Skip to main content

Hi- not sure if anyone else is having this problem with gallery image not posting in order, however, you need to check your listings. This does not show up in notifications or give API error and listings go through just as if nothing happened, so you will HAVE to check EACH listing yourself.

I noticed about two months ago that my gallery pictures in some listings were not same as one I had put on gallery on auctiva listing. Example pair of slacks, I put front of slacks as gallery, say 2nd picture pant leg and 3rd may be back of pants. When posted to ebay the image may show the pant leg rather than the chosen one which is front of pants. I have found several instances of this. I have written support back & forth several times and they basically said there was not anything they could to do to prevent the errors altogether, and in order to prevent images from being dropped, they adjusted their system to try adding images again for which ebay reports that they encountered problems processing.

In my opinion, this is NOT a fix for us to have to check each listing. I was also told to "just go ahead and adjust the gallery images through the eBay "Revise your Item" form when you see fit."

I do not see this is permanent fix. To me for each of us to check listings when we list for errors on all of our listings month after month is a waste of our time.

I would like to see ONE of these fixes, I frankly would prefer they not list at all if photos are scrambled.

1. Re-Adjust so that listing does not post with notification on why and to just try to repost. This method saves time of having to to into EBAY system and revise the listing, which means you have to upload your photos onto ebay if your photos are all hosted on auctiva you have to backload the picture from their into your computer and then onto ebay?

So far I have just ended mine and relisted but that could get expensive.

2. Minimum is to give us API warning, I am not favoring this as much, because then we have to load our photos onto ebay to fix the listing OR end listing and hope it posts correctly 2nd time. However, it is better to have some notification than have to check each listing.

This is a bigger deal if you use multi-variation. As in my multi-variation if I am listing golf shirts. I want the gallery image to show all of the colors I have in the shirt. When it is dropped only a single color shows on the gallery photo.

If you are having this problem please post it. Maybe another adjustment can be made to at least let us know there is a problem. But I would prefer option 1 so that we do not waste time (which is $$$$) revising listings.

Auctiva did say others had this problem in past.
They did move this up the food chain for review but in meantime CHECK YOUR LISTINGS!!

Thanks and hope this all makes sense??

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Vickie,
I've not noticed that problem...yet thank god! Although tonight I'm trying to re-list auctions to use up the last of my 100 free ones and my templates are disappearing off every auction I resave. This is ridiculous! This is about my last straw with Auctiva. I'm sick of the formatting constantly screwing up in my auctions and having to check each one manually instead of working on new ones and now this.
Interesting post. I have been receiving notification messages from eBay for quite some time, referencing "Gallery Picture Issue" though, to date, the "issue" always seem to resolve itself. In other words, when I view my store, all gallery pictures appear as they should. I receive this email message every thirty days, as my listings, auto-relist. In fact, if I view my own listing, the "error" message still appears at the top of the page, even though there is no apparent problem with the gallery photo.

Sorry this glitch is giving you headaches. I appreciate the heads-up. I'll make sure to keep monitoring my own listings to ensure the proper gallery photo is displaying.
Hi I also get the ones you are referring to. A few months back I got them like on 60 listings in 3 days.

Interesting part is the picture so far is always correct when I go and look at it. So it is like a false warning, it does not show up on auctiva as warning either, so if you miss email you have not notification that there may be a problem or there may not be a problem.

I contacted ebay and of course, they say to contact my third party service. SInce they show in listing I have not contacted auctiva, but is irritating to have to go in and check them. (just to make doubly sure)

Thanks

Vickie

All,

Our software development people have been made aware of the problem that Vickie and others are discussing in this thread, and are looking into what we can do to solve it. I expect to have an update for you soon as to what we can do about this problem and when we can do it.

Meanwhile, thanks very much for your patience with us. We appreciate your using Auctiva as your listing management service.
Hi - I am sorry, however, it does effect conducting MY business as time is money. If I am spending time checking listings, then that is costing me money since I can't list and check listings and conduct other business. If by chance some go through that are not caught buyer can't see gallery that is also costing money as most people are not going to click into listing with no picture. I know I sure don't, if I see someone without a gallery picture, I always wonder why in the world one would waste their time listing with NO picture.

I got 60 of these in 3 or 4 days at one point. Each had to be checked to make sure photos were on. In addition I spend about 2-3 hours on the phone with ebay on hold and attempting to find out why this was happening. So it does in fact affect conducting my business.

