Skip to main content

ummmmmm.... just wonder....

now whats coming ahead is starting to become more clear....

its clear ebay decided long ago not to build ebay in a way where there may not be any competiors.... this would require not taking so much profits themselves.... but its clear they decided they could rip people off as hard and fast as they can... they knew this step would bring a real competitor one day....with this way there then becomes a big disadvantage after a competitor springs up... so many people being ripped off by ebay....SO they decided that when that day came they could sell out and morp over as NOT ebay with the bigdisadvange... so their moves with yahoo may be the start of this....if yahoo buys them and then yahoo makes people think they have run people off from ebay.. so that the bigdisadvantge will be less...so it looks like this is in ebays future....

the stores ... ebay cannot compete with froogle soon on this.... they closed them before people could see them losing to google.. plus i think they are thinking on letting yahoo buy them out and yahoo with a search engine can TRY to do shopping like google... with websites and stores........ the BEST search engines will be the place to enter a search for a specific item and buy.....this will come from webstores of people..... both google and yahoo will probaby have in house service for building websites that will fit their search engines to a T...and make searchers HAPPY.... this will end ecrater and blujay growth...and independent web builders.....

yes yahoo and google and probably msn will be setting up similar things here....peoples webstores will be on each ones search engines .....BUT each one of these will need an auction type of selling also.... not because its an AUCTION exactly but because the search engines cannot pick up another big interest of buyers... which is putting their interest in search and BROWSING and wanting to see different stuff in their interest each time they look.... these search engines don't seem to be made for this type of interest that buyers have.. with auctions .... all peoples items comes up to top page and comes up to very first item when they end... with search engines the first pages may stay the same.. not good for browsing and wanting to see different items.. so this type of selling and buying is needed to have a complete online selling and buying platform...

so i think its gonna be google... yahoo and msn...

when going to google you see the stores and websites of products on froogle... and right next to the froogle name.. should be auctions they may buy bidville since its the best set up out there with fast pages and a strong and clean appearance .. fast with a million items.... they have feedback as good as ebay..they may buy them and change their name and tweak it.. and google has their payment system Gbuy....

and yahoo will have similar and there the auctions of ebay will be .. will be their auctions when they buy them.... and their payment service will be paypal....they may keep the ebay name if they can convince people they have run off the ebay elite...if not they may change the name...

msn also will have similar....and will get an auction also and a payment service.......

then there will be 3 big time competitors and sellers then will make good profits from each one... but the only fly in the ointment is how our govt has changed so much... teddy roosevelt fought hard and made anti monoploly laws.... now our govt seems to be underminding that to help the robber barons..... just maybe all these will become one and NOT let the sellers and buyers benefit BUT INSTEAD make it even worse on both the sellers and buyers....

but it looks like these 3..... unless the govt is part of the ripping off of the people to help the few rich..... these 3 competing this way will be great for sellers and buyers... this would stop ecrater and blujay.. wagglepop.... all others....all others selling online in any fashion..

GBUY will now explode in popularity cause of how ebay has ripped off the people so hard THEY KNOW IT.... and this will make people explode with expanding Gbuy just because its a competitor of ebays pay pal

get ready to flee all other sites other than ones webstore.. or if you think you are on a site that google or msn will buy to use for their auctions then maybe stay.... bidville to me is best suited to be bought by either google or msn and made better...

us sellers....... get ones own webstore....with our own website we market that when we do our OWN marketing....place it in all 3 systems.. google .. yahoo... and msn..... next place our items in the auctions of these 3 systems.. this then will be the most efficent way and really give sellers and buyers alot of value..... and just hope the the govt are not in the pocket of the robber barons 1% who are trying to make everyone else as poor as possible to increase their wealth ... but facts are that when a country lets this happen this destroys their own future.. but the robber barons and the govt may be only concerned with the short term riches and their short life and to heck with the future because they will be gone....
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Weirdpatrick,

Eek I like your possible conclusions and scenarios. With out a doubt non of these companies are stupid and we are so much useful income to their plans for the future.

Ebay could have been the walmart of the internet, if they had kept a decent pace with their original core sellers.

But they promised the moon and unfortunately so many are right about their being Egreedy. And all the newbie sellers losing money with their being stuck with a nasty bad habit selling items for little or no profit and maybe even losing money. But they keep listing with hope until it dawns on them.

Google is definitely making advances and so is msn, yahoo with some possible move toward ebay. Will be interesting the outcome.
quote:
Originally posted by Daddyo:
Ebay could have been the walmart of the internet, if they had kept a decent pace with their original core sellers.

Egreedy.

Google is definitely making advances and so is msn, yahoo with some possible move toward ebay. Will be interesting the outcome.

SO many rumors going around right now. MSN and Yahoo to combine and buy Wal-Mart? Google Buying Bidville? Single Malt vs Double Malt? Ooops, that last one doesn't belong. <smile>

One thing is for sure and that is eBay is greedy and have surpassed a point where it's just plain bad for their reputation. If they could just have held at a certain point years back, they would be looking at a site that would be as you state Daddyo..cept I like to think of it as the Target of the internet.

