Skip to main content

We filed a support case for ours being slow & this was the response that we received.

Posted Thursday, 12/2/2010 8:14 AM

Thank you for contacting customer support.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

We are not receiving reports of this nature that indicate we are having a widespread issue.

There may be an internet security product or other process running on your machine that is conflicting with the Auctiva software.

The following is a list of applications that in our experience are known to interfere with some portions of our website. This is by no means a complete list, as new software is springing up daily.

AVG
Norton
McAfee
PcCillin
CA soft
BitDefender
Kaspersky
Symantec
Spybot
Wingard Pro
AOL software
Urlsearchhook
FunWebProducts
Zango
Alexa
Ask.com
urlsearchhook
Stumbleupon
GhostSurf

If you have these applications, or anything else you can pick out as a popup blocker, internet security software, or spyware installed on your system, please make sure that http://www.auctiva.com is entered into the list of allowed sites for this software. If you are not sure how to do this, please refer to that software’s documentation, or the manufacturer’s website. The only exceptions on this list are the last 6 items. These must either be shut down, or disabled.

Also keep an eye out for software running from internet service providers such as Comcast, Netzero, Earthlink, Cox, Aol, Yahoo, Msn, Coppernet, etc. Often times their software will install a custom internet browser which can conflict with our website. If this is the case, please use the standard Internet Explorer or Mozilla’s Firefox with Auctiva.

Finally anything with the word “toolbar” in it (other than google) can cause issues with our website. In most cases you can simply disable them, however sometimes that option is unavailable. If this is the case please end the program, and try again.

I hope you find this response to be helpful. If there is anything further we can do to assist you, please let us know!

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

They didnt really address the issue.
Im on here all the time and its never what I call slow. Obviously if everyone was having this issue it would be more than just a few saying it all the time.

I run IE8 which everyone else says is a nightmare and mine works fine. However I run without add-ons.

Add-ons can and will slow you down. Try it without add-ons and see if helps.
Countryblue1027. . you got what I HATE a canned answer.

I got one the other day on something else, that I have been so mad I have not even forumed on. The one I got appeared to be coming from someone in another country and never really answered question I don't think. I think they did not know answer so just winged it. Actually, I felt like a dog chasing my tail and gave it up on it.

Responses like this remind me of Ebay responses and many others that the reps really want to help but are not trained to do so.

My slowness comes and goes, I have done the new computer number too, the new router about a year ago and still have some problems. I have even disabled the virus protection at times and to be honest at my mothers on her laptop went without protection at all and was about same sporatic.

ARGGGG!!

Vickie
http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
just sent support another message. I was timing the listing just to save = 55 sec., 30 sec. to send message to support.
STILL HAPPENING! timed it tonight- takes 55 seconds to save a basic listing nothing complicated.
"Customer
Posted Thursday, 12/2/2010 8:13 AM
website times us out when trying to upload photos & creating the listing. Tried on couple of computers vista & windows 7; chrome & firefox, cleared cookies etc all the normal steps to speed it up. not any better. has been happening for 5 days."
hey country.. your friend with win98, what kind of router does he/she have?

reason i ask is that a fellow auctiva'er posted something about transmission speeds for auctiva with non linksys routers. i cast a lot of doubt on it until i used a laptop with a friends non linksys router. it was clearly faster.

was hoping auctiva techs would weigh in on that too.

perhaps if we clear the cache, get new computers, change our isp, get rid of antivirus software, get a non linksys router and disable the rest of our software, auctiva will go faster.
More substantiation to Boz's input on non linksys routers being much more compatible with Auctiva software.

