Skip to main content

I see listings on ebay that say they accept payment from Money Movers by Auctiva but I can't find anything out about Money Movers.

With ebays new NO CASH solitication rule and BidPay closing up
I am looking for alternative payment methods for international paymetns.

Anyone know how Money Movers works or where I can find it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by BTPS:
I see listings on ebay that say they accept payment from Money Movers by Auctiva but I can't find anything out about Money Movers.

With ebays new NO CASH solitication rule and BidPay closing up
I am looking for alternative payment methods for international paymetns.

Anyone know how Money Movers works or where I can find it?

Have you tried StormPay or PPPay.com
http://www.stormpay.com/
https://www.pppay.com/index.php
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
MoneyMover.com is no longer in operation. We closed it down after a little more than a year of service in October 2003.

There was just too much fraud involved. It essentially worked the same was as BidPay but with several nice extra features for buyers.

You got to be kidding. You have any idea how many sellers on ebay have a little box that says MY BOX payment accepted by Money Mover from Auctiva in all their ads. lol!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
MoneyMover.com is no longer in operation. We closed it down after a little more than a year of service in October 2003.

There was just too much fraud involved. It essentially worked the same was as BidPay but with several nice extra features for buyers.

You got to be kidding. You have any idea how many sellers on ebay have a little box that says MY BOX payment accepted by Money Mover from Auctiva in all their ads. lol!

Morning,

I contacted seller of one of the auctions and he got back with me.

The Auctiva Money Mover Box is in his template and never removed it.

I would safely assume that they haven't had anybody try to pay by hitting the box or they would've known to update their template and take the Money Mover Box out, right?

Sorry to butt in, just wanted an answer because we all know what kinda stink can be made over a seller forgetting to take an item out of his template then everyone will assume that it's Auctiva's fault.

Very nice Seller..and was kind enough to answer me promptly. This particular seller has his ads in his store and has them on 90 day auctions.

All but one of the auctions I noted were in stores and I'm sure those are on long term auction days length. Possibly auto-renewal, too, wouldn't you think?

Easy as pie to figure out!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy:

Have you tried StormPay or PPPay.com
http://www.stormpay.com/
https://www.pppay.com/index.php

EBAY forbids the use of StormPay as they do CASH. In the announcement of no cash STORMPAY is listed as a NO NO!

When did they announce no cash? I see listings with stormpay or they say they accept cash.

I don't remember a date on the no cash..but I buuuuhlieve it was around 3 or 4 months ago.

Big stink surrounding this. Taking yet another option away from sellers as to how they would like to handle their own business.

Happy New Year,
Donna
The notice I saw from eBay regarding cash and certain other types of payments being forbidden was from a couple of months ago but said existing sellers who had those types of payments in their ads would not be penalized until Jan 15 2006, so that they had time to remove the "offensive" payment provisions from existing ads. Penalties are cancellation of ads, no refund of fees for cancelled ads, possible suspension from selling and, I guess if they do it often enough, NARU.
Okay, here's my question . . .

eBay does allow the sale of "adult" items but you can NOT accept Paypal for these items. So I'm thinking unless you have your own merchant account you are screwed?

No paypal, no cash, bidpay is gone and stormpay is no longer allowed - what's left?

I highly doubt the peeps wanting a "toy" are gunna be going out to get a money order to pay for it.

Any thoughts?
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
Okay, here's my question . . .

eBay does allow the sale of "adult" items but you can NOT accept Paypal for these items. So I'm thinking unless you have your own merchant account you are screwed?

No paypal, no cash, bidpay is gone and stormpay is no longer allowed - what's left?

I highly doubt the peeps wanting a "toy" are gunna be going out to get a money order to pay for it.

Any thoughts?

I have a line on a merchant account..gimme a day or two to get with my source for the info..ok? I've been trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge. It's working well for this person for both her eBay and ecrater. I'm selling from both so I'm considering.

Peace,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.