Skip to main content

just noticed that Staples has the Samsung ML-2010 laser printer on sale again. This time it's 49.98 after rebate ($129.98 then a $30 instant rebate, so $99.98 up front, then $50 rebate)

Item # 608742

Sale ends TOMORROW 5/13. I woulda posted this sooner, but just noticed it.

The paper tray looks like a cassette, it's not. it's a tray like inkjets have.

I bought one of these back on Black Friday and it's been a great little workhorse. Theyre not made for industrial/heavy use, but from experience i've had with mine are great for home use.

I have noticed that labels tend to be printed a little bit "off". printing is a little bit higher up than it should be. But for the most part that hasnt been a problem. Works fine with my 1/2 page labels i use for bubble mailers Smile

Comes with free shipping (staples does free s/h on purchases over $50)

anyway, just a heads up for anyone who wants an inexpensive laser printer.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

tracked down a coupon that was $20 off $150 (someone was kind enough to post one of those one-use coupons on slickdeals.net forums), upped the total to over $150 after all other immediate discounts (in order to use the $20 coupon) by tossing in a couple of free after rebate items and one item i needed (a router that also had a rebate, so got it for $9 - whoohoo!) and net effect is that I got the laser printer for $29.98 w/free S/H and a couple of bonus goodies! Big Grin Sure, I paid sales tax on the pre-rebate prices, but that was only $9-something total in taxes, so still a really good deal Smile esp. when you figure free s/h and i woulda spent that in gas going to get it.

I dont need the extra printer (i've got printers galore and like said, already have one of this model - total printers already have = 4, 6 if you count the two antique dot matrix ones) but the starter toner alone that comes with it is worth something. and i never could pass up a good deal Smile

can you say "pack rat" ? Big Grin

If this model was still available, I would recommend it. The cartridges are indestructible. I'm on my second one, and I believe I paid around $10 on ebay for it.

My father owns a Brother and has never had any issues with him. It appears to be a bit more solid unit than my Samsung, but I don't believe either is a bad choice.

Whatever you pick, be sure the Cartridges are inexpensive. Also, try how many prints you can get out of a single cartridge.

Every Brother printer I've had has proven to be a dependable workhorse. We only recently upgraded so that our printer could be connected to our network and work with our phones and tablets; we also needed a copier and scanner (I generally despise all-in-ones, I despise this one). Despite utilising off-brand toner, all it did was display a notification that said something along the lines of "non-Brother toner installed." That's all there is to it, and it appears to be recording the page count correctly.

I usually buy Brother brand toner because it isn't DRMd and I want to support them, but we wanted to see how off-brand toner would perform on the new printer, and it did.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.