Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi josephcook,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. If you are taking your images with a digital camera and most of them are not 500 px on the longest side, the easiest way to ensure that any future images you upload meet this new minimum size requirement will most likely be to adjust your digital camera settings to produce larger images.

By default, the maximum image dimensions your Auctiva account can support are 1280 px x 1024 px so, unless you would like your images to be smaller than that for some reason, I recommend updating your digital camera settings to produce images that are as close to that size as possible.

I recommend reviewing the instruction manual that came along with your digital camera or the help resources available on the manufacturer's website if you need specific instructions on how to adjust your settings in this manner.

If you have images in your Auctiva account which are less then 500 px on the longest side and you would like to enlarge them to ensure you do not encounter issues when you use them in the future, you can potentially resize them using the “Edit” option on your Image Management page.

However, it is only possible to resize one image at a time from the Image Management page as well and increasing the dimensions of an image (as opposed to taking a new, larger version) is likely to have an adverse impact on the quality of the image.

Finally, if you need to update the Gallery images in any of your active eBay listings which do not meet this new requirement, you would need to go to the eBay Revise your Item form for each item and upload new, larger copies of the images in question using the “Bring your item to life with pictures” section.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
mike,

I received an email from ebay with a list of the listings that do not meet picture requirements. I have started resizing the images in picture manager.

just want to be sure:

-after I resize images in picture manager do I need to select them again to put them in the existing listing or would the existing listing when re posted to ebay automatically use the resized image ?

thanks for your help
john
Hi John,

If you use the “Edit” option on the Image Management page within your Auctiva account to increase the size of an image which is used as a Gallery Image in an active listing, you will also need to visit the eBay Revise your Item form for the listing and input the URL of the image to force the copy displayed in the eBay Gallery image to update accordingly.

After resizing the image in question, just copy the URL from the “URL” field next to it on your Auctiva Image Management page and then head over to the eBay Revise your Item form for the associated listing to complete the process.

Then, from the eBay Revise your Item form, you will want to click the “Add/edit photo” button in the “Add Photos” section, remove the existing copy of the photo, click the “copy your photos from a web address" or “import from web” link, enter the copied URL in the provided field, click the “Import” button and then save your changes.

-Mike
Hi John,

Good question!

Based on my testing, it appears it is only necessary to revise such an item after relisting *if* the relist is done using the Bulk Relist option. When I relisted an item for which I had just enlarged the Gallery image from within Auctiva using the “Edit and Relist” option, the enlarged version of the image was automatically placed in the eBay Gallery.

-Mike
Hi itsjustme,

If you have already updated the listings you will be relisting to include the updated versions of your images using the process I described in my June 14, 2013 12:40 PM reply to John above, then the modified versions of your images should remain intact when you use the Bulk Relist option within Auctiva to relist your items.

However, if you have revised your images from the Image Management page within your Auctiva account and the Gallery images in the listings you are relisting do not currently reflect those revisions, I only expect them to update automatically during the relist process if you use the Edit and Relist option.

Provided the Gallery images in the items you are referring to have not updated to pick up your latest revisions, you should be able to update them using the eBay Revise your Item process as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I hope this helps clear things up.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi itsjustme,

If you have already updated the listings you will be relisting to include the updated versions of your images using the process I described in my June 14, 2013 12:40 PM reply to John above, then the modified versions of your images should remain intact when you use the Bulk Relist option within Auctiva to relist your items.

However, if you have revised your images from the Image Management page within your Auctiva account and the Gallery images in the listings you are relisting do not currently reflect those revisions, I only expect them to update automatically during the relist process if you use the Edit and Relist option.

Provided the Gallery images in the items you are referring to have not updated to pick up your latest revisions, you should be able to update them using the eBay Revise your Item process as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I hope this helps clear things up.

-Mike

All of my listings are GTC. How can I go into image management on Auctiva, change the image sizes, save, and have them flow to my ebay active listings?
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi John,

Good question!

Based on my testing, it appears it is only necessary to revise such an item after relisting *if* the relist is done using the Bulk Relist option. When I relisted an item for which I had just enlarged the Gallery image from within Auctiva using the “Edit and Relist” option, the enlarged version of the image was automatically placed in the eBay Gallery.

-Mike

hi, I have started relisting closed listings using edit and relist. After i relisted, if i pull up the listing in ebay active listings is there a way i can check if the gallery picture is over 500. i tried right clicking then either properties or image info but the sizes it shows are still under 500.

thanks for your help
john
Hi clh,

Provided you have posted these items through Auctiva and you would like to enlarge the associated Gallery images through your Auctiva account, you will first need to resize each image from your Image Management page by doing the following:

1) Locate the image on your Image Management page, which can be reached by mousing over the “Images” tab and selecting the “Manage” option
2) Check the box next to the image and click the “Edit” button along the top of the page
3) Click the “Resize” button
4) Update the “Dimensions” fields as desired, preview the image if you would like and then click the “Save” button

Once you have resized the image used in a listing, you will then need to use the eBay Revise your Item form for that listing to make a copy of the resized image for use as the eBay Gallery image, which can be done via the following process:

1) Copy the URL of the resized image from the “URL” field displayed next to it on the Image Management page within your Auctiva account
2) Visit the eBay Revise your Item form for the listing
3) Click the “Add/edit photos” button in the “Add Photos” section
4) Delete the previous copy of the image that is too small
5) Click the “import from web” link along the top of the interface
6) Enter the Auctiva hosted image URL from step 1 in the “Copy your photos from web address” field and click the “Import” button
7) Click the “Save” button once the import is complete
8) Save your changes

Please keep in mind that, according to the information posted on eBay's help page located at http://pages.ebay.com/sellerin...rerequirements.html, *only* listings created, revised, or relisted starting July 1, 2013 that do not meet the picture quality requirements are subject to listing blocks or removal from the eBay site.

Also, I recently discovered a tool that is designed to make this process easier for sellers, which you are welcome to check out at http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytoo...istingPhotoSizes.htm. We are not affiliated with this tool and cannot make any claims with respect to its functionality, but we have received feedback from multiple customers indicating it has been immensely helpful so I figured I would mention it.

-Mike
John,

I am only able to reliably view the image properties of eBay Gallery images in listings which do not have the "zoom" feature, but you should be able to confirm whether the images in the items you have relisted meet eBay's new image requirements by going to the eBay Revise your Item form for each and looking in the "Add Photos" section.

If any of your Gallery images do not meet the minimum requirements, you should see a message above your images which says "__ of your photos must meet our quality requirements. For details, click the photo marked with an orange warning flag." and there should be an orange flag in the upper right corner of each image which does not comply.

You also might want to check out the tool I referred to in my reply to clh above.

If you are using your eBay Gallery Images in the description as well, you should also be able to confirm that they are compliant during the process of relisting each item using the “Edit and Relist” tool by viewing the preview of the listing, clicking one of the images in the description to get to the supersized image page and then viewing the properties of each image from there.

The versions of each image that are displayed on the supersized image page are the ones that are submitted to eBay for use in the Gallery so, if those are compliant with eBay's new image size requirements, the copies that end up being used as the Gallery Images should be compliant as well.

If you find that the Gallery Images in any of the items you have relisted in this manner still are not compliant and you are not sure why, please file a support case from the “Help” tab within your account which contains a couple specific examples and we will be happy to look further into what may have gone wrong.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.