Skip to main content

Hi - already use auctiva, but have huge quantity of cosmetic items I want to list. I am going to be on road a bit so though turbo may be best way to do this while in car. (no, I will not be driving my other 1/2 who does not talk in car will drive) But would like to at some point do inventory in auctiva.

Questions.

1. If I list in Turbo and let listing end after 30 days, can I:

A. Then relist through auctiva and use auctiva listing template. (IF doing this way I guess I should not use ebay template? just list all white?

B. Can I: Add to Auctiva Inventory when I put on auctiva templates.

2. Anyone know of easier way I am more than open to suggestions. I am just trying to use car time since it is same route every weekend so that beauty may get old.

3. Am I totally going to wish I had not done this way???? Am I overthinking this??

4. Also, does anyone know if I open separate account with ebay for cosmetics will they combine accounts so we pay one set of fees? I would think not.. but figure someone here may know.

VERY, VERY OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

Auctiva.. comments please! Also, auctiva, ANY suggestion on best way to do this so that I can at some point coordinate with Amazon when you get so inventory will not have to be redone when that big announcement is made. (I know you can't tell me when so won't ask - does the Month you release start with a J??? since F has been eliminated basically). Big Grin

Thanks sooo much.
Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dear Vickie,

Thanks for posting your question here. I have read over the scenario you described here and I believe the best way to go about this would not even involve using our relatively new tool that can be used to import listings into Auctiva from Turbo Lister generated CSV files.

Since you will only be reposting these listings that you list through Turbo Lister until they end, the easiest way to import those to your Saved Listings page so you can repost them through Auctiva with our templates and other design elements would be to do so using the "Import Listings" button on the Closed Listings page.

The only situation I can think of where using our Upload from File tool to upload these listings into Auctiva directly from Turbo Lister would be if you were dealing with such a large volume of listings that even importing them 250 at a time from the Closed Listings page would be a time intensive task.

If you want to go that route, you would first want to use the "Export Selected Items" option under the "File" menu within Turbo Lister to create a CSV file containing the listing details. Once you have saved that CSV file to your computer, you would then want to mouse over the "Listings" tab within your Auctiva account and select the "Upload From File" option to upload the file into Auctiva.com

Regardless of which of these methods you end up using, any Listing Designer templates you may have chosen when you listed the items directly through Turbo Lister would not be imported into Auctiva so using that option would not create any issues. It would just cost you an extra 10 to 30 cents per listing because eBay's Listing Designer templates entail additional charges unlike Auctiva's listing templates.

While it will not be possible to link the listings you post directly through Turbo Lister with Inventory items in your Auctiva account, when it comes time to repost any of those items through Auctiva, you would then be able to link them to your Inventory items using the normal process once they have been moved to your Saved Listings page.

If you end up using a separate eBay account for your cosmetics listings, you will need to open a second Auctiva account to use with that eBay account. However, we can set you up on a special plan that will allow you to use that additional account at no extra charge. If you were to contact our support team after creating the second account, we would be able to set that up for you.

We do not have any additional information on when we may be able to support posting to Amazon nor how exactly that might integrate with our existing tools, so I'm afraid I cannot offer you any definitive advice on how to best prepare yourself for that. I think it is safe to say that keeping any saved listings intact that you envision posting to Amazon in the future could not hurt though.

I hope this helps you decide how to approach this situation.

-Mike
Mike. thanks for your detailed response. Of course, you know me. . another question (you know I over think things).

The below part of your note is intriguing since I figure I will have at least 1,000-1500 listings when I get finished with this (which will be a work in progress I am sure. I really hate to sound stupid but am clueless about csv files. IF I through turbo regular old turbo way and do listings, then i would not physically post them to ebay, I would export to auctiva? will I need anything special to get them to export to auctiva? (other than directions you gave). I am sure I will have more questions, but this could be a timesaver that I was not aware of.

The only situation I can think of where using our Upload from File tool to upload these listings into Auctiva directly from Turbo Lister would be if you were dealing with such a large volume of listings that even importing them 250 at a time from the Closed Listings page would be a time intensive task.

Also, knew you were going to drop no hints on the package we hope to open this year! Wink
Thanks again.

Vickie
Hello again Vickie,

My previous response to your post was based on my understanding that you would actually be posting these listings directly to eBay through Turbo Lister but that you would then need to repost some or all of the items through Auctiva once those came to an end.

However, you could also just create your listing details in Turbo Lister while you are on the road without actually post them to eBay and then import those to Auctiva using our Upload from File tool so you could post them through Auctiva the first time.

Regardless of whether you have posted the items to eBay through Turbo Lister or not, you should be able to export the listing details you created in Turbo Lister to a CSV file and then upload those listing details into Auctiva using our Upload from File tool using the process I mentioned above.

If you export a CSV file from Turbo Lister and open the file, it will basically just look like a spreadsheet in which each row is a listing and each column contains the details of a different listing component. Our Upload from File tool will automatically extract the listing data from the CSV file and created saved listings using that information.

The only other thing I can think of to mention is that you would not be able to incorporate certain things like Auctiva templates and seller details profiles into the listings you create through Turbo Lister so, in order to add those options to the listings you post through Auctiva, you would need to add them to the saved listings you create from your CSV file.

Both of those listing design elements are things that can be applied in bulk using the "Find and Replace" button on the Auctiva Saved Listings page though.

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions about this. Hopefully I didn't just add another layer of confusion.

-Mike
Mike sorry have not responded. Your alternative does give more food for thought and sounds easier than way I proposed. Will sure try with a few and see how it goes. Does sound easier and I am looking for easiest most time efficient method. I have no problem learning something new as long as you all her here to walk me through it!!

Also with alternative method do you still put in all of ship thing, return, etc., in turbo, or can I do that once on auctiva site??

One other Question... may or may not be related. Mr. Poster? (seems like lost step-child). Would that work? Seems to look very similar to turbo?? Maybe better because I believe I saw amazon on there? Also, IF so with Mr. Poster can we do same auctiva inventory and it tie together or are these like cats and dogs and do not mix??

You know.. answer a question, I ask another. I probably really overthink and should just JUMP!!

Thanks
vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.