Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi BTPS, I HOPE so. I discovered this place yesterday while looking at an ad at eBay. I followed the link and here I am. I signed up and about fell over after surfing the site for 10 minutes. Howeve, if I cannot code my custom templates with these 3 html tags I can't use the service. ALSO, I am very, very, very concerned with the picture outages. I cannot have my listings displaying little red Xs. It will be a good indication for me, to see IF I even receive a timely reply that accurately address my concerns. IF the can be addressed i will be a big cheerleader for the service. Time will tell.
I cannot use this service if I cannot code my template. Is anybody out there? Hello? Please give me the html tags for (title, pictures and description) for my custom templates. Please respond with some type of information. Currently, I do not have customer support where I am listing now, I don't need to move to a new site with the same lack thereof. Please respond in a timely manner. The busy season is approaching and I need to reformat some 30 + templates. Let's get this show on the road. Thank you, Magie
Magie,

I don't fully understand what you are asking. The tags used in Auctiva Clasic allow the software to pick up text, pictures, formatting info etc. from an associated form.

If you paste your currently working info directly into the HTML window, it should work as it always has.

Just lift the HTML from one of your own auctions on eBay. Don't try to import the tagged HTML from your current posting software.

Step by step:
1) Load one of your auctions in Explorer (or whatever you prefer).
2) Highlight and copy that part of the auction body you want to copy.
3) Load Auctiva Web's "Create an eBay Listing"
4) Paste the auction body in the HTML box.
5) Fill in all the rest of the blanks.
6) Click "Save".........
I have a complete custom template. How is Auctiva going to know 'where' to place my (title), (description) and (pictures) within my custom template without html tags to tell it where to place them? Currently, I have several custom templates saved. So, when I go to create a listing, I fill in the title, choose the item specifics, select the template, select the pictures and then fill in a prefilled html area for my description. I either launch it or schedule it and I'm done. The title, description and pictures are then placed within the listing without my having to do it manually. The template is coded. So, when I fill out the title when creating the listing, the title is then placed in the title area. The same is done with the description and pictures. This is what I want to do here at Auctiva. I want to save all of my custon templates and then come in, create a listing. Go in fill in my title, description and pictures and boom, I'm done. Is this making sense? Does anyone understand what I'm saying?
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
I have a complete custom template. How is Auctiva going to know 'where' to place my (title), (description) and (pictures) within my custom template without html tags to tell it where to place them? Currently, I have several custom templates saved. So, when I go to create a listing, I fill in the title, choose the item specifics, select the template, select the pictures and then fill in a prefilled html area for my description. I either launch it or schedule it and I'm done. The title, description and pictures are then placed within the listing without my having to do it manually. The template is coded. So, when I fill out the title when creating the listing, the title is then placed in the title area. The same is done with the description and pictures. This is what I want to do here at Auctiva. I want to save all of my custon templates and then come in, create a listing. Go in fill in my title, description and pictures and boom, I'm done. Is this making sense? Does anyone understand what I'm saying?

so if I understand this correctly nothing has changed since AUCTIVA TOM T post here of 7/1/05 "We'll be adding a way though so that you can create your own template though more like ours,"

I can't use this until I can list with my own template. Any idea when this will be completed?
quote:
Originally posted by dale_j:
Magie,

I don't fully understand what you are asking. The tags used in Auctiva Clasic allow the software to pick up text, pictures, formatting info etc. from an associated form.

If you paste your currently working info directly into the HTML window, it should work as it always has.

Just lift the HTML from one of your own auctions on eBay. Don't try to import the tagged HTML from your current posting software.

Step by step:
1) Load one of your auctions in Explorer (or whatever you prefer).
2) Highlight and copy that part of the auction body you want to copy.
3) Load Auctiva Web's "Create an eBay Listing"
4) Paste the auction body in the HTML box.
5) Fill in all the rest of the blanks.
6) Click "Save".........

What we want to do is to replace the tags from our current posting software that are placed within our custom templates with the tags that Auctiva uses for title, description, payment & shipping and images. Is this not possible? I have over 100 custom templates that I need to re-code with the Auctiva tags.

For instance, the tag in our current posting software for the title of the auction is [#TITLE]. What do we need to replace this with so Auctiva's software will pick up the auction title when we list?

As far as I can tell from reading this thread the closest I can come to using a custom template here is to create an ad using the other software, do a template preview and then copy and paste the source code into the HTML box here on Auctiva. This sort of defeats the purpose of being here in the first place.

When will this feature be available with your current product?

Jackie
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
We're looking into adding this feature this week from what I have heard. I'll post more when I find out.

Get your wish list in now for fields you'd like to have in the templates.

Excellent news. I can tell you right now what tags I will need. They are:

1. Title
2. Description
3. Payment & Shipping Terms
4. Image Tags

If it would help I would be glad to post the HTML coding from one of my custom templates to the practice board so you can see how they are currently placed to work with my current listing software. Just let me know.

Thanks...Jackie

Edited To Add: I usually use an image layout with one large picture and then the rest of the images are click to enlarge, same page. Hopefully this can be done here also. Again, I can post the HTML coding if it would help.
Here is the HTML code for one of my custom templates:

http://www.practiceboard.com/?2086183

The tags (which you can see in the HTML code) are as follows:

1. Title = [#TITLE]
2. Description = [#DESCRIPTION]
3. Payment & Shipping or sometimes called Terms Of Service = [#SHIPPINGPAYMENT]

The code for the image tags is as follows (and, as you can see, also inserted into the template code):

http://www.practiceboard.com/?2086190

When we create an ad using the other service there is a line for the auction title that we fill in and then the description and also the payment & shipping terms have their own boxes where we type the info in. The images are chosen much like they appear to be here. The description box also looks pretty similar but with our other service there is a box similar to the description box for the payment & shipping terms on the create an ad page. Once these boxes are filled in with the info, the title line has been filled in and the images have been chosen we then save the ad. When the ad is launched or previewed the tags automatically pull the information from these areas on the create an ad page and fill it in. This creates the finished ad.

Hope this makes sense.

Jackie

Edited To Add: When we create our ads using our current service there is also a place within the create an ad page to choose which template we want to use. Like I said before, I'm not exactly sure how many I have but there are over 100 of them.
Last edited by thegolddustwoman
Hello out there in Auctiva land. I'm ready to try Auctiva out. Could you please give us the html tags we need for our custom templates. We need them to use our templates. You know, they tell the lister where to put everything. The busy season is upon us - is Auctiva ready?

Of course, you know there is a huge marketplace for your services. I've looked at your lister and it is simular to Vendio's for its ease in use and application. Of course, without the huge bills. Whatever is holding you back, get it together because your lister as potential. You've got to have real customer service. Vendio and Meridian have it. No one else does. So, you could be a smaller version of the very popular Vendio with the fabulous customer service of Meridian. Jump on it guys, the numbers are out there, waiting for Auctiva.

Magie'
quote:
Originally posted by flightoffancy:
Just wanted to pop in and say HI to BTPS, IronChick and golddustwoman. I see there are quite a few of us 'migrants' here!
Well I can say that so far the customer service here seems to actually DO for their customers. I'm waiting for the custom template upgrade to roll out before listing so I guess we'll see how it goes after that.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.