For the past few years sellers have been running away from "it" and speeding towards making our own independent sites, ecraters, etc. (nor would we have run so fast to make our own independent sites)

I can't wait to see after the Christmas season how this all works out. It should be interesting to say the least.

My Best,
Donna
I think ebay kinda got their vision out of sorts. As a paying seller on ebay, I (we) are the real customer!

The buyer's on ebay are our (the seller's) customer's.

It's all about customer service, and had they provided the service, then they would have been well served in turn.

Ebay can preach all day about how we the seller's must adhere to all kind's of standards, yet refuse to maintain any on their part.

Instead, they have decided to stick it to us, their customer's, and in this, we the customer's have found other markets out of necessity.

Simple economics vs greed. Greed always loses out in the end, and the market will find a point of equilibrium.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
quote:
As a paying seller on ebay, I (we) are the real customer!

Haha, yeah. But, really, what we are is the conduit for their money supply. The money ultimately comes from the buyers and that's who they cater to.

You are right in a very big way! It IS the buyer who ultimately pay's ebay through the conduit of the seller.

One nice thing about being the "conduit" is that we do have, as Donna and many other's have encouraged, the ability to choose a different utility provider (venue) ie. ecrater, vstore, personal website...

If ebay is not attractive enough to the conduit, then where will the money-stream flow? It will keep flowing....

I Love when someone (Rick) throws something out on the table to chew on! I'm learning lot's folks!

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
quote:
As a paying seller on ebay, I (we) are the real customer!

Haha, yeah. But, really, what we are is the conduit for their money supply. The money ultimately comes from the buyers and that's who they cater to.

I was under the impression that it's the stockholders who are the customers now.
yes.. since the robber barons has grabbed americas govt by both hands.. they then set up the RULES to make corporations see them as their real customers....the rules are now set up to make all americans work as slaves for these few robber barons....

the ONLY chance for sellers to avoid this misery of slavery is to change the RULES !!fight the govt and robber barons who does this.. AND both parties are in the pockets of these robber barons.....if sellers are wise they will tell everyone to vote out All people in these 2 parties!!
Okay okay..........now what? There are many many of us that just want SIMPLE. That is why eBay works for us. We can snaz up our stores or NOT, we can list or NOT, and who has not heard about eBay? Costs are only if we participate. Alternatives for us that don't want to do our own website or complication? eBay is JUST TOO COSTLY any more. Where is the discussion that breaks down all the competitors & talks about them in detail? Got an email from eBay board member after sharing frustration about costs to look into Wagglepop.com (who thought that name up), and was surprised I never heard of them. And if I never heard of them, am sure that those few 1st time buyers never heard of them. So how many more are out there that we don't know about and which is the best place to switch to? For most buyers that shop on eBay once in a while where are they going to go if not eBay, but more over how are they going to even know about another place or trust them. Isn’t that what eBay wants, for us to be thinking about this? Than there is the seller who has to consider finding merchandise, taking pictures, listing, selling, watching, getting shipping supplies, shipping, post office, invoicing, pay pal, customer base, on and on and on. It is all a lot of work; just the thing eBay depends on.......lack of TIME, extra WORK, and TRUST. It would be nice to stay with eBay but profits are just not there............so what do we do, switch, or go work at Wal-Mart?
quote:
Originally posted by judyw:
Okay okay..........now what? There are many many of us that just want SIMPLE. That is why eBay works for us. We can snaz up our stores or NOT, we can list or NOT, and who has not heard about eBay? Costs are only if we participate. Alternatives for us that don't want to do our own website or complication? eBay is JUST TOO COSTLY any more. Where is the discussion that breaks down all the competitors & talks about them in detail? Got an email from eBay board member after sharing frustration about costs to look into Wagglepop.com (who thought that name up), and was surprised I never heard of them. And if I never heard of them, am sure that those few 1st time buyers never heard of them. So how many more are out there that we don't know about and which is the best place to switch to? For most buyers that shop on eBay once in a while where are they going to go if not eBay, but more over how are they going to even know about another place or trust them. Isn’t that what eBay wants, for us to be thinking about this? Than there is the seller who has to consider finding merchandise, taking pictures, listing, selling, watching, getting shipping supplies, shipping, post office, invoicing, pay pal, customer base, on and on and on. It is all a lot of work; just the thing eBay depends on.......lack of TIME, extra WORK, and TRUST. It would be nice to stay with eBay but profits are just not there............so what do we do, switch, or go work at Wal-Mart?

diversify

Get your own website up and running..but in the mean time. Get a free ecrater site up and get it listed with the major search engines.

There's Overstock, Bidville, Blujay, Bidville and more.

If anyone signs up for Overstock..here's my referral code:
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/auctions.cgi?PAGE...51832&REFERRALCODE=2

Good Luck,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.