Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi 2purrcats,

Yes, you can. However, the rules you can set up for automatically purchasing insurance for eBay Checkout transactions will not take effect until 9/22/2009 when eBay implements their new shipping insurance policy that will effectively remove the shipping insurance option from the eBay site.

If you would like to enable this setting, you will first want to mouse over the "My Account" tab within your account and select the "Auctiva Shipping Insurance" option. The settings that you will need to configure to set up your rules according which to automatically generate Auctiva insurance policies for eBay Checkout transactions are in the section labeled "Auto-Purchase Rules".

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions about this, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Hi HoobieDaju,

The Auto Purchase Insurance rules here do not apply to anything that is submitted to eBay along with listings so having this setting enabled will not cause listings to fail to post after 9/22/09. The processes carried out by the Auto Purchase Insurance setting are completely on the Auctiva side of things and servers as an alternative to purchasing insurance for your shipments through the shipping carrier.

I hope this clears things up!

-Mike
I understand Mike, but let's run this scenario... I have an item that's advertised for $5.00 shipping... The buyer will get an invoice through eBay stating that shipping is $5.00.. How will the Auctiva auto-insurance rule kick in? Additionally, what can be done so the buyer does not feel that they were given false info if they receive a secondary invoice with a shipping & handling rate higher than what was advertised? Furthermore, we can't assume that the buyer will be understanding when presented with an invoice stating a mandatory insurance rate, especially since we're not allowed to state in any auction template that insurance will be mandatory at or beyond a certain amount... So how should that be managed?

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,

In the scenario you mentioned, your buyer would be charged the $5.00 for shipping that was advertised on the item and Auctiva will automatically generate an insurance policy for the item provided that your Auto Purchase Insurance rules dictate that a policy should be generated for the item. You would then be charged for the policy according to the rates on our shipping insurance rates chart.

If you wanted to pass the cost of insurance on to your buyers after this new policy takes effect, you would need to incorporate the cost of insurance into your product or shipping price as best you can.

Listing items for which buyers are asked to pay extra for insurance will be strictly prohibited by eBay under this new policy so you would not be allowed to do that in the invoicing stage either.

-Mike
Hi Scott,

If this will not work for you and you would like your prepaid balance to be refunded, please send your request to our customer support team using the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

It will also be helpful if you can provide the transaction ID of the payment or the Paypal email address from which it was sent because I was unable to find it in our Paypal account based on the Paypal email address you use in your eBay listings.

-Mike
My insurance default setting is to automatically have Auctiva purchase shipping insurance for International sales outside of USA and NOT TO AUTOMATICALLY purchase shipping insurance for sales within the USA and Auctiva is not obeying my default settings. Auctiva is automatically charging my USA buyers for shipping insurance when they or I do not want shipping insurance for domestic purchases. Please fix your system Auctiva.
Hi Beauty Wizard,

The Auctiva Shipping Insurance settings do not actually impact whether your buyers are charged for insurance - they just dictate whether our system will automatically generate insurance policies for your items when insurance is required, included, or selected by the buyer if optional. Whether your buyers are charged for insurance is determined by whether you specific insurance as required, included in S&H, optional, or not offered on each individual listing.

In any event, if you feel that insurance is not being handled correctly in your Auctiva account, I recommend contacting our customer support team using the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Hi Mike60,

It sounds like you must have your Auto-Purchase Rules for shipping insurance set to automatically generate insurance policies on some or all of your transactions. You can check on and/or edit your Auto-Purchase Rules by mousing over the "My Account" tab within your Auctiva account and selecting the "Auctiva Shipping Ins" option under "Settings".

Since you did not intend to purchase Auctiva insurance policies for some of your items for which policies have already been generated, I recommend contacting our customer support about that and we’ll see what we can do for you there.

You can reach our customer support team at any time by filling out the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Mike60,
The same thing has happened with my account. I'm sure you more than anyone will understand my shock upon receiving my Auctiva invoice yesterday with nearly $40 worth of insurance purchases that I did NOT make.

I did NOT opt into the Auto Purchase program. I had no intention of doing so as I do not wish to insure every item I sell. I am frankly appalled that not only was I opted into the program but that it was done so without my knowledge or consent. The only notification I received was when I received the invoice with all the insurance charges that I never made.

I've contacted support and I truly hope to come to an acceptable resolution of this situation, but this has really made me question my trust in Auctiva as this entire situation is just wrong.
I have also been victim of Auctiva setting my account to auto purchase insurance without my permission. The Options changed and your company took it upon themselves to set my settings to auto purchase for all items. Sending out a notification email that the feature is going to change is not sufficient for you to decide that I want to be charged for insurance on everything. I must do it myself. I want the $27 I just paid refunded and the $8 pending canceled. I did not authorize the purchases, YOUR company did.

I've contacted support and changed the settings to what they should have been set to. I can't believe that you guys would do such a thing as to set someone's settings to automatically purchase something without their authorization. I too have to question my trust in Auctiva.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.