Skip to main content

I can't upload any pictures regardless of size. When I checked my Image Management it shows I have no pictures stored. It states that I have 0 of MB of 0 of MB used, when in fact I know there should be some usage because I have 100's of pictures stored. I know for a fact that everyday there is nothing but complaints and problems with Auctiva, so I always check the community boards first so that I don't waste my time or frustrate myself for nothing. I am only dealng with this piece of junk until I find something new to learn and and less stressful. I would hate to take the chance on Auctiva working properly during the busy holiday season. Auctiva is too outdated and not up to date with its technology. Every time they try something new it backfires and they blame it on someone else. But sellers lose money on their listings while waiting for answers. Too many times I have had to leave my listing as is, because I was unable to make the simple edit changes. I also hate the fact that I CAN'T DRAG & DROP pictures to rearrange them. Instead I have to delete them all out and start from scratch over and over again (too way outdated). I know I am not the only one having this problem, so I am sick and tired of spending hours and wasting time to load pictures one by one, because of Auctiva's uploader not working and now I'm stuck with just BASIC UPLOADER. I have also tried all of Auctiva's support suggestions and they have not yet come up with the solution for me or others who are having the same problem for some length of time now, and I have tried all of the downloads and updates with no better results - so I gave up. I still run into some sort of problem or other whether I use IE, Java, Mozilla or Firefox. It's gotten to the point that I prefer to read the community boards first to see what the new problems & complaints are, so that I don't waste my time or frustrate myself.

Well its the weekend and I can't put up any new listings, so I wonder how long will it take for Auctiva support to respond and fix this problem and get things moving to work.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi JazzyGil99,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading your images. Although some users reported encountering difficulties using the new Auctiva Uploader we introduced recently, I am not aware of any issues on our side of things (or with the uploader) that would prevent you from being able to use it successfully.

However, I have seen one other instance in which the Image Management page incorrectly indicated that 0 MB of images were stored in the account and, in that case, the incorrect message went away when we reloaded the page using the “Refresh” button on the browser. Our technical team is looking into that specific issue, but we are not quite sure what could be causing that yet.

In any event, I was unable to find your support case based on any information available to me through this thread, but I believe we will be able to help you get the new uploader working through some additional troubleshooting if you continue to work with us through that case.

Also, we have made the previous version of the Auctiva Uploader available at http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx so you should still be able to access it as a workaround by logging into your account and entering that URL in the Address field of your browser.

Although accessing the previous version of the uploader in this manner will not allow you to use it when uploading from the lister page, it should allow you to upload images into your account from outside the listing process such that they can then be selected from your uploaded images when creating your listings.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Hi weRpennst8,

I'm pleased to hear that worked for you, but I am uncertain unable to use the new version of the Auctiva Uploader through Internet Explorer at the moment.

If you are unable to see the uploading interface when you visit the Auctiva Uploader page through Internet Explorer, it is most likely that you have not installed the Active X control that is required for the new version of the uploader.

Provided that is the case, you may see a prompt along the bottom of the Auctiva Uploder page that says something to the effect of “Internet Explorer has blocked this website from installing an Active X control” and you should be able to click “Install” to continue with the process.

Once the Active X component has been installed, the uploader interface should load and you should be able to upload your images successfully using that browser.

If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Hi

The uploader mess finally affected me. I happened to see a Red Error message that disappeared I captured it and have submitted a detailed support request

I played around and below is something that worked for me as a work around for now.

When the Uploader screen opens make it full screen before you do anything else
Next pick your pictures as you always have
Lastly press Upload and hope

It worked 3 times in a row for me that way. Please note you can’t have tried an upload with the default screen that pops up and than make the screen full-screen as that will cause the same red message to appear.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.