Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme & lookandbuyme,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. We have looked into the recent delays you have reported with respect to the importing of Closed Listings and Sales data and I we were able to identify an issue which appears to be responsible for the delays.

Our technical team has just corrected the issue and, while it may take a couple hours for our system to catch up with the outstanding data that still needs to be processed, we expect that this data will resume being imported as quickly as usual again a bit later today.

I am not aware of any issues that would explain the other abnormal behaviors you encountered over the weekend, but I will follow up with each of you about those through the open support cases you have filed about your respective difficulties.

We apologize for any inconveniences this has caused.

-Mike
Hi itsjustme & lookandbuyme,

We have started to see some additional cases in which eBay listing and sales activity is not being updated within Auctiva as quickly as usual and our technical team is currently investigating why this has continued to occur following our latest change that was intended to address the similar issues that occurred over the weekend.

I will continue to update this thread to keep you, and anyone else who may read this thread, aware of any new information that becomes available on this topic. We apologize for the continued difficulties.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We have since been able to determine that these most recent cases in which it took longer than usual for some listing and sales data to update within Auctiva came about because eBay had blocked us from receiving some of the notifications we rely on to process those updates. Those blocks were just removed so we expect all listings and sales data will resume being updated promptly once again.

If you notice any remaining problems of this nature moving forward, please contact us to let us know by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Feedback not updating here either....

I do have question...semi-related...

itsjustme....could your duplicate issues earlier this week be related to this lag time in closed coming over to this side of the tracks. IF so this really is NOT your problem and perhaps auctiva could go to bat for you since ebay Blocked the notifications?

Just a thought there....as obviously not your issue.
thanks for the suggestion lookandbuyme

i thought it might be related but support doesn't see it that way.

since i list from closed listings, if the item did not show as relisted, i would have scheduled it. closed listings indicates that an item has been relisted. so its entirely possible that the time lag did not show it relisted and therefore i relisted it (again).

i really encourage everyone to go to the active listings folder in auctiva and click on title. that allows it to sort by title and an efficient way to scroll down the list by viewing the thumbnails to determine if there are duplicates.
I too list foorm the closed listings as to me that is the only spot to do it from and be "safe". Just today I had 2 listings not re-list because they would have produced duplicates. I don't understand why others don't have the same thing happen. How do some listings get re-listed and others don't when they are duplicates.
Hi Community,

We believe this this issue is now fully resolved and that all listing and sales data should now be importing into the affected accounts as quickly as usual. If you notice any further issues of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us by filing a support case from the “Help” tab within your account.

-Mike
On way out door so will write here and support when I return but no time right now...

Anyway

- feedback not updating yet.

** trying to buy insurance and it is round and round and round...when she stops nobody knows.... Finally after minutes of watching...I refreshed page to redo and it showed I had purchased...but this was like 5 minutes later.

So something is still not working right....
This is a difficult note to write. I have been with Jeff/Auctiva since the inception. He sold it and moved on.

I stayed with the China group - but - today experienced what I see as the beginning of the end for Auctiva. At least for me.

I tried to start listing - about 50 items immediately this morning - because we had been on vacation for 3 weeks - they didn't recognize my login for over 5 hrs. Five Hours. Never apologized - responded one time with some bull and cock story about it was my issue. Not so. I have been with Jeff since his inception of Auctiva. Now I see Ebay has numerous notices - not bad - just 'adjustments' - so I'm rethinking my connection. -long time user and sad to see changes to my OLD AUCTIVA.

-lINDA
quote:
Originally posted by me-by-the-sea:
This is a difficult note to write. I have been with Jeff/Auctiva since the inception. He sold it and moved on.

I stayed with the China group - but - today experienced what I see as the beginning of the end for Auctiva. At least for me.

I tried to start listing - about 50 items immediately this morning - because we had been on vacation for 3 weeks - they didn't recognize my login for over 5 hrs. Five Hours. Never apologized - responded one time with some bull and cock story about it was my issue. Not so. I have been with Jeff since his inception of Auctiva. Now I see Ebay has numerous notices - not bad - just 'adjustments' - so I'm rethinking my connection. -long time user and sad to see changes to my OLD AUCTIVA.

----------
Auctiva - Tammy - totally unacceptable - you just responded (5 mins ago to my email account) - yet I got into my account over 30 minutes ago with my original user name and password. Did your system get hacked - or.... Bad, bad, bad.

-lINDA
quote:
quote:

----------
Auctiva - Tammy - totally unacceptable - you just responded (5 mins ago to my email account) - yet I got into my account over 30 minutes ago with my original user name and password. Did your system get hacked - or.... Bad, bad, bad.
---------
xxx my email addy I have deleted
Customer
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 6:47 AM
I have tried to log in multiple times this morning and your system tells me I have a wrong password or user name - same one I have used since I started with Jeff 10 years ago! Have requested you send me email with how to change password - thought it would be automated response - but - NO Response at all! I pay my bill each month for this type of service? -Linda

Operating System: Windows XP
Browser: -- Select One --
Adam
Support
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 8:07 AM
Hello Linda,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having.

