Skip to main content

I am a long time Firefox user and just switched to google chrome because of it's Java restricting features and speed. Everything on Auctiva works great except when you are editing a listing in the WYSIWYG and hit backspace after it will jump the insertion carrot back to the last time you hit the enter key. For example if I start under "item description" in the editor and type:

"this is a test" {enter key}
"and this is another one" {backspace key}

It will jump the insertion bar back to just afterafter the "t" in "test".

I notice this only happens when I have the font set to a size other than default such as "24". I assume it has something to do with the SPAN tag and chromes handling of it in the editor. I notice that only a paragraph tag is used if you do not change the font or anything.

Has anyone else had this problem?

[edit]
Looks like this is a bug in CKEditor and I am not seeing things. The bugtracker is here:
http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/8617
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Same here, along with other issues. Have not written issue on forums because I did not want to hear it was just me. . but since others are mentioning. . figure it must be an issue with chrome. Plus, honestly, I did not take the time to figure out EXACTLY what I was doing and be as precise in writing it up as you have. . . GOOD JOB! Great explaining!!

Seems lately each browser does its own thing best and none just do it all PERFECTLY so trying to remember what works in which one and go arounds is getting to be a full time job.

Guess Tuesday someone with auctiva can shed some light on this. Has anyone written support??? IF so what did they say? If anyone writes should clear browser cache first and let them know you did it...or they will tell you to do that first. I will write on Tuesday, but find weekend support frustrating to me.

Thanks very much.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi Community,

Thanks for posting the details of this problem here. I have been able to confirm the behavior described by the original posted using the latest version of Google Chrome and have send the details over to our engineering team for further investigation.

I am inclined to agree that there is a compatibility issue between the Design Editor 2.0 on our site and the latest version of Google Chrome which will need to be addressed, although I am not sure exactly what that will entail at the moment.

I will update this thread as additional information on this issue becomes available. We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

-Mike
Hi lookandbuyme,

I don't believe this could be related to the problem you reported in support case # 514128. The saved listing which you had trouble editing contained some abnormal formatting code our editor could not have created (referring to the term “-webkit-”) which proved to be the source of your formatting difficulties.

Initially, the description of that listing was showing up in completely different sizes depending on whether it was viewed through Firefox or Chrome. However, once I removed that abnormal formatting code from the HTML, the text appeared the same when viewed through Chrome as it did in Firefox and I had no trouble changing the font and size of the text using either browser.

If that problem was a result of an inherent conflict between the Design Editor 2.0 and Google Chrome, the problem would have persisted once the abnormal formatting code was removed and that did not happen, at least during my testing.

If you are still encountering similar difficulties, please feel free to follow up with me through that support case to describe what you are still having trouble with and I will do my best to help you out.

On a related note, we have since confirmed that a patch is available that should fix the problem the original poster began this thread to report and we expect to be able to incorporate it into our next planned site update which will likely take place within the next few weeks.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Auctiva Am not sure what went on, but if you changed that listing, when I went on it was same way it had been, scrambled??? I went in and changed it myself. . so if you changed also, something did not work on it when you did. I followed your instructions and did it. Such a hassle not having select all and stripper.

Also, not sure how it could happen except auctiva system, as I do not cut/paste listing from other source, rarely when I do I put in notepad to strip it, I normally do the old fashioned way typing in auctiva form.

Anyway, fixing other problem will be great guess we should step back to foxfire, juggling between two is a PITA.

Thanks for update
Hi lookandbuyme,

I did not actually save the change that I described when I responded to your support case. I just tested out the process on my end to make sure it would work and then provided you with the instructions on how you could make the change yourself, so it actually sounds like everything went as I expected.

I cannot be sure how the abnormal code was introduced into the description of the listing, but I am confident that the specific HTML that caused this particular problem was not created by any of the tools on our description editor.

-Mike
Hi- I just started using chrome again, as was having problems getting image upload to work without waiting forever in foxfire and internet explorer is welllll, internet explorer.

This was addressed in May 2012, and this is still a problem???

The problem is as the original poster posted, they did a great job of describing exactly what is going on I am going to cut/paste that section:

quote:
"this is a test" {enter key}
"and this is another one" {backspace key}

It will jump the insertion bar back to just afterafter the "t" in "test".

I do not know if this is a continual problem that people have just learned to deal with or if it was fixed.

On May 29, 2012 , problem was acknowledged, details went to engineering for further investigation. then went into possible compatibility issue, etc. (see post by Auctiva of that date for full details)

Also said there would be update this thread as additional information on this issue becomes available.

There were additional posts but can't find on this particular issue, other posts were about another issue which I thought could be related but were not.

Auctiva..this is first time I have re-tried chrome. Nothing has changed with backspace issue for me.

Has this been dealt with??? Is there something we need to do to get this working. It is driving me bonkers!

Is anyone else having this issue???

thanks
Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for checking back in with us about this. Although I was previously under the impression that we would be able to incorporate the editor patch expected to resolve this Chrome issue into our next update back in May when it was acknowledged, we have still not been able to make that update to the editor so nothing had changed in that regard.

I am uncertain when we may be able to implement this particular update at the moment, but I still intend to update this thread as additional information on the topic becomes available. I apologize for the delay.

-Mike
Thanks...for response....I am speechless and quite irritated to say the least, all I can say at this point is:

W@W OVER 7 MONTHS SINCE THIS WAS PUT ON FORUMS! TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!

This is a necessary function for us to work, it is not like this is some kind of thing that is a luxury unneeded item. Please fix some of the go arounds. Yes, there are new things we would love to have to make our selling easier...But this and a few other things are not luxury fixes, they are needed for us to list in the most efficient manner.

I never had this problem before switching to the new design editor. We need to be able to go back to that until auctiva has patch and update for issue.

Auctiva, Is there a browser that we should be using that we do not have to remember go arounds in order to list and use all features properly??? If so please let me know...as switching is pain.

So now I have to load photos in chrome, as foxfire takes forever to actually open to load (loading is fine, if you can get it to open fast). It does open just takes couple of tries. Then go back to foxfire to list.... *everthing is updated, etc.) seems a little time consuming to me to say the least. There is no obvious go around for this as I see it other than juggling act.
Hi Community,

We installed a patch for the new version of the description editor as part of our site update earlier this morning and, as a result, the behavior described by the original poster should no occur when using Google Chrome. That being said, we have also noticed that the whole webpage will now shift one line when the "Enter" key is pressed and a patch for that issue may become available in the future as well.

If you notice any other issues of this nature moving forward, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.