quote:
Originally posted by idf:
Ebay is saying I can move over early, trying to figure out if there is any $ benefit for me.

Knowing 'dbay its not.

Anyway, what do I have to do to switch them over, anyone know what settings on bulk revision?


Let me know if you can find any $ benefit. In reading there boards even from people who think the change is good they say there is nothing to gain by changing now.

If fact the feeling is not to so we keep the nervous and guessing.

I am just changing some of me store inventory and double listing it as FP30 to see if there is a large change in sales and views.
HI- GOSH. you guys SHOOT ME please. Confused (ok Tony it is your perfect chance to shoot me. . we need a little gun smiley on here. can we get that Tony?. .please)

I got off of 1 hour and 45 minutes with ebay live and several reps who just wanted to send links and I asked for cut & pastes of trying to get answer to how we will save $$$$.

After pulling my hair out and a valium (wish I had some after that talk).

The only savings is Pictures. We get free 12 free pictures or free picture pack.


they do try to shove this off as you are saving $89 ish $$$ by doing now? But in theory unless someone else cares to push them that is no savings in my book other than pictures which frankly they could send me nothing showing pictures will start free now. .only their word? Smile

OK.. please don't bail on auctiva for photos. .because they do offer other features besides the pictures which is what I first moved over for. i.e. for me a big one is. . We have holiday items, we can take them off after holidays and let them sit in auctiva's little storage hole. On ebay after 90 days they are dropped. We have an actual place to hold our pictures I am not sure if ebay hosts anymore as have not used theirs in years. There are other features.. but most of you know them.. but I feel most came originally for same reason I did .. pictures only. We still get scrolling gallery and others that we would not get.

IF someone wants me to send them the entire chat, I did save it maybe they can read between the lines.. because I sure missed something.. but did ask the same question.. numerous ways.

Good luck if anyone can squeeze more out of them MORE POWER TO YOU!! Big Grin
There 12 pics are a joke. I started using Auctiva not only because of the pics but the scrolling gallery(even thought they can't get mine to center)and I had a custom gallery made. Sales increased when I started using all these tools.

I haven't but will start adding text to my pics as this helps in SEO and ranking. Plus you have much better control and display with Auctiva.

I have also opened a AucComm store and I can send my inventory over there with Auctiva.

I will give ebay 2 or 3 months to prove I will make more and then weight my options. But I agree that the junk will flood the listings and the new exposure will get lost in the 1000's of listings that you have to wade through.
They actually had to fumble for the free pictures.. it took or more 2 reps with lots of consults in between to pull that out of the hat. . other than that they just kept saying you are saving $89 something for the next 2 months if you go ahead and sign up. Even when I told them I list through auctiva so pictures did not interest me.. they still pushed this $89. ish savings. If anyone on ebay reads this.. I hope they will explain what else we
get for for moving before this Feb. 15th MONEY SAVING deadline. .rather than waiting until March 30.

Auctiva.. anything we are missing here that you know of . . or am I trying to hard and overlooking the obvious. Sometimes my elevator does not go all the way to the top.. so this could be over my head. Big Grin
Somebody asked several posts back about the change over of store listings to FP. It is our understanding that eBay will do it automatically, as lookandbuyme posted.

Regarding fees, I would pay attention to listing enhancements; it is my understanding that some of these may be more expensive as fixed price than under the existing store model. That can add up over a number of listings.

eBay has a post on their site that gives more details if you haven't found it yet. eBay Fee Update, Note that the new fees are effective midnight March 30th, which may throw some people off as the 31st is the last day of March.
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
They actually had to fumble for the free pictures.. it took or more 2 reps with lots of consults in between to pull that out of the hat. . other than that they just kept saying you are saving $89 something for the next 2 months if you go ahead and sign up. Even when I told them I list through auctiva so pictures did not interest me.. they still pushed this $89. ish savings. If anyone on ebay reads this.. I hope they will explain what else we
get for for moving before this Feb. 15th MONEY SAVING deadline. .rather than waiting until March 30.

Auctiva.. anything we are missing here that you know of . . or am I trying to hard and overlooking the obvious. Sometimes my elevator does not go all the way to the top.. so this could be over my head. Big Grin


Now there is even less reason as I just got a email that from Feb 2 till march 30 all store owners with good ranking will get any FP listing for $.10.

Keep them sweating don't go for there BS.
I got that email too.. guess they have to do something to get people to move things around before March 30th when the crazies are sure to hit. Apparently, sign now and save is not working for them and they are trying to do something to get people who are dropping off to stay.

It is about time they ran a promotion. . though FREE would make it really SWEET! Roll Eyes

I can't believe the ebay "spin" on what we will save and that people may actually buy into that crap-o-la.

