Skip to main content

You might also check out Bonanzle.com. No listing fees, and they copied all my listing from eBay. Saved me the time of having to re-create over 200 listings. Up to 4 pics included per item. FVF are a flat fee depending upon selling price.

Haven't sold anything yet, but it has only been 2 days. In those two days, they have picked up over 100 new sellers and my store has been viewed 40 times.

Check it out!

www.bonanzle.com/booths/BlueStarlight
Hi All,
I just posted to the following to the Suggestion board:
Numbers would speak volumes......

Are you supporting ANY other sites besides Ebay?
I love the ease of using your site BUT CAN NO LONGER list with Ebay. It has become unbearable.
PLEASE hook up with another site.
I believe if all the sellers who already use your site were to go to ANY OTHER site you would support the sheer numbers would be just the thing to knock ebay off their perch.
Pat
quote:
Originally posted by florida.granny:
I had an OLA account. Closed it as a seller. I just sent an email to their support and asked for account to be closed before next billing date. I also asked for an email confirmation from them that they would do that. Got the email, cc was not charged next month. Smile

florida.granny,
If you don't mind my asking, why did you close your OLA account?
If anyone is into goth or alternative fashions you can list on gothauctions.com. Absolutely free and no listing or FVF fees. I love the community on there! If you are a new seller it's probably better to get your feedback going on there some how so people won't think you are a scammer. The only bad thing about the site is that there are lots of deadbeats, but at least you aren't paying for anything...beware of scammers as well and always check for feedback. By no means you are going to rich on this site, most people look for a bargain...so if you do not mind listing your items real low to mid range than this site could be for you. Oh and server can be slow sometimes, but hey it's free!
eBay is a totally dysfunctional organization that knowingly and deliberately facilitates sophisticated shill-bidding fraud on buyers by unscrupulous sellers (eBay is a ‘criminal facilitator’), and PayPal’s ‘clunky’ payments system encourages fraud by unscrupulous buyers on sellers; between the two of these dysfunctional organizations, eBay has become an unsafe place for sellers; it has always been an unsafe place for buyers; eBay’s introduction of masked bidding aliases has simply made it that much worse.

The details at: http://www.auctionbytes.com/fo...wtopic.php?p=6502877

eBay: ‘Dead man walking’—and deservedly so.
PayPal: Systemically dysfunctional to the core.
I am a small, obviously unimportant (to Ebay) seller. Ebay used to be a fun way to make a little money on items from my cluttered closet....it didn't cost much and most of my buyers paid by check...never had a bad check nor problem with them.

Gradually I've been elbowed out of the market. I had just opened an ebay basic store, and with the $.03 cent listing was beginning to actually show a profit....then March arrived and that ended.

I opened a store on eBid which I hope will take the place of eBay and Paypal....eBid sales haven't been great but has been steadily increasing. I sell new and used clothing, dishes and many other miscellaneous things. I would really like to partner with a company and sell their items....but as yet haven't found one that fits me.

JeaneBee
http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.c...ore&title=MJs-Closet

BigCrumbs Big Payback
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/JeansJeans
Last edited by tennisntrains
quote:
Originally posted by vincentferrari:
I sell mainly shoes. Mostly used but some great new western boots as well. I am so irritated with ebay. What is the alternative? I think I need my own site. Ebay's new absurd seller policies are a shame for the buyer.

So sad. I have been selling with ebay for 10 years w/o problem until the dsr's. Now bc I get a small % of low dsr ratings I am in jeopardy as a seller. Frown
eBay’s many Donahoe-induced problems are hardly worth discussing any more. Clearly, the headless turkeys have taken over the eBay farmyard and, in particular since the sociopath John Donahoe has been given a key to the larger “disabled” cubicle in the executive wash room, eBay has every quarter, in relative terms, been flushed further and further down the toilet.

Since April Fools Day (how apt!) and the dumping of “store” items into core, eBay’s new Utah data center appears to have been effectively crippled or, if it is functioning as planned, it’s a very strange plan. Regardless, it would appear that for many users the eBay whale is high and dry on a beach somewhere, has died, and is now starting to stink. I suspect that eBay is now generating more revenue from re-listing fees, for items that remain unsold, than from any other of their fees on genuine sales.

By the way, how can an established, publicly listed, commercial entity, that is supposedly making so much money, manage to never pay its stockholders a dividend? It appears that the only people that have ever gotten any of eBay’s stash of overseas cash are the senior managing executives, and even they have been recently selling their eBay stock: eBay’s Chief Headless Turkey and Bain & Co shill, Donahoe, is dribbling out his eBay stock sales on a monthly basis, probably hoping that no one will notice—how naïve can this man and his advisers be?

http://forums.auctionbytes.com...owthread.php?t=23600

Methinks that these guys are provisioning their personal lifeboats for the undoubted coming announcement that the Donahoe “turn around” is indeed turning around, and around and around, and eBay is not going forwards but, as everybody in the real world already knows, eBay is going backwards at an ever-increasing rate.

Shill Bidding on eBay: Case Study #4
This latest study demonstrates eBay’s current utter desperation for revenue and, once again, eBay’s effective aiding and abetting of this criminal activity, at

http://forums.auctionbytes.com...owthread.php?t=23540

eBay/PayPal/Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.
Last edited by philipcohen
quote:
Originally posted by vincentferrari:
I sell mainly shoes. Mostly used but some great new western boots as well. I am so irritated with ebay. What is the alternative? I think I need my own site. Ebay's new absurd seller policies are a shame for the buyer.

Try some of the sites that don't have listings fees and all the other stuff e*ay lays on seller's these days. Perhaps you will find one that suits you. Sales are slow everywhere but can be made. As for the 'bay', I still list when they have free listings days, but I have found I'm not getting many sales there either. So I'll stick with the sites that only charge me a fee if the item sells.
I will be limiting my sales on eBay and shifting more of my items over to Bonanza. It is easy to use and I only pay fees (low ones) when something sells. For the items I sell, the fees at Bonanza make more sense. The buyers seem to like the interface so it works for me!

I have calculated that the new eBay fees are a 29% to 59% fee increase on my items. That just won't work for many of my items.

Here is my booth at Bonanza. Check it out.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.