Skip to main content

Can someone whose been using this service for a while please take a minute a quickly respond to this. I would greatly appreciate it.

I think it's a reasonable question, I've read all the info. on this site and I don't see it listed anywhere:

If I need to make an edits to an active listing -- I can access my listing via Auctiva, but it appears I'm then transferred to Ebay -- when I make the edits (ie: a chng. in wording, or chng. in photos, etc. to my current/active listing -not including adding things that ARE known 'fee'-based things: adding a buy it now, reserve, or upping my initial insertion price-) will I be charged any additional fees from ebay after I make the edit/s?

I know ebay is fee-happy. And my concern --what I'm unclear about-- is for example, if I access a 8-photo listing I put through via Auctiva (and am currently not being charged from ebay for those xtra photos, as well as the floral template I'm using), but then if I access it to make chnages to my text will ebay then recognize my listing has all these extras and suddenly chrg. me the additional fees for them?

Or ... no, since my listing is hosted on Auctiva I can make as many changes I may need to my active listings and ebay can't/won't charge any of their fees for me doing so.

I'm very new to this and I'd really appreciate a respone to this. Thank you so muchin advance.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The problem is one I came across a while back.

When you add a group of images to a listing via Auctiva they are all held within the description details.

If you add further via ebay -> revise item they will charge extra as they are added external to the description detail as they would be if you had included multiple images via ebay in the first place.

The workaround is either to tweak the HTML via ebay -> revise item or often safer to first simply revise your saved listing on Auctiva.

Then copy all resulting HTML for that listing via the saved folder entry for that listing and paste it in the live listing's description HTML window via ebay -> revise item.

Preview before committing/submitting in case something got damaged, then you will not be charged extra image fees. This is all perfectly legitimate. Smile
Any other changes that would be charged for like e.g. adding gallery or bold etc will be charged for by ebay.

Just changing anything within the description area including multiple images are not charged for.

Just before the 'Submit revisons' button is a panel marked 'Review your Fees' if something is wrong step back to the error and correct it.
I thought this would solve my current predicament, but it doesn't seem like it did.

Here's the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230231774103

I *just* added 2 pics of the mask case to my listing which was created here on Auctiva. I saved that, then went back in and copied the HTML code and replaced the old HTML code in the description (on eBay) with the new code. But I'm still just seeing the 1 picture. HELP?? I soooooo don't want to have to pay eBay 15 cents for this picture. LOL!
Always use the ebay Preview before completing the Revise to see the final result. That way, you can back-off and start over or tweak the results until you get it exactly the way you want it.

I'm guessing you didn't get all the HTML code or something didn't work correctly when you inserted the code. Maybe you didn't wipe all the old code.

I'd try again....

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.