Also.. if anyone uses subtitles.. better make sure they are removed . they will be $1.50 when this change takes place.. just in case someone missed it.

Vickie
Question.. this 10 cents has the time start and end time is below. The new fees start the 30th.I assume right after midnight on 29th which is early morning 30th. but I can't find a time it starts assume when this ends.. but wondered. I tried live to verify and they say no agents available. (they probably blocked me after yesterday Smile. I just would hate to find it started say at midnight on the 30th to find that we are going to be charged 35 cents each for the listings for the few hours difference. Obviously if that is case, I frankly would probably pull all listings and restart at properer (cheaper time).

HOpe this makes sense.. I am probably over-thinking this. Razz

If anyone has info. on start time for 30th. ..please let us know.. (just checking my back here)

When is it? This promotion starts on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second on Tuesday, February 2, 2010) and will end on Monday, March 29, 2010 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds) (the "Promotional Period"). For listings on www.ebay.ca, the promotion will begin at 12:00 AM plus one second on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 ET and end on Monday, March 29, 2010 at 11:59 PM plus 59 seconds ET.
I think that the one benefit in making changes now is that fixed price listings appear in the search with the core items. I am not positive that this is the case now but it will be after 3/30.

That said, I can't bulk revise my store listings and turn them into fixed price listings.

Auctiva--is there a plan to do that?
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
HI- if you are waiting to do your listings until end March ebay will automatically change them all for you.

Would be nice to go ahead & bulk change all of them through auctiva on LIVE auctions.

Vickie


Have you put in a support ticket on this. Maybe they will let us know where they stand.
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Hi I have not, was on way out door when I responded to this and planned to do just that tonight...when I get home and get my "thinking cap on". however. . the more that write the merrier. . if you get my drift.
Thanks.. and will when I get home tonight.


Done. Will post here when they respond.
Marine. . LOVE your store! Nice looking. Do you mind sharing who set up your page? They did excellent job. I need to have something done for my clothing and cosmetics and found your different and very nice.

ANYWAY.. .

I wrote last night asking how we can edit ACTIVE LIVE listings through auctiva to take advantage of the 10 cents listings, and here is response I received this morning from Auctiva's Todd. I wrote back asking about the new 10 cent promotion and how to change LIVE active listings.


quote:
Posted Thursday, 2/4/2010 2:32 AM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter.

There is no such update reported to us yet. If eBay makes changes in March, Auctiva also needs to be updated accordingly, hence you will be informed if automatic changes are to be implemented within Auctiva.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Marine. . LOVE your store! Nice looking. Do you mind sharing who set up your page? They did excellent job. I need to have something done for my clothing and cosmetics and found your different and very nice[QUOTE]

Thanks.. There were two people who pulled it off Jean'et from http://www.nelsoniq.com/ did my Auctiva template but had never played around with a Auctive Commerce store so Michelle G. from http://www.btgdesigns.net/ did the AucComm store.

They both had great prices. You will find Michelle in almost every forum in the top section as she is always helping people out. I also paid for a hour of her phone training and it was great and neither one broke the bank.

Here is my anyway. Smile I wrote them and they answers with the same kind of canned answer so I wrote them back. Notice the again statement. This was my first ticket on the subject.

--------------------------------------

Hello Mike,

Thanks for contacting us again regarding this matter.

I would like to inform you that as of now we do not have update regarding this matter.

At this time it is not clear how our listing page will be effected as a result of eBay's changes. After eBay makes their changes we will update our listing tools in compliance.

Please look for site changes and notification emails for details on the exact adjustments we've made.

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support.

------------------------- Below is my reply to them---


I was kind of not looking for the canned answer. This is something that we need now as eBay wants us to change to FP.

They are reducing the insertion fee to $.10.

So what we need now is to be able to be able to bulk change store listings to Fixed Price.

-----
Can't wait for this reply Big Grin
I have inquired about the same issue as you. I have filed 3 support tickets and I get the exact same responses that you have received.
quote:
Originally posted by Marine Supply Direct:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Marine. . LOVE your store! Nice looking. Do you mind sharing who set up your page? They did excellent job. I need to have something done for my clothing and cosmetics and found your different and very nice[QUOTE]

Thanks.. There were two people who pulled it off Jean'et from http://www.nelsoniq.com/ did my Auctiva template but had never played around with a Auctive Commerce store so Michelle G. from http://www.btgdesigns.net/ did the AucComm store.

They both had great prices. You will find Michelle in almost every forum in the top section as she is always helping people out. I also paid for a hour of her phone training and it was great and neither one broke the bank.

Here is my anyway. Smile I wrote them and they answers with the same kind of canned answer so I wrote them back. Notice the again statement. This was my first ticket on the subject.

