Skip to main content

I've been listing through Auctiva for years, but all of a sudden, while I'm working on my listing, my page will "pop" for no reason. For example, I hit Preview and I am suddenly at the top of the page and must scroll down and hit Preview again. This is happening twice for each listing. It is frustrating and costing me time and I'd like to know how to fix it. Thank you. dawn
I have been on Auctiva for a few weeks now and it has been nothing but trouble. I wish it worked because I LOVE the concept when listing on ebay to go through Auctiva, but it's ALWAYS an error. Or ERROR!! Geez!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dawn, that IS odd...that comment you say you didn't leave says 'I've been on Auctiva a few weeks now' but you've been here for a few years Confused I couldn't even hazard a guess what's going on with that ...

Anyway, I've been having the same page problems but very infrequently, so I havent filed a support request..but I think you should. Sorry I couldn't be more help Frown
quote:
Originally posted by puakob:
I've been listing through Auctiva for years, but all of a sudden, while I'm working on my listing, my page will "pop" for no reason. For example, I hit Preview and I am suddenly at the top of the page and must scroll down and hit Preview again. This is happening twice for each listing. It is frustrating and costing me time and I'd like to know how to fix it. Thank you. dawn

It's not just you...I have been super upset at this. It's been going on for at least a month of more with me. Also it not just preview, I get it on all kinds of buttons on the listing page. It's never the same, sometimes this button sometimes that button. The page JUMPS and then when you click on it the 2nd time, it will work. Auctiva admitted its on their end a while back, but still it's not fixed!

I have posted about this before, and still nada,nothing!

And tonight is just a mess on the listing page!
I don't know what's going on. I get my listing ready and then in preview, it looks nothing like my listing page. I have worked 1 hour on one stupid listing, wasting so much time!!!!
Hi Community,

The issue described by the initial poster in this thread is a known issue that occurs when sellers using Internet Explorer go directly from working within the description editor to clicking one of the buttons or tabs on the listing creation page, such as the "Select an Image", "Save", "Post" or "Preview" buttons. If you click inside one of the other text boxes like the "Start Price" field before clicking the button, this should not happen.

We have been experiementing with some different ideas to prevent this from happening but, ultimately, it seems like the only way to fix that issue once and for all will be to switch to a new editor. There are still some decisions to be made in this regard but, if we do go ahead and introduce a new editor, that is something that will likely take a great deal of time to get completed.

This issue does seem to be Internet Explorer specific so, if you find this to be too annoying, you may be able to find some relief in using the Firefox browser when working with Auctiva. If you'd like to give that a shot, it can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.mozilla.com

If you have any additional questions regarding your Auctiva account, please feel free to contact our customer support team about this using the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Mike, this has only been happening a few months now. It didn't used to do this. Sometimes when I open a listing just to add the pictures and click select image, it will jump even if I haven't touched the description. Sometimes it jumps my cursor to the description. Also categories will change if you click anywhere near the drop down box when trying to page down. I often use the Find Product before doing the Title box but when I click in the body to be able to scroll down, the categoy changes and I have to redo the Find Product.

booklady
Well now I've just bumped into a whole new problem. I just finished listing two pieces of sterling jewelry, and now I find that neither were posted on ebay, and are nowhere to be found. I can either start all over, or quit. I'm saying here and now, I'm NOT going to continue to PAY for these services, because they are NOT what I have been used to before paying. I'm very disappointed in Auctiva!!!!
dawn
quote:
Originally posted by booklady:
Mike, this has only been happening a few months now. It didn't used to do this. Sometimes when I open a listing just to add the pictures and click select image, it will jump even if I haven't touched the description. Sometimes it jumps my cursor to the description. Also categories will change if you click anywhere near the drop down box when trying to page down. I often use the Find Product before doing the Title box but when I click in the body to be able to scroll down, the categoy changes and I have to redo the Find Product.

booklady

DITTO!
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

The issue described by the initial poster in this thread is a known issue that occurs when sellers using Internet Explorer go directly from working within the description editor to clicking one of the buttons or tabs on the listing creation page, such as the "Select an Image", "Save", "Post" or "Preview" buttons. If you click inside one of the other text boxes like the "Start Price" field before clicking the button, this should not happen.

We have been experiementing with some different ideas to prevent this from happening but, ultimately, it seems like the only way to fix that issue once and for all will be to switch to a new editor. There are still some decisions to be made in this regard but, if we do go ahead and introduce a new editor, that is something that will likely take a great deal of time to get completed.

This issue does seem to be Internet Explorer specific so, if you find this to be too annoying, you may be able to find some relief in using the Firefox browser when working with Auctiva. If you'd like to give that a shot, it can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.mozilla.com

If you have any additional questions regarding your Auctiva account, please feel free to contact our customer support team about this using the form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

With all do respect Mike, as stated before, this has just started happening, so why should be have to be inconvenienced now that we are paying?

So you are saying, that's just how it is? From now on jumping pages! That's acceptable?

Silly nonsense, so sorry. I hate being negative, but things were working better when free. Please don't follow in ebays footsteps, and start fixing things that aren't broke.
And still no spell check either... Confused
Hello again,

The issues being discussed on this thread have nothing to do with our transition to being a paid service, although the timing is similar. The issue of the "bouncing cursor" in Internet Explorer and the removal of the spell checker from the description editor came about when we switched to a new version of the description editor, which was a necessary change to plug up a security vulnerability.

As I mentioned in my previous post, these are issues we are looking to address, but the ultimate solution is most likely going to be offering an entirely new editor. Creating a new editor or deciding on a new third party editor to use is a huge project, so it is not likely to happen immediately though. We'll let everyone know when more information on this topic becomes available though.

In the interim, I recommend trying the workarounds I mentioned in my previous post to see if they help minimize the effects of this issue and make the Auctiva website easier to work with for you.

Puakob,

In order to see why your listings failed to post, just click the red number in the “Notifications” section of your Auctiva account and you’ll see the errors that eBay returned. It looks like you entered dimensions that exceeded the maximum parameters of the package size you selected for the most recent failed posting.

The following page of the eBay website covers the dimensional differences between all the package sizes that are offered: http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/package-sizes.html

-Mike
Hi Mike, I know you're trying to help, and I do appreciate your responding to problems. However, there's no way I went in and changed a package size as I ship jewelry. There is no package size. So either Auctiva has taken upon itself to add a different shipping altogether, or there is a glitch. The reason I have been using Auctiva all these years is because of the template, how easy it is just to change one description to another and away I go. It's not that easy anymore, and if it becomes more difficult and takes time away from my listing, then it's not worth the monthly fees. I am going in again tonight and try listing again.
dawn
Hi-I am having same problem and have been for awhile. Anyone found any real solutions. Another time-waster for us and as I have said before TIME IS MONEY. Seems a lot of problems coincide with the fees. If I was paying their original fee structure, I would be absolutely FURIOUS. Maybe auctiva philosophy is you get what you pay for. . I really do not know. However, all we want is what we are paying for, a service that was very user friendly when free and now has many glitches and support seems to have little knowledge on lots of questions, & lots of things are going to Engineering Dept and never coming back out. I have request there over 3 weeks old. I am sure there are more than us having problems with this.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.