Skip to main content

Oh please don't turn into ebay and make changes just for change sake! No warning and not necessary!
Has anyone else seen the new look when you click to supersize your pics? Extra steps..extra clicks...panel on the left to navigate..ugh.
When ppl click to supersize they just want the LARGE pic as soon as possible...they don't want to have to go thru extra work to see it. Heck, they don't even want to read the description, they certainly DON'T want to use extra clicks just to supersize...don't like it AT ALL!! It's really probably maybe not that big a deal, but I'm just so tired of needless changes...
Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this?? What do you think?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The only reason I was using auctiva is because of the easy pic uploads and simple high quality big pics. Time to look elsewhere. Widget picture boxes/flash crap is not compatible with as many peoples browsers and it requires more clicks. Plus I am already paying monthly for this service, now my enlarged picture page is just an auctiva advertisement page.
Absolutely right Ryan..here's the response I got from my support ticket, looks like I'll have to make a decision Frown

""Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. I would like to inform you that we have improved our Super Size Images and it is currently this is on testing phase and is available only to few users at first.

We have redesign the page so that your images will be presented to your buyers in a much more attractive and appealing interface.

In this new design, the image size defaults to the size of the screen even if it is of the maximum size of 1280 x 1024 pixels. Then the buyer has the option of zooming in to get more detail or clicking to view full size and scrolling. It includes thumbnails of all your images for the listing it is associated with, and a link to view the rest of your items.

I hope you find this response to be helpful. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!""

So apparently some of us are being used to test this Inkfrog copycat. I asked if I could at least have an option, or if I could opt out of testing, but I haven't heard back yet...GRRR Mad

They say 'only available to a few users at first' as if it's a good thing (NOT). I mean, really, this is the kind of setup all the other listing services have, which is why I never wanted to use them. Auctiva used to stand out but if they go this way they'll be like all the rest. Very dissapointing!
I agree with the previous posters. For me, it all boils down to respect for your customers. I pay for this service. I create the auctions. Ultimately, it is my business, not yours.

I am writing to support today with the following message:

Do NOT implement these kind of changes without FIRST notifying us. SECOND, it is both respectful and default procedure to provide us with an opt-out option. THIRD, I do not like the new 'Super Size' image features, and I do not like the much larger Auctiva advertising clogging up my auctions.

When will these clowns learn?
Well...I wrote to support and here ya go. Below find Auctiva's official response to my request to have my image hosting restored to the previous method.

What arrogance.

I am now looking to other sites for auction listing as I will not permit any company to implement such features without my consent.

Support transcript: Posted Wednesday, 11/17/2010 7:24 AM
While listing my recent auctions, I discovered the new Super Size image hosting feature was applied to my photos without any notification or opt out feature.

I'm very upset that you implemented this without the courtesy and decency of not only asking me but providing me with the choice of opting out.

Would someone in support share with me the logic used in implementing a crucial auction component without taking the time to consult the customer?

Second, I respectfully request an immediate return to the default image hosting for my auctions.

Thank you.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedi...ats=0,0,0,0&format=0

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center
Browser: Firefox 3.x

Involved eBayItemNumbers: 110612898061
Adam
Support
Posted Wednesday, 11/17/2010 7:28 AM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. I would like to inform you that we have improved our Super Size Images and it would appear like this style on all the users account.

We have redesign the page so that your images will be presented to your buyers in a much more attractive and appealing interface.

In this new design, the image size defaults to the size of the screen even if it is of the maximum size of 1280 x 1024 pixels. Then the buyer has the option of zooming in to get more detail or clicking to view full size and scrolling. It includes thumbnails of all your images for the listing it is associated with, and a link to view the rest of your items.

I have also forwarded your feedback to our development team.

I hope you find this response to be helpful. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support.
mcfiver@cox.net
Customer
Posted Wednesday, 11/17/2010 7:44 AM
Your mechanical response does not address my issue. I am requesting an immediate reversion of all my images to the default image hosting method.
Adam
Support
Posted Wednesday, 11/17/2010 7:46 AM
Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this concern.

I am sorry to say but, we cannot do this.

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue may have caused. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
Yes...here's the latest (and presumably final) response I got:

Posted Tuesday, 11/16/2010 5:03 PM
Hello,

""Unfortunately this is actually the new design for the supersize image page, and is being implemented in all of our users accounts. However, I will forward your comments to our Engineers regarding the new design of the supersize image page for consideration on changing it back to the previous display.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support ""

I believe ryanryan (up above a few posts) is absolutely right:

*The real reason they changed it is to save themselves bandwidth and to have additional advertising.***

SIGH...most of the time it won't even load...sitting here waiting & waiting..yeah buyers are gonna love it Frown
Hi Community,

Thank you all very much for your feedback with respect to this change. Based on feedback of this nature we have received from a number of customers, we have decided to add an account preference that sellers will be able to enable to change the supersized view back to the previous version.

We have just started to work on implementing this change and will have it added to the site as soon as we can, possibly as early as the end of this week.

This will allow those of you who prefer the old version of the supersized image page to go back to using that one and for those who prefer the new version of the page to continue to use it.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Excellent work Mike implementing the change options asap. Some people hate change. Personally I think it looks great and think it is a great bonus to the image hosting.

With the old system the pictures enlarged so big I had to scroll up to get to the numbers to go to the next picture.

This looks to be well done and zoom just makes it better.

Agreed with poster that people dont want to read the listing or take the extra time to look at the pictures. Personally those people dont need to bid on my auctions. Those are the ones you have problems with
I don't mind having to now click open another picture session, however what I do like like is the overall appearance. Example: My entire left hand border area is all about Auctiva stuff. Take that off and just let the picture zoom out 100% of my screen would be more to my liking.
My customers and many out there, do not like to have to read instructions on how to view my pictures. Took me 10 minutes to find the "Full Screen" Message once I clicked over to that page. What you had before was A-okay with me. Can't wait now to see where I can go back to the old way of viewing my pictures.
Sure I directed people that buy from me often to come look and get there thoughts on it. All stated this was much better.

Why? Becuase if they thought it wasnt better then I would have gone back to the old style.

If you took the time to use the magnifying glass correctly it would not be blurry.

You must be part of the Only complain about Auctiva department from your post. No need for me to complain as you all have it well covered in every catergory.
Once again, the issue here is NOT about the new feature. It's about how Auctiva implemented it without any input from us sellers and without the opt-out option.

With that said, new features are fine and welcome...but this one isn't particularly an improvement, unless you're a fan of Auctiva spam. I mean, come on, a full third of the image page is advertising not related to my auction. Since I'm paying for image hosting, I find that unacceptable.

I'm with ryanryan. The new image interface is clumsy and unnecessarily complicated for something as simple as enlarging a photo.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.