Skip to main content

Ok-I've done all my new listings the last couple of months through Auctiva and I absolutely LOVE it! Now comes the work. I have 1800+ eBay store items done through SD that now need to be moved here. Is there a tutorial for the best way to do it? Is it just the images that need to be re-linked?
Thanks in advance. I can't take SD one more day!
The easiest way is to use our Import feature. If those 1800 items are all on eBay we should be able to import them to our site and we'll even get the images and import them to your account here and change the HTML to point to the images on our site instead of SD. Doing those 2 things should be most of the work you need to move those 1800 listings here and it's all automated.

There is an import button on our "Closed" listings page. You check the box next to the ones you want imported and then click the Import Listings button.

You can file a support case on our help page and we can help you get them all. Be sure to let them know you have 1800 listings in your eBay Store and you'd like us to import them all and create saved listings for them.
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
A concerned Auctiva Customer.

Auctiva Question:
Posted March 19, 2006 05:50 PM

A concerned Auctiva CEO.

Auctiva Answer:
Posted March 19, 2006 06:26 PM

There are some things money can't buy, Auctiva's free!

Priceless.

Welcome to Auctiva! Smile

Between you and me...I'd GLADLY pay for it.
(don't tell anyone!!!)
quote:

You can file a support case on our help page and we can help you get them all. Be sure to let them know you have 1800 listings in your eBay Store and you'd like us to import them all and create saved listings for them.

Will the automation affect only those auctions not created through Auctiva? I'm not sure if I could remember myself which were and which were created here and which were created there without viewing a significant amount of them manually.

Looking at the listings on the 'closed' page it doesn't seem as though all 1800 are there. Maybe around 700 or so?

(Would it better to discuss this with support? I don't want to take up too much space with this, but it also might be helpful for other SD migrants. Just let me know...)
I believe we cap imported listings when a person signs up to 200 listings. I checked your account and set your saved listings filter to "Imported listngs" and I saw about that many.

You can use that to find out which you have imported, and which you created yourself on our site.

When you contact support they will be able to import all of your current listings and up to 3 months back of old listings. That should get you the rest of your listings. I think telling them that when you signed up we imported 200 listings but you have 1800+ on eBay and would like us to import the rest would do the trick.

Once that has happened they will be in your Import Listings folder in your saved listings. If you've printed the list of listings you've already manually created yourself on our site you could then delete any from the import listings that were duplicates.
who is this person that you speak of? no real wisdom here *laf!* just good ol' school of hard knocks Wink

or were you being sarcastic? That's it! I knew it! You hateful hateful person!!!! (just kidding Frog)

I'm glad to be here so can continue learning from all the fine folks such as yourself. We all have our areas of knowledge and it's nice to be surrounded by persons such as yourself that I can learn from. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
who is this person that you speak of? no real wisdom here *laf!* just good ol' school of hard knocks Wink

or were you being sarcastic? That's it! I knew it! You hateful hateful person!!!! (just kidding Frog)

I'm glad to be here so can continue learning from all the fine folks such as yourself. We all have our areas of knowledge and it's nice to be surrounded by persons such as yourself that I can learn from. Smile

GOOD MORNING!

Thanks for your postings to me and NO I wasn't being sarcastic. <neener>

Anyhoooooooo...I thought I'd take a few seconds to let you know that the help ticket is a great resource if you need any questions answered and quickly. Normal time for me is within 15 to 30 minutes.

There's stickies on each thread but alot of times, people don't go into them to find info because they're frustrated. So peruse those first and familiarize yourself with the goings on.

Help tickets are on the top. You'll have a running tab on what's been answered and what is open. Also, you get to rank the Customer Service whether it met your needs or not. This lets CEO Jeff know what's going on at a glance.

The online classes are great, too and offer lots of insight. If a person sits through one of those online classes first..then they should be good to go for setting up their profiles for listing.

You might want to take a moment and pop into the templates here. The staff works hard on them plus, oh my gosh...Auctiva had a contest for template design and our own KWK and WAHM took home $$$. Their designed templates can be viewed with the other templates. Imagine that...acknowledgement of templates and the developers of those templates.

Steve, I've not had any problems with scheduling items. Because there have been times when I designed a new auction and didn't error check it, scheduled it and then it wouldn't go. My own fault for not error checking..that's the way folks learn though..right?

When the transfer of the servers to a new locale happened a few weeks ago...I remembered not to have any auctions scheduled to upload knowing the situation could run longer than anticipated. In real life I always plan for bumps in the road and I try to remember that in my dealings with selling online.

