Skip to main content

Why won't paypal let me send an instant transfer or let me use my cc? It's always an e-check and pushes my purchases back by a week. I don't see anything on paypal to change this. It's getting frustrating.

*edit* Problem resolved. Not sure what the deal was but it now lets me choose which I want to use.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As long as you have a CC on file with PP that is not expired, you can change your payment method in your preferences:

Click on Profile > Financial Information > Pay List >Set available funding source

You can also change each transaction's funding source seperately, next time you go to pay for something, there is a link near the bottom of your PP page that says 'change funding source' and you can change it there.

I think it's only paying how you 'told' it to pay, if you know what I mean. But you can change it to any funding source you have on file with them.
Last edited by member8880
When I click on pay list, I get: (Setting up merchant relationships allows you to use PayPal for future payments made to these merchants. Currently, you have not set up any merchant relationships.) And my cc is not expired either. When I sent my last payment, e-check was the only option it would let me choose. I've not used paypal in a few years so I'm trying to get the hang of all of it again. But back then I sent instant transfers many of times. But now it won't allow me to do so. And paypal support is really not an option. They will just say something dumb like that's just the way it is. They are a joke anyway.
It sounds like they haven't kept any other options on file for you, since you havent used the service in a few years. You'll probably have to add a new credit card (but never delete anything old, that just seems to open up a new can of worms) I believeCredit Cards are also under the Financial header, click and see what (if any) CC you have on file, I don't think they'll let you use an old one.

Are you using the same ebay ID with the same contact information? I would try calling paypal, the couple of times I had to call them they were pretty helpful (unlike emailing them)

1-888-221-1161 (Toll Free for Business/Premier)
1-888-204-4481 (Toll Free for Business/Premier)
1-402-935-7733 (Personal Accounts)
1-402-935-2050 (Personal Accounts)
Last edited by member8880

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.