Skip to main content

Too many issues with Auctiva online over the past 3-4 months. It is not productive to work here. I have been waiting for the past two weeks to see if Auctiva would become stable but it just seems to have new issues each week.

I have been trying out eBay Selling Manager Pro which costs $$ but I figure it is worth $15 a month if it is stable. It is lacking in features but I am complementing it with some free HTML tools I found on the net. I can eventually open an eBay store, something I wanted to do with Auctiva but I could not commit that much effort to Auctiva and its problems. I also figured that Selling Manager Pro should keep up with eBay changes faster that outside providers. I also thought that if I can't make enough to pay for a service, then I shouldn't bother to sell on eBAy.

I will be using free photbucket for pictures but I think I will reduce the pictures and just use eBay for the odd 2nd picture I might need and pay for it.

The scrolling gallery is hard to replace. I did find some free code for this feature but you have to add your own auctions manually. More work but I will see what it is like.

The Auctiva concept is great. I unfortunately joined when in Jan this year when they were going through a tough period and this has just continued to today. I did learn a lot during these 3-4 months about eBay, auctions, HTML, so the time at Auctiva was not wasted.
Richard
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. If you have not done so already, I would strongly recommend contacting our customer support team to see if we can help you through the problems you are experiencing, which can be done by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

I believe the issue described by okanagan sunshine as "jumps everywhere" is a known issue that causes the cursor to jump to the description editor when a user clicks many of the buttons on the listing creation page (such as Post, Save, Preview, and Select an Image) after working within the description editor. This issue is currently expected to be resolved with our next site update at the end of this month, but it is possible it will be addressed sooner.

Also, Live Chat is typically available from 9 AM to 6 PM PT, Monday through Friday. It is online as I am writing this message so, if you would like to get ahold of someone through the Live Chat system, you should be able to do so at this time or during the aforementioned time period on another day.

-Mike
Mike, I don't want to close my account, because Auctiva is still way, way better than Turbo Lister. But, I have to agree that this entire year has been much worse than previously.

Coming from an internet development background, I know how issues can be hard to resolve. I do say KUDOS to Mike for caring and responding!

Thanks to Mike!
I have to agree; there are new problems everyday and taking way too much time to figure out how to fix them. I am not too computer savvy and when I read the instruction on "escaped html" and removing empty nested elements" I get a migraine. I've spent the past 2 weeks fighting off new problems every day. Last week the images wouldn't transfer and now the formatting isn't working?? Not listing much and getting madder every day.
Ugh, I don't need to read this. I've had an account at auctiva for awhile but have always used auction boutique. Tired of the slowness and then having to enter then again in Turbo Lister has gotten on my last nerve and I decided this week to give auctiva a try. Now I read this...not good.

One thing that scares me is I can't seem to get my profile info to show up in my templates I've chosen and I still see the name "OWhatAThrill" like as my ebay address when my ebay screen name is Kaedyns_Kloset and I have that registered in whatever section the token shows up.

I had hoped Auctiva was more intuititive but so far...coming from years of web experience, I'm still floudering. I do think everyone has problems now and again and it's how quick they are to respond is what set's a company apart. Guess I'll find that out soon enough.
Hi Kaedyns_Kloset,

In order to change the username on your Auctiva account, you will need to file a support request to get that revised (please include the name you want it changed to.)
http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

The link can also be found by clicking the "Help" at the top of the page and go down to the "Customer Support" box.

What profiles were you having problems with specifically? I see the seller details profiles loaded into some of your saved listings, so is it a problem with the Master profiles?

While it is true that our site has experienced a few "hiccups" lately, it's important to note that the updates we have been making are necessary to keep up with eBay's frequent changes. We must stay in compliance with eBay's latest rules and regulations, and that was fairly easy to do when they only made 1-2 major changes in a year. It makes it hard on every eBay third-party listing service when they make so many changes in such a small period of time.

Enough of my rambling! Wink
Good luck with all your selling!
Rebecca
Rebecca,
I'll turn in the request for the change, that will solve some of my confusion issues, seeing both names as right now I fear my login and perhaps old ebay name will show up on an auction page.

As far as profiles go, I think the issue is I don't understand them. Looked around in help today but not much further along.

