Skip to main content

I finally got to a point where I quit leaving feedback immediately after payment was received.

So now, of course, the feedback piles up and I have to occasionally play catch-up.

Does anyone have a good system for keeping up with feedback that they'd like to share?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

While automated might be nice for high volume, I prefer the personal touch. I typically leave feedback in batches every few weeks or so when I think of it. I don't wait for the other guy to do it first, I just do it when I think of it. Sometimes it's days after a sale, sometimes it's weeks. It's never forgotten, I leave 100% feedback on all sales.
Same with me Jeff.

Each feedback is left by me. There are certain customers that I believe deserve special kind words.

I've never used automated feedback either..wait let me reword that.

I was with a third party auction service that offered the service, but I never took them up on the service.

I prefer to leave each and everyone myself. And I do it daily...it just works out better for me. Not everyone handles it that way and when I tried doing it the other way (as JeffS) then I kept getting emails from customers stating please leave my feedback now, I've left your feedback. So I came up with the system that works for me.

Good Luck,
Donna
I leave feedback personally (not automated). When the customer has notified me that they have received their item/items, either through leaving feedback or by sending an email, then I leave feedback right away. By doing so right away, I know the transaction well so I can leave customized feedback comments. I have set up my feedback templates in Selling Manager, and choose which one fits a particular customer well, and also write some from scratch.

I do let our customers know in "payment received" and "item shipped" emails, that this is how we do our feedback, so they know what to expect. This works out well for us, as we want to know that our customers have received their items and are happy with their purchase.

Using the feedback templates saves time, yet they are still my own words, and chosen specifically for each customer since they are not automated.

nightowls
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd use automated feedback either -- unless, as nightowls describes, I could create a bunch of stock feedback. But even then I'm not so sure. I'd be afraid it would seem canned (probably doesn't matter, really).

Right now I don't wait for the buyer to leave feedback but I do wait until I see the item has been delivered.

So I just have to play catch-up once or twice a month by going through my "needs feedback" paperwork.

I'm not crazy about this because it piles up and because some customers get antsy about the reciprocal feedback they're expecting.

Is there any way I'm missing to set up notices at eBay for either (a) when buyers leave feedback for me, or (b) when packages are delivered? Seems like that would be super helpful.

Any other tips?
quote:
Originally posted by nightowls:
I leave feedback personally (not automated). When the customer has notified me that they have received their item/items, either through leaving feedback or by sending an email, then I leave feedback right away. By doing so right away, I know the transaction well so I can leave customized feedback comments. I have set up my feedback templates in Selling Manager, and choose which one fits a particular customer well, and also write some from scratch.

I do let our customers know in "payment received" and "item shipped" emails, that this is how we do our feedback, so they know what to expect. This works out well for us, as we want to know that our customers have received their items and are happy with their purchase.

Using the feedback templates saves time, yet they are still my own words, and chosen specifically for each customer since they are not automated.

nightowls

This is precisely what I do.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.