I would like to inform you that your correct Auctiva account username is me-by-the-sea and it is associated with email address xxx my email addy I have deleted

In order to reset your password for your me-by-the-sea Auctiva account, I would request you to open the following link in your web browser: - http://www.auctiva.com/forgotpassword.aspx then enter the Username (In lowercase only) and click on the Continue button.

Once, you click on the Continue button an automated email will be sent on xxx .com email address that is linked with that particular Auctiva account. In that email you will be given a link, you just have to click on that link and here you will be given the option to reset your password.

You can enter any password you like on the 1st box (you need to enter at least one non-letter and the limit of the password is 6-32 characters long) and then confirm the same password in the second box and click on the Change Password button.

If you are not receiving the password using the above-mentioned link, please check do you have any filters enabled in your email? I‘d suggest you to look for the password email in your ‘Spam folder’ and ‘Junk email folder’.

I hope you find this response to be helpful. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support.
Customer
------------------------------
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 8:33 AM
Just so you are aware - I did enter my correct user name to many times - with my password. I finally resorted to typing in mebythesea with no dashes just in case but to no avail.
xxxxxxx
Customer
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 8:34 AM
Still nothing in my email - I have been trying since much to early this morning! PLEASE send the email for me to reset! I have work to do - listings. This may be the end of our association.
Customer
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 9:12 AM
Still nothing. 24/7? Or whenever you can?
Customer
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 10:07 AM
Amazing! My original user name - and my original password! You had a glitch in your site. Good grief!
Tammy
Support
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 10:21 AM
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this matter and we apologize for the delay in our response, however, we try to respond our customers at the earliest possible but, as this is an email support, we work on the basis “first in first out”. So, sometimes as per the traffic, you may find delay in getting a response from our side. However, please accept my sincere apology for the delay in our response.

I checked our records and found that you have successfully logged into your Auctiva account on 10/6/2012 10:07:00 AM. However, to avoid similar problem, I have sent the password for your Auctiva account me-by-the-sea on your email address /// xxx my email addy I have deleted/// So, you are not required to click on the password reset link. All you need to do is check my email (sent from tammy@support.auctiva.com email address) and log into your Auctiva account me-by-the-sea using the password sent in that email.

I hope this helps. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
xxx.com
Customer
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 10:33 AM
Poor service. Bad happening originally on your end! I have used the same username and password for over 10 years and you locked me out. This is the end!
Customer
Posted Saturday, 10/6/2012 10:35 AM
Give me a break - you guys locked me out even though I tried logging in the same way as always. Bad, bad, bad.

-lINDA
Auctiva, it is Sunday at 4:50 eastern time...AND the feedback is not synced with ebay.

So much for the blog that auctiva posted that contained this:
quote:
actively works to ensure that the Auctiva product will seamlessly sync up with eBay like it has done for over a decade.

Honestly, this has not been in sync for at least 9 days now, and has been out of sync quite a few times before. We have had members suspended because of this sync problem that they had NOTHING to do with.

Have I written support, NO, it is weekend and I avoid weekends....BUT it is known issue, not just to me, but to others too...so really...do we ALL really need to send support notices??? Seems like a waste of time, when this is a known problem.

This is crazy....9 days...

Linda hate to say it but week-end and night support is pretty weak. I think the personnel just wade through their answers. I do my VERY best to avoid asking questions to support during those times. Every time I do it by the time I am done...I am ready to beat my head against the wall!! And usually have no reasonable answers to the questions.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for letting us know this is still an issue. I just sent you this information through the support case you opened on the subject, but I figured that I would update this thread as well in case anyone who is following the thread is seeing the same behavior.

Our technical team has finished looking into the issue that has caused some of the feedback scores of your buyers to incorrectly show as "0" on your Auctiva Sales page and we believe that was a side effect of the issue that was causing the import of some sales and listing data to be delayed after all.

We have not been able to retroactively update the feedback numbers associated with the transactions that were impacted by this problem, but we do not expect this to continue happening with additional items now that the root cause has been addressed.

If you notice this problem with any transactions that close moving forward, please write back to us through your open support case and we will look into it further.

-Mike
This is very strange...I did not get an email indicating a response had been made I checked spam, trash, etc. and nothing there. Checked on phone and computer....

I did go to support and see that you responded at 9:31 a.m this morning...so not sure what is going on.

I just checked and new ones seem to be updating fine.

Thanks very much, I am perplexed now about the email...

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.