Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Confused Hi - I'm getting the same thing, my scrolling gallery isn't showing up on my listings, nor are the auctiva templates this morning, nor can I see anything at auctiva.com

I had gotten an email two days ago about Auctiva Shipping Insurance and so I signed up for that. Surely, it doesn't have anything to do with that though, or I will cancel that as I really don't even need it.

blessings,
Karen
Hi,

Auctiva reported they were doing an extended site maintenance period starting late yesterday evening.

As far as I can tell from checking my own account and one other, no problems. However, I would file Support Cases for problems...as that gets the quickest attention.

I have hope that the extensive changes this week are in preparation (at least in part) for Beta 2 of the new eComm Stores, which Jeff suggested would be open to all.

Danno
quote:
do you happen to know how long the site maintenance will take?

Normally, they flash a WARNING! banner on the main page when something unusual is happening. It was up for the maintenance last evening, but I haven't seen it this morning. I'm assuming that it's over and done, but might have caught some folks in the late night.

Danno
FROM A DIFFERNT THRED HERE Auctiva Jeff
Auctiva CEO
Premier Poster
Posted October 31, 2008 01:36 AM Hide Post
It looks like an internet routing issue as 8 *** is bound to be nowhere near our servers given where 7 was at. It would appear something is awry in Level 3.

The reason the message boards work is because we host them in a different location for exactly this type of situation. If you run a tracert you'd likely find it takes a different path to get to these servers and goes around whatever seems to be broken in the other one.

The only solution to something like this is to wait for them to fix it.
The problems are possibly due to a spat between Cogent and Sprint-Nextel that has literally severed the Internet. It started when Sprint-Nextel cut the service links yesterday afternoon.

You can observe the outage here ("NA") for the 1, 4 and 24 hour periods.

http://internetpulse.keynote.com/Main.aspx?Period=RH24

This isn't an outage, it's a contract dispute.

To my recollection, Auctiva is on the Cogent backbone in N. Cal. Jeff sees the problem, and made comment in another thread. They do have the option to cutover to another backup provider.

Danno

Oh....and I'd raise hell with MY ISP if they are using Sprint-Nextel for this mess.
quote:
Originally posted by lindalees_attic:
Every time I try to get on to Auctivia I get a blank page - nothing - no connection any ideas why thanks so much

i have not been able to log in for 3 days now and i would someone to tell me why this is happening and why can't auctiva be contacted????
have they ceased their business?????
please help
This was sent to me. I'm just passing it one...

Posted October 31, 2008 02:44 PM
The problems are possibly due to a spat between Cogent and Sprint-Nextel that has literally severed the Internet. It started when Sprint-Nextel cut the service links yesterday afternoon.

You can observe the outage here ("NA") for the 1, 4 and 24 hour periods.

http://internetpulse.keynote.com/Main.aspx?Period=RH24

This isn't an outage, it's a contract dispute.

To my recollection, Auctiva is on the Cogent backbone in N. Cal. Jeff sees the problem, and made comment in another thread. They do have the option to cutover to another backup provider.

Danno
quote:
so what now?????????? wait for them to settle some kind of dispute

ANSWER: Call your Internet Service Provider and raise HELL with them! Flood them (Sprint-Nextel or your 3rd party that's using them) with trouble tickets and demand resolution of the service disruption / discontinuation.

It's a Sprint-Nextel decision to severe the backbone and not something Auctiva can directly fix.

Danno
quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
quote:
so what now?????????? wait for them to settle some kind of dispute

ANSWER: Call your Internet Service Provider and raise HELL with them! Flood them (Sprint-Nextel or your 3rd party that's using them) with trouble tickets and demand resolution of the service disruption / discontinuation.

It's a Sprint-Nextel decision to severe the backbone and not something Auctiva can directly fix.

Danno

little fish little mind!!!!!!!!
the only promblem thats mine is thinking this was worth something.
i should switch my provider over auctivas problem, DON'T THINK SO.
Thanks mattandleah! I haven't been able to log on to Auctiva for DAYS now, but your link got me there! My ebay listings look horrible and the auctiva templates and other content are not loading on my end, but hopefully they will have this issue resolved ASAP. From what I'm reading, it doesn't sound like Auctiva's fault, but rather Sprint/Nextel and undoubtedly is affecting countless other sites and businesses as well.
I had heard on the Ebay forums about problems with people being unable to get on Auctiva but figured it didn't apply since I don't use Sprint, etc. However I do have cable access, and I am finding Auctiva to be incredibly slow today (Sunday) to the point of being unusable. I am concerned about trying to post listings for fear or what might (or might NOT) show up once they get onto Ebay. I may try to do one auction later tonight as a test, but if they don't fix this soon I am going to have to find some other kind of service for templates and photos.
Finally got a response from cutomer support and here is what they are telling me to do, like it will help getting listings ready for tonight.

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I would like to assure you that all of our servers are up and running perfectly fine. We have informed our technical team about this matter and they are currently looking into it. It appears that this slowness issue is accounting due to some temporary congestion in the network. I would advice you to please take a break and try back with us after sometime.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.