Skip to main content

Well this is my morning to create listings, I always try to avoid thursday night. Why the heck was my listing lost, and Acutiva frozen out on thursday morning. I stopped using auctive a couple months ago due to continued problems, I tried again only to find more problems, anyone else seeing this message about down for maintenance? Mad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My time is limited, as is my money. You picked a heck of a time to shut down. Can't this be done in the middle of the night? And, couldn't you have given us more notification? Ever hear of email? I can't believe you didn't think this through more carefully. As state by wimom, this is the final week of ebay's free listing offer. YOUR ARE COSTING US MONEY!
quote:

Originally posted by Auctiva Cara

Posted September 25, 2007 02:26 PM
Hello Community -

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday 9/26) we will be bringing the site down to release new features!

The site will be down starting at 6:00am PDT (GMT -7) and is scheduled to be back by 8:30am (GMT -7) PDT.

Make sure to save your work prior to 6:00am PDT (GMT -7).

We will let you know if anything changes with this schedule, and we will post a list of the new features once they are live.

Thanks!
Cara

Hello people does anyone read the posts before getting on here to complain?
Sure it is inconvenient but the new features will make up for it.
Auctiva has been promising new features for months and now when they are delivering everyone wants to be upset.
It does not matter what time they do this it will inconvenience someone somewhere.

ARVCJESS: The time quoted of been back is 8:30 AM Pacific Daylight. I am on the East Coast so the time back will be 11:30 A.M.
As for being peak listing hours right now, personally I like my auctions to end after 7:30 PM E.D.T.. I feel the audience is far bigger then depending on my product.
So sit back relax and enjoy the day people,
Maybe think about some other new features to suggest to Auctiva.
I for one would like to see support for Ebay Giving Works charitable auctions

I also feel Auctiva staff deserves a big thank you for delivering new features and hope to see many more new features soon. Cool
Steve
As other have pointed out; you need to refer to the TIME ZONE that's listed in the official messages.

And people, keep in mind that before you complain, this has been a FREE service that is saving us a BUNCH of money on photo hosting, not to mention other services.

Here are some ideas for what you can do while you're waiting for Auctiva to get back up:

--Take photos of your items for sale and write up super short descriptions on a note card or sticky note and put on each item. That way once it's up again, it will be that much faster to get your listings up.

--Spend some time on Ebay researching during which days and at what times similar items such as yours have been selling for the highest price. I've been able to maximize my profits by spending 15 minutes a day doing some "smart searching" on eBay and comparing what does and DOES NOT work for other sellers. You don't necessarily have to buy one of ebay's researching packages -- just run searches on completed items, sort by highest price first, then look at individual SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED items (i.e. the ones that SOLD; in GREEN BOLD PRINT). Click on "bid summary" on the individual listing page to see how many bids the item got, what day and time it ended, what the starting price was, etc. You can also see which categories did the best for similar items such as yours. This can be time consuming -- but if you have the time, can be WELL worth it.

--You could always balance your checkbook!
--For those of you working from home - - there's ALWAYS housework!
--Follow up on or reply to customer feedback.
--prepackage items for shipping
--reorder shipping supplies that you're short on from the Post Office
--TAKE A NAP
--Walk around and annoy your employees (if you have them) by asking, "How come everybody's just sitting there doing NOTHING?"
--If you have kids, read them a book and watch Nick Jr. with them for awhile.
--Have a cup of coffee and a donut
--Sort through your customer invoices and create a database/mailing list of return customers' email addresses; that way when you have a sale you can send them an email and hopefully draw more traffic to your items
--go to www.pogo.com and play some free games
--go to www.youtube.com and watch some stupid movies that people with WAY too much free time have posted
--check your stocks (if you have them) and post buy/sell orders
--check and answer emails
--call your significant other (if you have one; if you don't, call you Mom he he)for no reason at all except to say "I had 5 minutes free and wanted to let you know I was thinking about you & I love you"
--weigh your shipping boxes, envelopes, and packing materials EMPTY; write the weight of one of each kind on the OUTSIDE of it. That way when you figure your shipping costs, you don't have to package each item. You can just weigh the item itself, look to see what sort of packing will be required, and add the listed weight from the outside of the package.
--Clean off your desk and file away anything that you haven't used in the last 2 weeks; DEAL WITH everything you were SUPPOSED TO DO YESTERDAY
--Run a complete virus scan & security update on your computer
--BACK UP your computer data on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
--update your Return Policy, Payment Details, and FAQ (frequently asked questions) on EBAY itself (under Seller Tools or Marketing, I believe)
--If you don't already have one, create an "About Me" page for your Ebay account; if you already have one, check it and UPDATE it

And see, by the time you finished reading THIS, Auctiva's probably almost up already.

TTFN
I had a lie down.

It would be better if we had an email to let us know as many dont even know about these message boards,or how to use them, being new to all this. So how many minutes before they set back up ? Sorry its just im in UK and its took me a while to work out time difference , i just take away 7 hours is that right??
This timing is TERRIBLE! I took the day off my day job today (no work = no pay!), to get a bunch of listings prepared and scheduled for kick off tonight.

I appreciate the new features and that Auctiva keeps improving their features (free!), but the timing cannot be any worse.

I can now upload images but I cannot put them into a listing, nor can I delete the images from the old listing (I just keep updating my last similar listing, to show the new info for the new item)

Very frustrating. So not only has it cost me a day's worth of productive ebay listings time, it cost me a day off my day job too. If they had notified us a few days earlier, I would have timed my day off differently - like yesterday instead of today.
Can't get images to load using Firefox, altho works in IE. Also ... scheduling is working intermittently. AND when it doesn't work & you hit the back button, all your info is gone - have to enter it all again Frown I am a former programmer so I sympathize with upgrades, but it would have been nice if this was done after the ebay sale... so much to list!
quote:
Originally posted by migrant:
Well this is my morning to create listings, I always try to avoid thursday night. Why the heck was my listing lost, and Acutiva frozen out on thursday morning. I stopped using auctive a couple months ago due to continued problems, I tried again only to find more problems, anyone else seeing this message about down for maintenance? Mad
hi, i have also have been having trouble with site not responding and freezing-thought perhaps its to do do with my windows vista...shemmy...UK Mad
Andrea, my point exactly! WHY aren't these upgrades done at a time when less people are jammed on the site trying to list? Why do you continue to do these upgrades at peak listing times??? How about late at night or very early in the AM? And do you even check what's going on with Ebay at the time? Why would you choose the last 5 days of a reduced fee promotion to do this? This is just terrible and no wonder there are so many upset people.
I agree! This is a ridiculous time to mess around with restructuring, at the end of Ebay's sale. It's almost 2 pm and it's taking 10 minutes to open a window only to find that my listings are disappearing. GET IT FIXED AUCTIVA!!! We're losing money every minute you can't figure things out. Why not do this at 1 am, or 3, instead of mid morning?
Hi Community,

Thanks for everyone's help in bringing these issues to our attention. Our engineering department is aware of the errors that are being encountered on the Auctiva website at present, as well as some posting problems, and is working to correct them as soon as possible.

I cannot provide an ETA for when things will return to normal at present, however, as more information becomes available, we will be posting further updates on the following thread of our community forum: https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7486099...251097842#7251097842

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.