Skip to main content

Somebody please help me. This morning I was able to use the AUCTIVA UPLOADER to upload my photos. Now, this evening when I tried to use the Auctiva uploader, I got an error message that I needed to install an Active X component. I couldn't find where to install the Active X component so I clicked on the troubleshooting link and it recommended that I download the new version of Internet Explorer, so I downloaded the new IE. It still didn't work and it told me again that I needed to install the ACTIVE X component so I clicked on the link to install the ACTIVE X control but nothing happened when I clicked the link. Could somebody tell me what is wrong? I want to use the Auctiva uploader again and not the html one. Thanks for any help.
Paulette
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would love to be able to use Auctiva uploader if for no other reason than to resize my photos.
I use Vista and IE 8. In the meantime, does anyone know why Picsa 3 does not include a simple resizing tool such as that available through FinePixViewer?
I have not been able to install Auctiva uploader for reasons beyond my ken.
I am having this same problem! Does anyone have the solution.

quote:
Somebody please help me. This morning I was able to use the AUCTIVA UPLOADER to upload my photos. Now, this evening when I tried to use the Auctiva uploader, I got an error message that I needed to install an Active X component. I couldn't find where to install the Active X component so I clicked on the troubleshooting link and it recommended that I download the new version of Internet Explorer, so I downloaded the new IE. It still didn't work and it told me again that I needed to install the ACTIVE X component so I clicked on the link to install the ACTIVE X control but nothing happened when I clicked the link. Could somebody tell me what is wrong? I want to use the Auctiva uploader again and not the html one. Thanks for any help.
Yes, same here, all of a sudden. Well, Auctiva designers have done something that is excluding some of us from uploading. Guess they are insensitive to the economy, computer upgrades cost money...we'll just do this and make it IMPOSSIBLE for some to upload photos, so THEY ARE DEAD IN THE WATER, Brian Williams would love their "contributions" to the hard-working society...about "LIVE" Response...that's DEAD response. Waited through a queue of three, told live chat is offline...waited through another queue, told live chat is offline. Posted help request, without looking at my platform, they told me to download Firefox 3, well, guess what I'm using Mac OS 10.3.9, with which Firefox 3 is not compatible. No smart forethought, no support. I wonder if those who are using Auctiva insurance and checkout were excluded??? Um...bet not! I'll go pay 6.95 a month at InkFrog.
quote:
Does anyone there have any ideas?

YES! Try the Mac Safari browser. I've tested the PC version of Safari 3.2.2, and it works perfect for upload. Safari also uses the Java version of the uploader. I just (prior to this post) ran my standard 32 image upload test without a problem. Didn't want to post the suggestion without retesting one more time.

In fact, I've been running successful tests of alot of the new pages with Safari, like the one-page lister. It's possible the recent updates added Safari support (whether by design or by default with the IE8 update).

BTW...I like the Safari browser. Fast and slick. Big Grin

Danno
Everybody thanks for all this help. I finally put in an SOS to support and they told me to disable something up in the information bar that was preventing me from installing the active X component. I think it was a windows thing blocking the installation. I did what they said and it fixed it. if you're still having problems, file a support ticket and they will hepp you! Smile
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie at the Community boards but have been on Ebay since August of 2008 and Auctiva since March of 2009. Just wanted to say Hi and also attempt to assist you with the Auctiv photo uploader problem.
I accessed Windows help after having this problem of not being able to use the Auctiva Uploader. It worked with Windows XP, but I am using Windows Vista now. The following are the instructions for Turning on Certain features in Windows:

Turn Windows features on or off (from Microsoft Help)

Some programs and features that are included with Windows, such as Internet Information Services, must be turned on before you can use them. Certain other features are turned on by default, but you can turn them off if you don’t use them.

In earlier versions of Windows, to turn a feature off you had to uninstall it completely from your computer. In this version of Windows, the features remain stored on your hard disk, so you can turn them back on if you want to. Turning off a feature does not uninstall the feature, and it does not reduce the amount of hard disk space used by Windows features.

Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To turn a Windows feature on, select the check box next to the feature. To turn a Windows feature off, clear the check box.

Click OK.

Make sure you see the Active X Installer Box and that it is checked. If you do not see the box, then I would suggest you try to Reset your Internet Settings. There's a program called Microsoft FixIt that you can access by clicking on Microsoft Help and searching for Microsoft FixIt or Reset my Internet Settings.

I hope this resolves your problems.

Blessings,
kmsrh
Danno- they are not from a camera. they are scans of 8 x 10 autographed photos-from an espon scanner 8400 or 9400. contacted epson & the only way to get the picture size down is to use a 56 dpi resolution & that give us a very fuzzy picture. Because of what we sell they have to be clear. We didnt have this problem until 2 weeks ago it started to happen- still have the same computers & scanners we have had for at least 6 months.

Resonse from Auctiva: In the original support request we told them the were scans of photos which they ignored!!!
" Hello,

Our image uploaders will resize all images larger than 1MB. We also restrict the dimension size to 1024x768 and convert images to JPG format after the upload process. Because of this, it is possible that even if your image was smaller than 1MB, it could end up with an even smaller file size once it’s in on our servers.

I would recommend retaking your pictures and change the size setting on your camera to 1024x76 or below. The resolution if it is a digital camera should adjust to create a better image focus.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

Any in put would be greatly appreciated- since we also sell thru giving works for Autism.

Thank you!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.