Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I too am having the runtime server error problems expressed by others today. What is causing this problem?? I am not a huge seller but I would like to get a couple listings up today if that is possible. Even though this is frustrating for all, I am still very thankful for Auctiva and the free service they provide for eBay sellers. When things are running smoothly, it is an absolutely awesome tool for me. Keep up the good work!! I hope you can fix the problem soon.
quote:
Originally posted by k-lyna:
I, like everyone else can't do ANYTHING. I can't see profiles, my account, listings, etc. Not good advertisement for a new user.

Me too, k-lyna. I'm new within the last 3 days or so. Somehow, I was able to sign up, but as soon as I did, I started getting these errors. The next day, I actually was able to post a listing, and I loved it! But I wanted to post a bunch of listings this afternoon, but I'm having no luck at all.

I'll wait a little longer, then I guess I'll just go post them using eBay's forms.
Why is Auctiva Jeff's response to the problem to give us a link to another topic that still has no answer from Auctiva just more problems? Is CEO Jeff just another user name? I'm new! Maybe I have to learn that we get no answers on the boards. How do I notify Auctiva of my problem. I am sure they do not know about it yet or we would have a notice that things will be fixed _______ time. Could it be the servers are overloaded? What! What!
kayshah63 - it does help to know it's the system and not you, but that doesn't help your business. A run time error can mean that you don't have enough memory to run the program - BUT I have a new machine with 2 gigs of RAM so the ISN'T the problem.

I suspect that Auctiva doesn't have the capacity on the servers to handle the Sunday traffic. A lot of people believe that Sunday evening is the best time to list stuff. Preparing your listings earlier in the week and waiting to post on Sunday may help, but I would like to know if everyones stuff is GETTING listed on e-bay at the scheduled times. Check that out tonight if you managed to get some listings done. I spent nine hours to get 11 listing so far (not yet posted). It should have been forty or fifty!

The frustration is mostly lack of communication. If Auctiva tells people that they have a problem then it is so much easier to say I understand and thanks for telling me. I'll wait it out. But when you know that the CEO does know there is a problem and only points to these boards for your solution WHOOOOAH THAT is realy a face tightening "we don't care" attitude. Auctiva has a paid listing program and I don't think anyone is interested in PAYING for these same problems. Check the premium board topics and it looks as if they have the same problems. I MAY BE WRONG BUT I THINK THIS STINKS! (song title?) (Name for a rock band?) Stay tuned if I can't list I might as well philoshiphichize.
I was in the middle of doing a listing when this all started. I keep trying to save my listing but it keeps giving me an error saying my connection was lost or reset. I'm quite thankful for the browser back button. I still have the listing but I'm waiting to lose that too.

I really love Auctiva...it's great when it works. I would be willing to pay a monthly fee to have the program work correctly. I think most of use would. Better to be out a few bucks a month to have a great listing and image hosting system than too lose time and money because you can't list anything at all.
This is CRAZY!!!!! I have been trying to post my listings all day long. Auctiva is great with it works correctly, but it is HORRIBLE when it is broken. The company does a poor job at letting the customer know there are problems and a TERRIBLE job at giving a potential fix time (actually they usually just ignore the question of a potential fix time). Another weekend of posting destroyed due to Auctiva's problems. Auctiva you really have to get it together! Mad
This entire situation is absolutely frustrating. At this point all I want is some communication. Even if the statement is 'it won't be working for a week' would be okay as long as someone told us. (jut my opinon of course)

I work a 9 to 5 weekdays (as I'm sure many of us do) so the weekends are all I have to list. When I come home during the week, there's dinner, spending time with the family, laundry, regular life to deal with. It's bad enough my poor 4 year old has to endure a day of boredom so I can list...but when she has to do it and I'm losing time, money AND listings...ARGH!!
Like EVERY Sunday.. This is when it is the BEST or WORSE of all things..

I have down time on Sundays to do my listins and then this is what USUALLY happens..

You cant blame Auctiva..its the WORD OF MOUTH that has made this site soooo popular.

You cant beat the Price and the PICTURES are the best online.!!!

Now if we can get people to CLEAR the OLD PHOTOS from the past auctions this might FREE up some much needed bandwith.. ya think??

Try again.. it will be working soon..!! Smile
u505, removing old pictures is a fantastic idea. So great that when the site comes up, guess what I'm doing first. Big Grin

I do love Auctiva. I really like the ease of use, the templates, can't beat the picture service at all. I've managed to sell some stuff for a higher amount due to the enlarged pictures.

My biggest complaint is the lack of communication. I've experienced it when filing a support request as well.
I've been having the same problems off and on for the better part of the week. The problems seem to be worse at what are the popular listing times, evenings and weekends. It would be nice if someone could inform the community of what the problem is and when it is likely to be resolved. It is getting frustrating.

I clean out my old images religiously, who wants to wade through them all when listing? I can't believe that is the problem. I think their servers must be overwhelmed.
Working on listings and have them go erase when saving is getting real old! Filing a support case, is equally pointless, since the same thing happens? COME ON AUCTIVA, STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME AND RESOURCES!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM (WHICH OBVIOUSLY YOU DO) PLEASE STATE THE PROBLEM AND ESTIMATED FIX TIME! I DON'T APPRECATE AN ENTIRE DAY OF WORK AND SUBSEQUENT WEEK OF NO AUCTIONS!!!
Tonight? good luck on that... most people have lost their hard work all weekend. I doubt very seriously anyone is trying to finally fix the problem on a sunday night, especially since all the prime listing time has just about passed. Problems happen, but being professional is how you handle them, or at least keep your customers in the loop!
Mattroy that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't care how long it's going to take to fix...5 mintues or 5 days...just would appreciate it if somebody who kindly and professionally keep us in the loop of the problem and estimated fixing time. Auctiva has awesome listing and image hosting, but as with any type of business, if you don't have decent customer service your product becomes worthless.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.