Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Please FIX
Yeah, the site is jacked up. I thought maybe auctiva was going pay only becaue when i try to up load image via the java bulk image loader I get a message that says "This version is only for evaluation. This message will not exist in the retail version." And none of my images load. And I've been getting random sever errors all day. Sometimes I'll reload only to get another error later.
I logged an issue and customer service said there were temporay server issues and I should try accessing auctiva via another url. I didn't get the page load errors but my images still didn't upload via the java bulk image loader. Seems to me that if there are these kinds of issues, the 1st thing they should do is post on the start page that they are having issues, ETCs, work around, etc. That way we know not to waste our time trying. The good news is that customer service repsponded in a matter of minutes.
Some of the major problems these days is the fact that people are seemingly getting impatient with things that do break as if they should work all the time. With all the stuff going on in the world, it won't be long that a lot more stuff stops working. Today the alaska oil pipe line is not working, so gas is going to be over 3.00 for everyone america wide. All these events are beginning to create erratic behavior, anger, definite rudeness and impatience. Not that this is unusual in the face of all the stress most people are facing because of indebtness, the I'm going to be first generation or I am first no matter what generation. It takes some real character developement to cope with the troubles that are besetting all of us on a daily basis now.

The free auctiva service has been working fine for me since I got here. Thanks auctiva for the genuinely sophisticated, unique and free service you offer.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
It's always tougher on Sunday because of the amount of traffic at both Auctiva and eBay, which slows down both sites. The best thing to do is schedule your Sunday auctions a day or more before.

My problem with this is that Sunday is my day to create and load listings. I asked if the issue was that is was the busy day, Sunday. The response I got is something like, "We do our level best to work all the time." That's fine and since I'm not paying for this service, I have no real gripe. But it seems I'lll have to look for another method to create my posting and post on Sunday. For what it's worth, I'm still getting the errors tday.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.