Auctiva was good to their word and kept us apprised. The message board is housed on another server which makes it easy to stay in touch with us. No OLE error messages.

Now, I'm not saying Auctiva is perfect..but it works for me. Nobody is perfect just as nothing is perfect.

I've stated all along that Auctiva suits MY needs. But I've been here since last summer and watched this service really move along. If it hadn't been for malicious bidders on my eBay account, I'd have been completely moved out of my old service SD a few months earlier. Auctiva moved 400 of my existing auctions over for me..but hard work got the last 400 plus auctions, pics and more moved over. If there's one thing I'm not..that's lazy. It was time consuming but in the long run, my auctions run smoother, my auctions look better, the pics are crisper and more.

Take your time and root around the stickies, take an online class or just hang out with we already Auctiva members..then I think you can make a logical decision. In the end, you might like Auctiva or you might not.

And know what? There's nothing wrong with not liking a service..last time I checked this was America and we could like whatever we chose. <smile>

It should be whatever suits a persons needs.

As I said earlier, thanks for all your recommendations in the past to free services such as AVG, SPYBOT, SPYWAREBLASTER and more. They work great and everytime that I recommend them to another I think of your signature with all the links. <smile> Free doesn't mean less quality..it can be better quality at the right price.

We're not a real chatty group over here as versus what you're used to. I'll tell you that right up front...we tend to get in the trenches, get our work done and play very little. It's just a different mentality of looking at online time.

I'm also looking forward to your time, opinions and more with us over at the Auction Sellers Motivators, too. Such a nice group of persons.

Blessings Steve,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
I believe we cap imported listings when a person signs up to 200 listings. I checked your account and set your saved listings filter to "Imported listngs" and I saw about that many.

You can use that to find out which you have imported, and which you created yourself on our site.

When you contact support they will be able to import all of your current listings and up to 3 months back of old listings. That should get you the rest of your listings. I think telling them that when you signed up we imported 200 listings but you have 1800+ on eBay and would like us to import the rest would do the trick.

Once that has happened they will be in your Import Listings folder in your saved listings. If you've printed the list of listings you've already manually created yourself on our site you could then delete any from the import listings that were duplicates.

Thanks Jeff. I opened a new ticket just now. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly *fingers crossed*

Thanks a million for the help!
quote:
Originally posted by scholartime:
Mike is awesome! I would have asked him to marry me at the end of the one live class I took, but I'm already married. 23 years tomorrow! Big Grin

~Lisa

Lisa!

23 years? CONGRATULATIONS!

I celebrated my 28th in December.

Ahhhhhhhhh..never know Mike might just take you up on that marriage proposal anyway.

The classes are great and Auctiva does a good job of running them. I just wish more persons would sign up for them.

Congrats and Have a Happy Time Celebrating!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Mike is awesome! I would have asked him to marry me at the end of the one live class I took, but I'm already married. 23 years tomorrow! Big Grin

~Lisa

Lisa!

Ahhhhhhhhh..Bla, Bla Bla.

Arr, tis a strange time indeed! I come across me ol' lady thirty years agone today. An' a red letter day it was, me Mateys. I rate it right up there with Niner-one-one and the crash of the Space Shuttle. An' a comely young wench she was, back then! Ol' battle-ax is still here, too, in charge of the grub n' swabbin' the decks, an' beatin' the crew, an' whatnot, like a good girl should, harrrr. I reckon I'll keep here around. So dern hard to break in a new one these days, y'knows.

Avast,
CB
CBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Lemme tell ya something..the lil woman that lives with you? She must be a saint to put up with you for so long! <smile>

Like a good girl? You're just taunting me now and trying to get my goat. <smile>

You wouldn't trade that beauuuuutiful battle axe for a wife for a new model anyway...cause I can NOT imagine how hard it would be for the sweet young thing to break YOU in at your excellerated age. Nyuck Nyuck.

Happy Anniversary. Take the wench out for a wonnnderful evening on the town and then smooch till the cows come home!
<wink>

I'm so glad to see you around.

Tee Hee,
Donna

PS I'm telling McHale. You blah blah blah'd me. I guess that's better than yada yada'ing me. I'm still telling.
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
quote:

~Lisa

Lisa!

Ahhhhhhhhh..Bla, Bla Bla.

