Skip to main content

Hi,

I contacted Auctiva Help back on July 8th about an issue with Additional Product Information and stock photos. Anytime I enter a UPC code and select the item I want if I click on View Additional Product Information I get a Page Not Responding error. Additionally no stock photos are showing up. I've been checking in about once a week and I keep getting the same response: "Hello again,

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this matter.

We have not yet received an update regarding this, but we will follow up with you in this support case just as soon as more information becomes available.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue is causing. In meantime, if there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support"

What exactly is going on that this is taking almost a month to fix?

Thanks,
Scott
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello HoobieDaju,

We are aware of an issue on the lister page where the Additional Product Information window may display either a message asking for a sign in or with the Page Not Responding error such as you have described. Please note that when you click the link for that window, it is opening an eBay page directly and we are currently looking into the cause behind this as the content for this and the stock photo come directly from eBay.

If you select the product information or the stock photo, that data is being submit correctly to eBay, and we are working towards the resolution of the issue at this time. I will update this thread as soon as more information regarding this becomes available.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

- Craig
Hello HoobieDaju -

Our developers have an open ticket with eBay regarding this issue - eBay responded that this is a known issue that they are looking into, but we have no further information as of yet regarding when the issue may be resolved.

I will update this thread as soon as more information regarding this becomes available.

- Craig
Hello HoobieDaju -

We have an open ticket with eBay regarding this issue as is it currently predominant on non US sites (such as eBay UK, AU etc.). Unfortunately the content there is delivered by eBay so until the issue is resolved on their end there will continue to be issues with this area of our lister page. I will update this thread as soon as more information regarding this issue becomes available.

Apologies for the continued inconvenience.

- Craig
Hello Hoobiedaju -

I am sorry to hear that the difficulty has returned, it is unclear what may be occurring for you. As this issue may be on the eBay side, it would help towards a resolution if you could file a support case from under the Help tab of the site providing the details of what you've experienced with some specific examples within your account so we can look into it further.

Please let us know as the issue may be related to some changes on eBay or we may be having difficulty with the communication between the sites for this; please be aware that earlier this month eBay did make category changes on a large scale. Please also include the note that this may be category specific since it does not appear to be occurring with books.

- Craig
Hello Hoobiedaju -

We've done a bit more looking into this issue you report here and it is now expected behavior on eBay for you to see the View Additional Product Information page with an option to purchase that item. You would see the same result using the View Product Information link inside the Find Product popup window. Some items have far less product information associated with them than others within that catalog as well.

The difference in appearance is a result of the changes eBay continues to make to their site.

Please also note that not every item eBay has in their product catalog has a stock photo available. I did check on a few of the listings you have currently scheduled in your account and in at least two cases eBay did not have a stock photo available for the item.

If you are encountering something differently - please do file a support case and let us know an example of exactly what you have run into so we can look into it further.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.