--------------------------------------

Hello Mike,

Thanks for contacting us again regarding this matter.

I would like to inform you that as of now we do not have update regarding this matter.

At this time it is not clear how our listing page will be effected as a result of eBay's changes. After eBay makes their changes we will update our listing tools in compliance.

Please look for site changes and notification emails for details on the exact adjustments we've made.

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support.

------------------------- Below is my reply to them---


I was kind of not looking for the canned answer. This is something that we need now as eBay wants us to change to FP.

They are reducing the insertion fee to $.10.

So what we need now is to be able to be able to bulk change store listings to Fixed Price.

-----
Can't wait for this reply Big Grin
quote:
.
I wrote last night asking how we can edit ACTIVE LIVE listings through auctiva to take advantage of the 10 cents listings, and here is response I received this morning from Auctiva's Todd. I wrote back asking about the new 10 cent promotion and how to change LIVE active listings.

Hi! Sorry the response you received didn't address your question.

Unless I am missing something, I don't believe that Store listings you currently have live on ebay would even be eligible for the .10 insertion fee promotion by just switching them over to fixed price.
You can end your Store inventory listings and then repost them as Fixed Price to receive the discounted rate. It was my understanding that new listings would get the .10 insertion fee, but not items that are currently listed in SIF.

eBay mentions this near the bottom of the promotion details:
promo details

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that Wink
[/QUOTE]Hi! Sorry the response you received didn't address your question.

Unless I am missing something, I don't believe that Store listings you currently have live on ebay would even be eligible for the .10 insertion fee promotion by just switching them over to fixed price.
You can end your Store inventory listings and then repost them as Fixed Price to receive the discounted rate. It was my understanding that new listings would get the .10 insertion fee, but not items that are currently listed in SIF.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that Wink[/QUOTE]

Rebecca is correct, but it sounds like Auctive didn't have a clue either about this wopper of a change and sale.

End them early change them in Auctiva post them and you get the discount. Make sure you have the correct duration as they default to 7 days.

Been doing this all week just before they expire.
We need a way to bulk edit the profiles. All references to Buyers being responsible for items lost in shipping need to be removed.

I can understand that we can't make the adjustment while the items are active, but it would be a great thing to bulk edit when we relist.
quote:
Originally posted by itsjustme:
We need a way to bulk edit the profiles. All references to Buyers being responsible for items lost in shipping need to be removed.

I can understand that we can't make the adjustment while the items are active, but it would be a great thing to bulk edit when we relist.
Didn't this have to be done last fall? I edited all my listings when ebay announced that last year--did i do all that work waaay before i had to?

I edited my profiles to remove my statements about me not being responsible for lost items and the insurance blurb. That automatically updated my saved listings that were using those profiles.

Not worth my time to edit the closed listings that I wanted to relist since so few are eligible for the insert fee credit. I just post a new listing from a saved one. That way I'll know it's correct and i won't have to worry about it. Last thing i need is to be on feebay's naughty list.
Butterflies.. that was last fall. However, I read somewhere that they are just beginning to enforce it. I learned alot through that change.. about what actually goes into the description area and what I put in profiles. It is much easier to fix the profile than the listing. I am sure most of you thought that out way before now. . just thought I would share that in case someone has not.

Of course, now in process of pulling all listings and re-doing again with the fixed price format and 10 cents listing fee.


http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
That's a smart way to do it. Can you imagine what it will be like on ebay march 30th when they are changing all the store inventory over? how can they handle all that without disrupting the site? and screwing everything up?

I noticed that you can change the subtitle (remove it) on active ebay listings using that revise live listings tool. Was that what you were trying to find? Or the tool that revises your saved listings? I've tried them both when i had to change alot of ads all at once.
Hi- quick question.. I am sure you have thought of, but just in case you have not. You DO realize that just moving store listing to fixed price in ebay you are not getting the 10 cents fee they are running right now???
I am 99% sure I heard you have to officially end the listing and then totally re-start it to get the 10 cents special.

Just a thought and a hair off subject. Smile

Vickie


http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Hi- quick question.. I am sure you have thought of, but just in case you have not. You DO realize that just moving store listing to fixed price in ebay you are not getting the 10 cents fee they are running right now???
I am 99% sure I heard you have to officially end the listing and then totally re-start it to get the 10 cents special.

Just a thought and a hair off subject. Smile

Vickie


http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY


Vickie,

You are correct.

If using Auctiva end the listing in eBay, go to closed listings, import to saved and revise it to FP. Watch the duration as it defaults to 7 days.

Right now I am listing for 30 days then I will rethink my lower priced listings and maybe bundle them closer to fee day.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×