Auctiva--please ask the techs how to make Auctiva more compatible with the linksys routers. I originally thought it was not possible but now there are three distinct incidents/users documenting much higher speeds and/or fewer roadbumps while using non linksys routers.
I too use Win98 and a Linksys G2 router with speed boost. It's a wireless router, but I am hard wired into it. Slow at 3:30AM EST which is when I have to do ANYTHING in Auctiva that I don't want to spend hours with. I too make very basic changes to my listings. The problem continues to be that the description which I believe is on a different server, loads so much slower than the rest of the page. This was a change they made a few years back, which is exactly when the site started slowing to a crawl. Of course it then became a pay for use site with the promise that things would get better - which of course they did not. Anytime I have a large number of listings to do, I use Turbolister. Not fancy but I don't think templates cause your item to sell any better, which is preyty much all you get for the aggravation of staying with Auctiva and having them ignore you.
Am I the only one that never has problems with Auctiva? I can't think of a single time in the past year when I haven't been able to get done what I want done because of speed issues. (Except for scheduled maintenance of course).
I mean, It's not like I use Auctiva all the time so maybe it's just times when I'm not on it, but I am a Silver Powerseller and use Auctiva exclusively.
For my Desktop I use Touchstone Telephony Broadband Modem and for my laptop I use D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Wireless Router with a D-Link Wireless Xtreme N Notebook Adapter DWA-652 in my Laptop. My Netbook does not use an adapter and connects to the Wireless Router. For me the Desktop runs a little faster than the two wireless computers. Hope that helps a little. Good Luck!
I could ALMOST buy into the hardware answer except that not every listing created is slow AND the problem ALWAYS is the item description not filling in on the listing page. Why does this section of the page load so much slower than the rest of the listing? I sense it loads from two different servers, but why? It wasn't always this way, only the past couple of years. Probably about 6 months before it became a pay site. Whatever the reason, no one seems to address it. Of course this morning is like any other. A few listings created quickly, a bog down, another quick one, a bog down etc. I just don't think that its the router.
Greg I didn't think it was the router either. But how could a chosen few have such a different experience than the vast majority? It was another member who raised the theory after using other than a linksys modem. I was among the largest group of doubters.
I don't get it. I only know that the time issue is so severe that either Auctiva tech support figures out who most of us are suffering or from a business perspective a move is warranted. I am not changing a hardware configuration that works with my other suppliers.

I am sad that Auctiva seems disinterested but from a biz perspective they have our money and this is likely not a priority to them esp since the buyout.
I have a 5 year old Linksys WRT54G router. When I'm at my desk my laptop is wired. I've never had a problem with the item description not filling in or taking longer to load than the rest of the page. Greg T, what are your computer specs? I have an older desktop computer that I use occasionally, and Auctiva loads slower on it (as do other websites) than my newish laptop. But that's not a problem with Auctiva, it's my antique hardware. (although it's only 6 years old and was a pretty decent machine at the time, I couldn't believe how much faster my new dual core laptop was).
I admit my pc is dated BUT why just Auctiva's site AND its not every listing. Some are quick, others are just bogged down terribly. Why too did Auctiva work perfectly with the Sea Monkey browser and then all of a sudden stopped working at all with it. XML errors which Auctiva will not address. It's all about the money with them and except for the fact that they are doing image hosting for other auction sites where I list the same items as on ebay, I wouldn't use them at all. Not worth the wasting of time.
Hi- anyone having SLOW problems today. I have tried in 3 browsers, internet explorer, mozilla and chrome and sooooo slow in all 3. I have cleared cookies, cache and still same problem. I have checked internet connection. Other sites are loading in a snap and maybe loading faster than the norm, so is not internet/router, etc., problem.

I am especially having problems if I go to the Notifications area, they just will not load. (of course you notice in more in area you are attempting to use.)

Is it just me???

I am writing support too.. but wondered if others are having issues too. .

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
I tried to delete post but for some reason it won't go away. Anyway. . .I wrote support and. . .

My bad, problem appeared to be on my end!! I let the notifications stack up. . for a very long time and it is trying to load them all so slows things down. When they would not load I would hit saved listings while the other was loading so that created double problem.

Lesson learned, keep your notifications cleaned out. Deleting them after they stack up is PITA!

Thanks Mike at Support for your Help and answer that I could "get". I know Mike highly unusual that I "get it" But I did!! Razz
Sorry.. I have not listed new listings to speak of lately days but plan to (just did relists which are usually pretty easy).

I think my problem was going to notifications, then giving up and zooming to saved so it was still trying to get 3,000 ish relists up. Once I quit doing that the saved came up better.

I will post if I have problems when I start gearing to really list again.

Sorry ya'll.

Vickie
Interesting. . today everything including the 3,000 ish notifications is loading faster than the speed of light (so far, knock on wood, etc.). Guess my lucky rabbit food worked (telling my age right). Wink

I mean better than it has EVER been right now!!

Try yours and see if it is faster? If so this really will put curious spin on the whys to all of this. Incidentally, FYI I use Time Warner for internet and have a netgear router. Which internet provider came out about a week or two ago and tested both and said they were perfect. (i.e. did not recommend their rental router at all).

Hope it is zooming for all of you. Unfortunately, I will not be home today to list. . arg.

Vickie

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.