Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by the-quilt-cellar:
Hello..I agree..How do I get to the old website where my images are?? Please help...Thanks

All of Auctiva is being moved to a better datacenter in Sacremento. The move will be complete in a few hours. They are physically moving the servers down there in several trucks and connecting them to the uplinks in their new cages at the new location. This will be a bit, but very much worth it.
Hang in there! Cool
I have been clicking all different links and can't find it. Even going to HELP, hasn't helped. Maybe if we could find a number to call that will help. This whole thing is effecting my ebay listings. The one's I have where the Auctiva bar is showing your items listed isn't working either. Maybe they just don't have everythin up and running yet. Confused
From the NEWS section of the forums:

"As you may have seen in the press release email sent out Wednesday, we are moving our servers to a new hosting facility. This will take place on *Monday* 3-6-2006 starting at 9pm PST. It is possible certain parts of the site could be down for up to 12 hours as we move, but we hope to have things up a lot quicker than that.

Regards,

Joe"
Please remember also that they are on West Coast time -- so their sleeping hours were probably going on for 3 more hours after we East Coasters were already up and working on our auctions Smile I am sure they will be up and running better than ever very soon.

I can't be mad at them (not yet anyway) they offer us great service for free, and I am all for them upgrading their servers to offer us more great stuff!
I am right there with Cherrylanekids. I sooooo appreciate auctiva's free service and it has made a big diffeerence in my business. Instead of being bugged by the present situation, I would much rather figure out how to fix it. I specifically avoided listing anything that would close over the last few days. Unfortunately, I have several auctions closing tonight and I'm already getting hit with questions about the fact that there are no pictures. Since this was suppossed to be all better by 9am, yet it isn't, what to do if it isn't fixed by prime bidding time/ I often set my starting price quite low and let it go up. But if there are no pictures (I sell clothing) not many people are going to take the chance and bid. Therefore, I am quite likely to end up with auctions closing much lower than they should. What to do? I don't really want to have to refund paid for auctions since that tends to piss people off (not to mention I will almost definately lose the eBay fees) and I am still growing my business, but I can't afford to take a big hit because I am just little old me trying to pay rent. Does anybody else have this concern and, if so, any thoughts about making it better?
quote:
I can't be mad at them (not yet anyway) they offer us great service for free, and I am all for them upgrading their servers to offer us more great stuff!

There is always Turbo Lister in the meantime. We save money where we can.. if we have to pay for a few ads, then we will. Otherwise, this is called P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E! I am willing to wait for upgrades... Thank you for taking such good care of your clients! I am always pleased to have such great benefits and wait if it means it is better for me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Posted March 07, 2006 02:22 PM
Quick update:

It's been a long night, but we do have all the servers moved from Oakland to Sacramento. They are in place, up and running and all of that.

We're just working on the last few pieces of the puzzle right now.

Hopefully finished within an hour. Two at the most. I'll update you here if things change.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by judyw:
Posted March 07, 2006 02:22 PM
Quick update:

It's been a long night, but we do have all the servers moved from Oakland to Sacramento. They are in place, up and running and all of that.

We're just working on the last few pieces of the puzzle right now.

Hopefully finished within an hour. Two at the most. I'll update you here if things change.

-Kevin

Mine are starting to show up Kevin...good work!

take care, Donna

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=349...961087751#4961087751
quote:
Originally posted by Caviar Dreams:
... I don't really want to have to refund paid for auctions since that tends to piss people off (not to mention I will almost definately lose the eBay fees) and I am still growing my business, but I can't afford to take a big hit because I am just little old me trying to pay rent. Does anybody else have this concern and, if so, any thoughts about making it better?

IMHO ... I can sympathize with your plight, however, I'd rethink the idea of refunding payments to your customers who won auctions and paid for them. They won them fair and square for whatever the highest bid was. Just because the price didn't go as high as you needed it to go, is not a valid reason to do that. Essentially, you'd be backing out the "agreement" you made with your customer via the auction process, and I'm sure that's against the rules, and it's just not right. You might have customers complain to eBay and then they may suspend your ID or similar ugly action. Eek

JMHO... Smile

Is there a way for you to get more items (like the ones that you've recently sold) and put those up for auction after the server problem is resolved (or list directly on eBay 'til then), and hope for higher bids? Since I don't know what you sell or how many pictures you use for each listing, I throw this out only as a helpful suggestion. Confused

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.