Skip to main content

I saw from some other posts that some were using microsoft word to create their descriptions then copy/paste them into auctiva description. I thought I would give this a try, especially if I started creating description through auctiva and forgot to save and got logged out, my work would be lost. I copy through MW and then use the Paste from Word feature at top where tool bar icons are. Everything copies over but in gray print. What happens to any color I used in MW. Also, the title was set at center, then body of my description was left justified. All that set up is lost. It lets me make changes to the MW work within auctiva description for color, type size, etc. but then when I view it, it's one color and all centered. What's going on? I thought I would be saving some time and this is taking much longer. Any thoughts. Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, I prefer to use MS Word.

Having composed my latest masterpiece Wink I select the text, copy with ctrl-C and paste with ctrl-V into the listing editor.

When the listing editor responds and asks whether I want to clean it up (or something like that anyway) I click 'cancel'. That's right, 'cancel' strange idea of cancelling, not the usual implementation of a such a dialogue box button.

Cleaning removes most of the formatting and leaving a limp representation of what you started with.

However pasting in 'unclean' does make the HTML bulky, just look after you have pasted. If I was good at HTML I would avoid using MS Word completely (various reasons) but tough I am not. Big Grin
ChooChooGuy

quote:
I select the text, copy with ctrl-C and paste with ctrl-V into the listing editor.

Actually, this is what I did before I found out about the Paste with Word tool at top of editor and everything didn't keep all the formatting. When using the paste with word is where I see the box where you refer to clean the box that you have to copy text into.

quote:
When the listing editor responds and asks whether I want to clean it up (or something like that anyway) I click 'cancel'. That's right, 'cancel' strange idea of canceling, not the usual implementation of a such a dialogue box button.

I did go through this process before and if I click ok, it pastes, clicking clean the box I think takes out any formatting done in word not sure, but if I try hitting cancel like you suggest, it does nothing for me. Does not paste anything. I did find though that when clicking ok, and depending on which template is chosen, sometimes the formatting sticks and sometimes it's totally different. Not sure if I want to go this route right now with MW until I understand this better. Let me know if I'm not following and should be doing something different. Thanks.
I do have it, but prefer Mozilla Firefox.....very fast. When you copy/paste though do you click on the icon at all that has the clipboard with W on it for Word at the top where Item Description is? Through that is where I see some of what your talking about, but it sounds like you strictly just copy/past through MIE and this is where you're getting that message. I'm going to logout and back in using MIE and try and see what happens.

**Ok, I logged out and back in through MIE and I was able to copy/paste, but never got the message you seem to. It just copied right in and I tried it on a couple of different templates and my formatting, font color, etc. seems good except down further where I had everything left justified, it centered it, but that's a quick fix to edit through auctiva. Anyways, I'm going to just start my auction with the way it is and do some experimenting so that I can utilize Word. Let me know if based on what I've tried, if you recommend something else to do. Thanks ChooChooGuy!
Last edited by crjebay

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.