Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dear Auctiva support! Whatever you do, please do not do it on Saturdays and Sundays!!!!! Scheduling your changes on the weekend shows that Auctiva simply do not understand the business they are in. Sundays are 50% of eBay business, Sundays and Saturdays together are probably 80% of eBay operations. Please keep this in mind!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Serguei:
Dear Auctiva support! Whatever you do, please do not do it on Saturdays and Sundays!!!!! Scheduling your changes on the weekend shows that Auctiva simply do not understand the business they are in. Sundays are 50% of eBay business, Sundays and Saturdays together are probably 80% of eBay operations. Please keep this in mind!!!!

I agree...it's hard to believe they would even think about doing this stuff on the weekend BEFORE CHRISTMAS....UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
Actually, if yor fairly savvy with HTML--it is possible to copy/paste from the code right into Turbolister. Or, c/p from an existing listing and paste it into the "design" portion of TL when creating (what I would recommend if you have no clue about HTML).

But, you would need to host images on another site and tag them in, or use eBays photo services.

I just went to one of my current auctions and viewed the source to re-create my template within TL.
I think everyone just needs to cool down a bit. I am sure they are working very hard in fixing it. I was using a paysite before and they had problems like this often. If you have a problem, please just state it. Whining about everything and anything (expecially for a service you pay nothing for) is un-American (or is it just the American way these days)?

Relax. It wil get fixed. Or go ahead and use a paysite. You will see. You will have the same problems from time to time. I can't immagine what you will do then once you pay money out of your pocket. I am afraid you will kill someone (for $10.00 month maybe).

Think something happy. It's good for your health.
quote:
Originally posted by dwangel:
I think everyone just needs to cool down a bit. I am sure they are working very hard in fixing it. I was using a paysite before and they had problems like this often. If you have a problem, please just state it. Whining about everything and anything (expecially for a service you pay nothing for) is un-American (or is it just the American way these days)?

Relax. It wil get fixed. Or go ahead and use a paysite. You will see. You will have the same problems from time to time. I can't immagine what you will do then once you pay money out of your pocket. I am afraid you will kill someone (for $10.00 month maybe).

Think something happy. It's good for your health.

Amen, dwangel
Kill someone for $10 a month? A tad overboard. People have a right to be frustrated. No matter how new, or how little you pay, you expect there to be some consistency. Well, it is, I suppose, if you count problem after problem.

Most of us work around schedule of family & time is precious. I do pay for a site & most of you pay for this too if you offer the insurance & other options offered. And believe me, every sale that doesn't happen because someone couldn't see the pics or you can't list for hours & then your schedule is messed up cutting into your families' pocket, you have paid for this site.

I love the ease of use, when it works. I hope it works better after all the upgrades. I won't cancel my other service anytime soon.

I do use another site that is very affordable ($13.95 per month), not SD, & it works very, very well. No problemos. I personally like the ease of use on this site. Once it is fixed, I hope to switch over. I would be happy to pay, if it gets fixed too.

Those of you unaffected by not being able to list, or don't rely on eBay as income, just extra funds, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the ones of us who feed our families off of our eBay business. Many of us look for the best easiest to use company, it doesn't matter about the price. I would pay good money for this site, if it should work.
quote:
Or go ahead and use a paysite. You will see.

The hosting service that I use is $8/month for 1 gig of storage. My website has not been down - for any period of time - once since I started it. So, no -- this isn't something that you just have to deal with, even with pay sites.

Auctiva's benefit (to me) is the listing service combined with image hosting, especially with free scheduled listing. For high volume listers, regular outages - yes, even with a free site - are not acceptable. I'd gladly pay a monthly service for Auctiva if I knew I could rely on it as much as I rely on my webhost.
they are upgrading and that will hopefully provide us a better service in the future so the compromise is acceptable--at least to me.

Even at my job sometimes we all have to log off, twiddle out thumbs while our servers get rebooted, fixed, upgraded, it happens. . .

I guess if i really find it to be a problem I will get a back up image host but that is about it.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.