Arr, tis a strange time indeed! I come across me ol' lady thirty years agone today. An' a red letter day it was, me Mateys. I rate it right up there with Niner-one-one and the crash of the Space Shuttle. An' a comely young wench she was, back then! Ol' battle-ax is still here, too, in charge of the grub n' swabbin' the decks, an' beatin' the crew, an' whatnot, like a good girl should, harrrr. I reckon I'll keep here around. So dern hard to break in a new one these days, y'knows.

Avast,
CB

Lol, too funny. Frog
I'm just online for a moment..

Welcome!

Please sign up for the online class..it will take you step by step to learn Auctiva. That way you don't have to go between FAQ's and more..it's all very clear and concise.

If you have any problems, be sure to click help above. It will take you to a ticket system where you can send questions. Auctiva has staff that are very prompt in their responses.

If you need anything else, please do NOT hesitate to get in touch with me and I'll try to make the transition a smooth one.

Once again...
WELCOME TO AUCTIVA! You will find (and I'm serious) that Auctiva works for a myriad of reasons. I have at any given time 500+ auctions going via Auctiva..if it didn't work I'd be elsewhere.

Good Luck!

You'll see quite a few familiar faces here and we all wish you mucho money-o. <smile>

Take care,
Donna

edited to add this:
Tomas SMACKED BFs hand? That's just wrong for so many reasons.
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Sure you didn't bump your head? Tomas told BF to shut his piehole? Hard to imagine. Considering he's allowed BF to spew his sardonic wisdom all over everyone for years.

I guess, Tomas didn't like it when BF finally spewed it all over him. If that's what he did. Not being able to read the boards, I have no idea. If you come over, why not do it because Auctiva offers superior auction management and customer service?

Best of all, its FREE.
quote:
So dern hard to break in a new one these days, y'knows.

Avast,
CB

CB?
You Silly Silly Man!

What the heck kinda profile pic do you have up?
<smile>

Darnit!
I had to save the pic to my computer so I could view it.

You KNOW I'm an old woman with 20 inch thick reading glasses.
<wink>

Remote Linking Forbidden!
You go!
Suthrnjewl<-------remote linking right now (ha)

Neener!
WHY would you want to disable store window? I must have missed something.
Thanks,
~Lisa
quote:
Go to...Account Preferences.

Then scroll down to...Account Preferences.

3rd check box (Enable Auctiva Store Window)

Make sure this box is NOT checked. If checked, uncheck it. Then remember to save your preferences.

That will take care of it. Smile
I don't think I thanked you for your Congrats!

We had a great dinner at an all-you-can eat, pig-out style restaurant, Tucano's, and then saw Memoirs of a Geisha. The BOOK was fabulous!! Don't quite know how I feel about the movie.

Our kids were having a party back here at the house when we returned home. Well, they actually have parties 3-4 nights a week and I trust them AND their friends, so it was just another night at the Armstrong's! Smile

~Lisa

quote:
quote:

~Lisa

Lisa!

Ahhhhhhhhh..never know Mike might just take you up on that marriage proposal anyway.

The classes are great and Auctiva does a good job of running them. I just wish more persons would sign up for them.

Congrats and Have a Happy Time Celebrating!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
Captain, where have you been hiding?
I know where. The capt doubts us. Implying we're self destructing on another message board and making fun of us. You stinker! Frog

Auctiva is here to stay and we're kicking rump! We're probably 25x+ the size of that other place and growing 5x as fast. If anyone is self destructing it's them and not us! Frog

So, we have double agents, lol! Frog

There's something to be said for L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y!

Something the 'other place' has been lacking in for a good 2 years. Trust is an important aspect in any relationship. A business relationship is no different. Sellers want to know they're valued. It's difficult to feel valued in a hostile forum environment that isn't governed with care. Not to mention paying month after month for a service that is broken.
quote:
WHY would you want to disable store window? I must have missed something.
Thanks,
~Lisa
quote:
Go to...Account Preferences.

Then scroll down to...Account Preferences.

3rd check box (Enable Auctiva Store Window)

Make sure this box is NOT checked. If checked, uncheck it. Then remember to save your preferences.

That will take care of it. Smile

gotshirtey wanted to disable it. So, I told him/her how to.
quote:
Originally posted by gotshirtey:
one quick question. i was advised to opt out of the 'Auctiva Gallery' before generating a token. can somebody explain how i do that.

thanks. i really hope that Auctiva will work for me because i don't think i can stomach SD/IF for much longer.

Did you figure this out yet?

If not just give a hollar!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.