. The Auctiva images are hosted and stay until you delete them. The same image can be uploaded to Auctiva image hosting and then used over and over across many listings.

We allow 24+ and you can supersize your Auctiva hosted images.

What we are planning to do is ALSO allow users to upload the 12 gallery images that the previous poster was referring too.
Hi Laura,

Thanks for asking..we have made good progress.

We are planning to do an update to the Auctiva site this week which, barring unexpected problems, will include the feature to allow uploading the 12 optional gallery images.

Just as a reminder to folks reading this thread, eBay does charge for these optional gallery images in some situations but not others, so read eBay's rules before using them.
HI- thanks for info. auctiva. Anyone know right off who will have to pay for the gallery images and who will not? I briefly looked today and did not find what I was looking for.

IF anyone knows.. pls. let us know.. if not I will dig for it later in the week.

I remember seeing something on it awhile back.. but can't locate it right off.

Thanks if anyone knows without a lot of digging.
Vickie
quote:
Originally posted by lauraslastditch:
Thanks! Sounds good! Also, I found something on the Auctiva site yesterday where users could vote thumbs up or down on various proposed features. For the life of me, I can't find it now. Could you tell me where it is? Thanks,

Laura

You can find our Feature Center by hovering your mouse over the "Home" tab, then click the Feature Center link.
quote:
Originally posted by lauraslastditch:
If you have an eBay store, then pics are free, or if you are selling in certain categories (collectibles for sure, probably some other categories as well), then 12 pics are free for everyone.

Laura

Thank you Laura!
We cannot stress enough how important it is to double-check on eBay if these gallery images are free of charge or not for you. As Laura stated, eBay store owners get those for free, as well as if you list in certain categories (Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques.)

The last thing we want is for a user to add 12 gallery images and then get billed .15/each from eBay. Eek So if you are not sure, check with eBay: ebay hosted picture fees
For anyone who is a fanatic on double checking (called obsessive something). If you do the check ebay fees before you list it will show if you are being charged. ALSO, just as a double double check I called ebay and asked them to physically check my account to make sure. (I had a couple of other questions, but that was the main one.) Surprisingly I waited less than 1 minute for an answer.

Vickie
I think the way it's set up, where there's the $ icon near the extra gallery photo option, I doubt there will be a big problem with people using them by mistake, so that's a plus. As someone who will always be using this feature, though, it would be nice at some point if there was a way to set up account preferences so those gallery pics go on automatically when choosing the main set of pictures. For now, I'm just glad to be able to do it right on Auctiva rather than having to go into eBay to do it.
Lauraslastditch. .

Have you posted anything yet using this? I did the box and put on photos. I posted one thing yesterday and the photos did not show up on ebay? I did contact support and they are sending to engineering.. just wondering if anyone is actually checking theirs and know this is working for sure. Could be a start up glitch.. . but thought I would ask.

Thanks
Vickie
Hi just wanted to report that auctiva wrote back that it was a glitch and was fixed today.

Auctiva.. suggestion is right on target.

1. Would be nice to have it where we can click do a default where we can put this in our preferences so we do not have to click it each time (does this make sense - someone word this better) if you understand it.

2. Like Eastlaneve said, would be nice to have the pictures automatically put on.. say once you put the lst set on those show up on the bottom set so we do not have to go in twice and do the photos? Then if we have over 12 we can delete those or if we do not want same 12 we can change them ourselves.

Auctiva.. is this possible? I know. . we never let it go.

Auctiva.. I feel you did do great job of this and feel was done in record time. I do feel this is great feature that again will keep us competitive with other ebayers.

Also, auctiva.. I am noticing you seem to be hitting the boards hot and heavy lately (more than i saw for awhile). We do appreciate it.. it is nice to know you are THERE. While we know you are.. .just seeing it makes it nice and we feel we are being heard. GOOD JOB!!!

Also, I think support tickets are being answered in record time! Big Grin

Thanks for all of the hard work!
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the good information here. This sounds like an awesome new feature that will enhance sales. I have been trying to verify this on eBay for awhile and the links provided in these messages don't take me to the right place - or else my brain didn't. But all I can find on eBay is that the extra photos are $.15 each. I have searched under store picture fees, etc., but with no luck. Can anyone direct me to the exact information on eBay itself that verifies that a basic store subscriber can use this new thumbnail gallery feature below the main photo and not be charged for it for up to 12 pictures? I just don't want to start something without seeing it in print on eBay first....

Thanks so much. Wanda
Rebecca. . have not checked this thread in forever.
Thanks for looking at my items. .nice of you.. suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

I do LOVE the gallery optional feature. I wish I had time to go back and do to all of my listings with it. I also do LOVE matching the templates to clothes. People always tell me I need to get my own template made, but I can't think of a color that would work with all clothes. So I try to find nice matching ones.

Which brings us to two questions:

1. previous note where we mentioned we would LOVE having lst 12 images automatically copied in gallery images section. . .any luck on getting this.. it would be such a time saver. . and you know what they say . time is $$$$$$$$ MONEY $$$$$$$
OK SHAWN, the ball is in our court again!!

Also.

2. Would LOVE to have easy way to put this in all OLDER listings without going in and doing each one separately which is HUGE undertaking. Any way to get feature where we can check a default thing and get them on listings sort of like a bulk edit type thing? EVEN on SAVED listings, when our listings were ending, we could end them and put new ones with gallery images on there. (hope this makes sense)

Number one though would even be HUGE help.

Rebecca, you are the AUCTIVA SUPER SMARTY (live that title by the way), see what you can do and let us know if either of these may happen.

Chris, Tony, Shaun.. anyone who can answer??? Smile

Thanks sooo much.
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.