Glad it does not effect your business though. You may not get as many as some of us do. Obviously the more you have listed the bigger the problem would be. And it appears that you use stock photos for some of your listings which would not present a problem anyway.

We are not asking for immediate fix and glad it is being looked into, but others do need to be made aware of these issues, so that they do not spend time calling ebay and sending support requests for items covered in forums.

Tony, thanks again for update.

Vickie

Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hey Tony...

In the interest of alerting other users of "known issues" here is the text of the email notification from eBay that I have been receiving on a regular basis.

There was an issue generating the Gallery picture for your listing:Faceted Teardrop Gem Pierced Stud Drop Earrings-3 Color(#120495116830)

Why it didn't work:
We were unable to download your picture named:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata...bimg/322466753_o.jpg

Here's how to fix it:
Either the Internet was very busy when we tried to download your picture and we could not get through, or the Web server hosting your picture is not functioning correctly. Contact your Web server administrator to make sure the server is okay.
You can provide a new URL, or request that we try to download your picture again, by going to:
http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws1/eBayI...V3&Item=120495116830

To fix the error with your picture,click "Resolve issue."

This is an automatically generated email,so we won't receive any replies sent to this address.

This is an automatically generated email,so we won't receive any replies sent to this address.

I was in no way discounting Vickie's frustration with the trouble on her listings. Just saying that for me personally, I'm receiving error messages, even though the "issue" seems to resolve itself.

Hope you guys are able to determine the cause of this glitch. Thanks for all your efforts at troubleshooting.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tony M.:
All,

Following up on my post from yesterday, Development has a fix in the works for this problem and we will have it on the site as early next week as we can.

Again, sorry for the problem here.
All,

This fix I mentioned is now live on the site.

Hopefully this code fix will do the trick and take care of the problems you have been seeing, but if you still encounter issues with gallery images, please file support cases so we can check out the specifics.
All,

I want to clarify a bit as to what our code fix accomplished yesterday.

Regarding errors mentioned by itsjustme and LCD, these are caused by a different problem from the one that Vickie had reported and that our code fix addressed. The problems reported by LCDdesigns and itsjustme are not fixable by us, as the errors are occurring on the eBay side.

Here is a more complete explanation from Mike D, or Customer Support Manager.

"Itsjustme and LCDdesigns are referring to a different but related problem, which is this: eBay's system occasionally sends emails to users indicating that errors were encountered when attempting to generate the gallery images for listings.

In most cases, these errors occur when items are re-listed and the URLs cited in the emails are eBay hosted image URLs because eBay already made a copy of the Gallery Image on their servers to be used as the Gallery Image when the product was originally posted, prior to the relist in question. We are in the process of compiling examples of this behavior so we (Auctiva) can file a our own support case with eBay about it.

In most of these cases that we have seen, the Gallery Images for which the problem was reported ARE there when we review the seller's search results page, so I think eBay most likely has some retry logic in place that gets the Gallery Images generated eventually after the initial errors."

I hope this helps clarify the information we have and what we are doing about these additional problems.

UPDATE TO ABOVE: I have received word that eBay has now acknowledged this additional problem by posting about it in one of the forums they use to communicate with 3rd party developers. They have not given an ETA yet. Hopefully, they will correct the problem, or post an ETA soon. If I receive any more information about this issue, I will post about it in this thread.
Last edited by auctivatonym
I am still getting errors on most of my relists and many of them don't have the pics.

Contrary to Mike's comment, none of them are hosted by Ebay. Further the note from ebay says that the error is because the "Web server hosting your picture is not functioning correctly".

That all suggests that the problem is with Auctiva. Auctiva, are you sure the web server is functioning as it should?
Hi itsjustme,

Yes, even though the error emails you are receiving refer to Auctiva hosted image URL's, it is still a result of the same problem on eBay's side of things that Tony mentioned. While I had mentioned that "most" of the reports of this nature we have seen recently involve eBay hosted image URL's, the problem is not specific to any given image host.

A more basic description of the problem is that eBay's system is intermittently failing to generate gallery images from valid image URL's and they have indicated their technical team is working on the problem.

The latest status update I have received indicates they expect the issue to be resolved on 3/18/2011, but it did state 3/16/2011 yesterday so there certainly appears to be some potential for that to change. We will keep eveyone posted on this issue through this thread as we receive further details from eBay about the status of the resolution.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.