Skip to main content

I try to let global changes roll off my back, but this latest one is just plain bad AND annoying AND it is costing me time.

Here's how I list: after I launch a listing, I select "create a similar listing" and then I just write over it. I only work in one template, so this has been very convenient for me to do.

Now, though, when I remove all the images and add in the ones for the listing, instead of image one automatically loading into the gallery area, I get a pop up screen that tells me that I have enabled Optional Gallery (I haven't. I have disabled it a billion times but it just keeps coming back.), so I have to disable it AND then pick the image to use for gallery, which creates yet another pop up screen.

This is silly,guys. If people think it's a great feature, fine, then let them enable it. But don't make me add steps to undo something I don't even want done.

I've checked my master template: it's unchecked.

I use a previous listing in which it WAS unchecked, but it just checks itself again.

I've sent a help request in, but I want to post here, too, because I'm betting others are frustrated with this decision that we MUST want an optional feature.

Thank you.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the feedback and outlining your use case, its really does help us understand all the different ways people are using Auctiva.

For reference, we implemented the default enabling of the optional eBay gallery images for a number of reasons:

• It was a highly requested enhancement by our users.
  • The optional eBay gallery is free and has been for a while.
  • The free optional eBay gallery ensures your images are displayed on all platforms including mobile (users browsing eBay with an iPad, etc. which when reviewing consumer session data is approximately 40% of buyer traffic) and the eBay mobile app, where other images and descriptions do not show up on the main page and require multiple clicks to navigate and view. This is the most important benefit, buyers will see up to 12 of your items images on the items landing page for free.
  • Having multiple free gallery images positively affects eBay search results for your item and allows buyers (specifically on mobile platforms) the ability to more easily view/assess the item you are selling and can decrease the possibility of buyer dissatisfaction, which ultimately helps seller performance standards.

With that said, I think i understand the concern and as we continue to enhance our tools, we are making every attempt to make the management of your e-commerce business and specifically eBay listing easier for our users.

For your current case in the mean time, I believe your process could be streamlined if you uncheck the "Enable Optional eBay Gallery Images" first, then click the "Remove All Images" link in the Auctiva Image Selection section. That way you see no pop-ups.

If you have a specific listing where this occurs, please feel free to post that listing id and we can validate I'm really understanding the use case correctly.

Thanks again for your continued feedback, as we are more focused then ever to try to make selling on eBay easier and more profitable for Auctiva users.
Last edited by auctivagreg
Thanks, Greg -- I will come up with a work-around.

It just kind of makes me grind my teeth when an "optional" feature isn't optional. I don't get why, when I disable it in my master template, it has been programmed to keep coming back on anyway.

I understand why this new gallery feature has value. I received a nice e-mail back from support to that enumerates about 10 reasons I should like the feature.

What I DON'T like is how it overwrites what I want to do. That, to me, isn't right.

Again, thanks.
Hello webuyit2,

I’m happy to announce that today we released the Optional eBay Gallery Image account preference setting. Now you get to choose whether or not this feature is enabled or disabled for new listings.

By default this setting is disabled but if you would like to change that, you can do so on the Account Preference page.

Sincerely,
Natasha

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.