Skip to main content

I was starting to list this morning, went to my saved listings, clicked create similar, and found that my description was gone. If I switched to HTML, it was there but not right, and wouldn't let you click back to standard, and if you start from standard, I cant enter anything in the field? Is this Auctiva or is it my computer?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't think it's your computer! I'm experiencing the same difficulty relisting a saved listing. My decription is there until I go to Preview, and then the description disappears. I went ahead and scheduled the listing to see if the description would reappear, once scheduled, and it did. Now, I have no idea what will happen when it posts tomorrow evening. It's all so frustrating!
Really not much help from me...as not sure what problem could be. But now that is is Monday and regular staff is on, I would write support.

HOWEVER, before you write them. Clear your cookies, cache, try another browser. As more than likely they will have you do that first.

BE SURE you put in the support case that you have done that it may save you a note back & forth.
Hi tman1234 & 2librans,

Thanks for posting about your experience here. Although we will need to work with each of you individually to determine exactly what is going on in each case, it sounds like there may be some specific formatting code in your descriptions that is causing the text not to show up. It is also possible this is being caused by a conflict between some aspect of your browsers and our editor.

The first thing I recommend trying which may resolve this issue if it is a result of a browser related conflict is to clear your cache and then close and reopen your browser as lookandbuyme me mentioned.

If you continue to see the same behavior after doing so, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by tman1234:
I was starting to list this morning, went to my saved listings, clicked create similar, and found that my description was gone. If I switched to HTML, it was there but not right, and wouldn't let you click back to standard, and if you start from standard, I cant enter anything in the field? Is this Auctiva or is it my computer?

I too went through the same problem. I had several listing that the description was gone after I checked for errors. I was having other issues too, so I thought it was my computer and bought a new computer. Needless to say, it still did it. I download Chrome and everything was good, however, now when I schedule our items, Auctiva is taking way to long to post them to Ebay. I have been seeing this and last night I kept an eye on how long it took. 5 minutes later, they finally were post to Ebay. This was not 1 or 2 or 10 of our listing but all, even the ones I relisted. I wrote to support and they always tell me to clear cache, cookies and whatever else, and that does not work to download FoxFire. I do not see how a new computer would have many cookies, caches and whatever else that would cause a problem to upload our items onto Ebay. I am NOT a FoxFire fan, and it took me everything to download chrome, but it worked, except for posting our items into Ebay. Oh and alot of web sites are not supporting Windows for some odd reason, that is why I downloaded Chrome.
Please please please stop saying "everything" is a browser issue and to clear the cookies and cache.

It isn't even appropriate to assume that every issue is related to everything but Auctiva. Too many people are having issues here....it is not everyone else's browsers or their cookies or their cache.

Get rid of the standard scripted responses to address problems. They are, in most cases lately insulting and many of us have told you that we do all that prior to even stating we are having an issue.
It just wastes time....in many cases days because that is the only answer we are getting and it isn't the correct answer and it isn't resolving the issues.

And why not just help people on the boards. Support tickets are answered in order according to other support personnel.....so it taking days to get a response to a support ticket is due in part to referring everyone to file a support ticket.
Use the boards. Share the information. Then responses may actually help other people and will cut down on the response times if a support ticket needs to be filed.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.