When I'm creating an auction, I would choose the Master profile as my current ebay name and it would mess up my auction. I finally got to where I just chose "kaedyns_kloset" where I chose the theme and didn't have to add any extra item details. Could you give me a brief explanation of profiles such as the master one and what other ones one may have.

I understand about progress and I have really enjoyed creating the auctions in Auctiva that I did last night and today. Much, much faster for each auction than Auction Boutique will ever be I imagine.

Auctiva will also take out the step of having to use Turbo Lister if I am correct in my thinking...if so, that's another HUGE time saver. I have an IT background so I understand glitches and know everyone has them, and I under proactive responses and quick responses and sometimes when one's hands are tied. And I love change when it's for the better. So far...I'm happy, understanding a little more every day.
Just an update.

I am the original poster that closed his Auctiva account weeks ago. I am now using eBay Selling Manger Pro ($15 a month) and Turbo Lister 2 to create my listings. Photo hosting at Photobucket (free). Photobucket is okay but it is a pain to load stuff, it takes too many steps. For future photo hosting, I am looking into using my ISP provided free storage (100 mb) and FTP my photos there. I created my own template. I only made one, as I do not need many templates. I learned a bit of HTML. I found free HTML tools on the net (free downloads, no pirated stuff) to make my own. Look up eBay user shipscript. Shipscript have tools for you to list on eBay for free. But you are going to work at it.

I do not like SM Pro too much but I am accepting it. I don’t like paying for it and I am thinking of getting just Selling Manager (free Jun 15) and Turbo Lister. I don’t use all the features of the Pro version. I am sticking with eBay tools because I assume they will be kept up to date with the eBay changes coming on June 15. I will evaluate SM and SM Pro once eBay finishes their changes Jun 15. They are supposed to announce change to SM and SM Pro and Turbo Lister then. Once eBay stabilizes, then I will look into my setup.

I reactivated my Auctiva account a week or so ago to be able to use the Scrolling Gallery in my listings. I was looking at the scrolling gallery code again when I saw the New Pricing announcement in the community forums. Fortunately for me, the scrolling gallery will still be free (how long, 6 months) in the new Auctiva pricing plans so I am not affected. I am using it in my current listings. I already deleted all my listings and all my pictures on Auctiva before so I have nothing to migrate or delete.

I think Auctiva is right to start charging for the services they provide. I stated in a few of my posting here since Jan that something was wrong with their business model (right, insurance pays for the site?) and they can't make money and were in financial trouble. You could just feel it in the way things were running at Auctiva. But their current rates seem high. Especially for a service that works poorly.

I find it really ironic and tragic that after 5 months of virus, listing problems, down time, site improvements and just plain lousy service and support, they slap all Auctiva users in the face with major fees pricing on a very short notice. A lot of users will leave. Rightly so.

The good news for Auctiva is that one the "free" users leave; they will have a much less busy site and lots of hardware available. I would think the remaining users would get a bit of a break that way. But I would caution the remaining users to watch out. The new pricing plans means that Auctiva is in financial trouble, their old model does not work. They are in serious trouble I would suspect. Will they survive the rest of the year? Will they be able to provide a good level of service and support?
Richard,
Thank you for that comparison, especially for someone who just came over here. Didn't know they were going to start charging, will have to double-think then. I already have a ebay store and haven't gone to Seller Manager Pro. I'd love to do Seller Sourcebook but don't want $30 of instant charges every month.

If you developed our own template, you can simply use Turbo lister and load the photo URL's in TL. Simple html for auctons is easy so good for you to press the bar and go out looking for scripts. Please keep us posted as your evaluation continues. Now I'm off to see what Auctiva prices are going to be...before I put more auction here. Sad because I really like entering the auction much, MUCH better than Auction Boutique and I pay $4.95 for that. if its much more than that, I'll go back to AB sadly...
I agree with you. Since Auctiva has been free, i stuck with it and put up with the crap. But now that I have to pay, I will be shopping around much more!

Support is never on line. They Don't have telephone support, and they don't reply to emails too often.

The Executives and Emplyees at Auctiva also hide behind the site. There is no place where they have their email addresses, no place you can find who works there, no phone numbers, no nothing. Have you ever seen a company hide behind the site like they do?

Now that there is a fee every month, and I assume they are not changing their business model in terms of their office staff, I will be much more conscious of other alternatives.

Anyone have good ideas for other listing tools?

Perry

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.