Skip to main content

I've just noticed that when a buyer searches for an item using the regular eBay search it will show the auctions AND the shop items will follow on at the end! Has anyone seen this? HOWEVER... store items with paid gallery pictures don't show the gallery pictures, they just show the regular camera icon. What's this all about?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
This is being discussed in full on the eBay stores Discussion Board.

All of the observations that you're asking about are being put forth there. Interesting stuff. Some pinks have made their appearance in regards to this issue.

I think if I pay for the gallery...then dadnabit it oughta show in the search.

Take care, Donna

BUT you're paying for a store gallery at .01.

Think about it.

Why pay .35 auction when you could list in the store for .02 and .01 for gallery? eBay would have to be crazy to allow this. If they ever DO allow it, they'll raise store fees to cover it.

Why would you allow pics from a store to show at .01 as opposed to .35? Good for sellers and bad for eBay.
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
This is being discussed in full on the eBay stores Discussion Board.

All of the observations that you're asking about are being put forth there. Interesting stuff. Some pinks have made their appearance in regards to this issue.

I think if I pay for the gallery...then dadnabit it oughta show in the search.

Take care, Donna

BUT you're paying for a store gallery at .01.

Think about it.

Why pay .35 auction when you could list in the store for .02 and .01 for gallery? eBay would have to be crazy to allow this. If they ever DO allow it, they'll raise store fees to cover it.

Why would you allow pics from a store to show at .01 as opposed to .35? Good for sellers and bad for eBay.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...but Magie..

Allow me to play the other side of the argument the way I see it.

Think bout it this way..I may only be paying .01 for that gallery pic in my store...but don't I pay a monthly store fee?

Yes, I do. That added extra income from my store should include such perks as .01 gallery pics and longer length auctions.

So in the end, Yes m'am, I do feel that it's justified for eBay to place that gallery pic in....oh yes I do.

Peace,
Donna
Not only do you pay a monthly store fee, whether you use it or not, but you also pay a higher FVF now. Ebay raised store fees a LOT a year or so ago but we paid those for a while before we started seeing more changes.

If someone clicks on that item that's a store listing, you pay a lot more in FVF than you would if it was a fixed-price listing, which had a higher insertion fee. It's a tradeoff. Due to the higher FVFs, I used a lot more fixed-price listings this holiday season. At slower times I really hate paying the higher insertion fees so my item MIGHT sell.

The 10 cent listing day showed me how much more I can sell if I list more... but without that kind of a sale, the listing fees offset the profit from extra sales.

Anyhow... I have mixed feelings about the new search results. As a store seller, I like the extra exposure. As a smaller store seller, I resent that bigger sellers with hundreds or thousands of items in their store fill up the results page. It makes me wonder if I should re-evaluate some of my store listing strategies.

Meanwhile I did not enjoy having my "other items" search page messed up all last week. Half the times I looked, my auctions didn't show up. Just fixed-price and store listings. Not cool!
quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
Not only do you pay a monthly store fee, whether you use it or not, but you also pay a higher FVF now.

I did the math on this with some of my items, and found that I would have higher fees if the item sold through my store than if they sold through an auction with buy-it-now. I believe that it is items in the $10-$25 range. It's obviously not enough of a difference for me to care, since I can't even remember what the price range is... But it kind of stinks. I think that if you are paying the store fee, you should not end up paying more in selling fees.
Magie and I are eBay US and that's what our charge is for a gallery pic for a store item.
One cent.

Each ebay i.e., UK, France, Canada, Japan all have somewhat different scales for charges.

I see the pound symbol next to the .03 but I don't see it next to the gallery pic.

But we using US eBay pay .01.

I just uploaded an auction to my store with gallery.

Step 2: Review the fees and submit your listing

Note: This relisted item does not currently qualify for an Insertion Fee Credit. Learn more about requirements for the credit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listing fees
Insertion fee: $ 0.02
Gallery: 0.01
Total added listing fees: $ 0.03

Take care, Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.