Skip to main content

This has been ongoing for far too many days/almost two weeks. (Actually it's an ongoing problem that's been years)

Every single customer that I've emailed that has this ISP is bouncing back with the below message. Those of you that have this ISP oughta complain to them and loudly. It is THE only ISP that I have major problems with.

I ALWAYS offer free gmail invites to them and most of the time I hear back with glowing remarks of how thankful they are to finally be able to receive email. They thought they were receiving it all..but they weren't.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Alright..I'm done with my rant for the morn!
Tah!
Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

***********@aol.com
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Peach:
Yup!! I just had that problem with a buyer. Did you try to contact them through eBay instead. That seems to work.

Here's what I do with the customer that uses "that certain" ISP. Whenever I send them an email..I always use contact member at the same time to get them the same information. That way they can KNOW I attempted.

Remember though that ALOT of folks don't know to check their messages with eBay unless they get a notice from eBay there's a message waiting. And think about it, if they don't have eBay on their allow email, then certain notices don't get to them.

I'm thankful for the huge amount of rollover minutes on my cell phone. I do have to pull contact information and give them a phone call..it smooths everything out most of the time.

And by gosh, if the email comes back with AOL as booted back for any reason other than a delay warning..

I DO report them to eBay for invalid contact information. It's their job to make sure that the email account that they have is set up to accept my emails.

Good Luck,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Haha, "this ISP"...

Yeah, they stink. But America loves them.

I just don't get it. There are plenty of great ISP's out there for half the price and lower.

The internet is the internet and to pay double and sometimes higher the price for a certain ISP...I just don't get it.

What's America got to love about that Online Service? <smile>

At least when people use other services they actually get to USE the internet and learn to USE the internet the way they want to and to USE decent browsers (not the built in half-arse browser that service uses)

Those advertisements about spam blockers and more? Whadda joke! I had to go over last year and clean up a neighbors computer. Covered with so many viruses and more it took me ages to get it cleaned up. And she was paying for the spam service they used to charge for...Insane!

I brought them over to my house, sat them in front of my computer and told them to go for it. They were scared half to death as they had never heard of using Firefox or Opera much less the E on the desktop for Internet Explorer. I spent a little bit with them and they went home and cancelled their account with that certain ISP and have never looked back. They now talk of all the money they through away over the years.

I just had another customer email me and they received 1 out of 3 emails I sent them. That service placed one of the others in their spam and didn't deliver the other one at all. CUUUUHHHRAZY!

Outta here!
It's movie time!
Donna
Yeah, it's crazy. It seemed their target audience used to be people who didn't know much about computers or the Internet but how many can there still be now?

They have a really creepy vibe to their commercials, too. I guess it's the same approach they always used but now -- instead of "user-friendly" being the selling point -- it's about how they protect you from viruses and other horrible dangers of the Internet. Blech.

And, of course, all ISPs advertise their amazing spam-blockers and such. It's all hogwash but I guess a lot of people still don't know any better.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.