Skip to main content

Starting on Tuesday, my Auctiva listings have had a few bugs which, as a whole, have prevented me from sending my listings to eBay. For example, there are formatting issues in my text (some text jumps to the bottom of page in Preview); sometimes I can't delete photos or the screen jumps when I attempt to delete; sometimes no Return Policy option is offered in the Checkout Options box (this one has been happening for a few days); etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I've already cleaned out my temporary files, etc.

Thank you.

Todd
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

I'm not certain what would be causing the behavior you have described but we did conduct a site update yesterday to introduce some new code so it is possible that you may just need to clear your cache and close and re-open your browser for your previews to start looking as they should once again.

If you continue to experience this problem after trying the above measure, please contact our customer support team about this using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

If you end up needing to do so, please be sure to include an example of a saved listing that exhibits the problem and a description of the text that is getting misplaced when the preview is rendered.

-Mike
Oh yeah everyone. It's "our computers" again. WE have to clear our cache and cookies, and viola! Auctiva will work great! (not for me, unfortunately)

Ever since yesterdays "site upgrade" it's been big time, screwy to say the least. It was working GREAT for 4-5 days (after a month of chaos), then they decided to again fix what wasn't broken. Now it's totally broken again, all over. JUMPY screens when creating a new listing is SO ANNOYING!!! TAKES FOREVER TO SAVE new listing too. Click on box to upload a photo and it takes you to the top of the page. Click "save as new", then try to go to "saved listings" and it tells you that you will LOSE your new listing, do you really want to leave the page? so then you have to use the SCHEDULE button at the bottom.

OK, that's 10 minutes of my precious time right here. I could spend 1/2 hour describing each glitch but with the site eating my time away I can't afford even 5 minutes. If all was running smooth I might be able to afford an hour.

But Auctiva never believes our complaints until it's too late. Their employees must be on a "special" server - maybe one that works perfectly.

I seriously hate to keep whining and complaining but MAN, I'm really tired of the CONSTANT CHANGES they keep making and when they DO "fix" stuff? They BREAK IT even more! Ugh!
Okay, I took Danno's advice and posted the HTML on www.practicewriter.com. Here are the results:

http://practicewriter.com/vu/?5DEB1

The headline "2 Antique German Beekeeping Books" should be at the top of the text, followed by the Description, followed by the "```O```" symbol and payment and shipping details, with no wide gaps in between sections. It looks normal on my Auctiva page, but as shown when I Preview.

Thanks,
Hi GrayRabbit,

The code immediately gave me a clue it was copied from Microsoft Office / Word, possibly prior to the new Word paste feature (icon for that on the description toobar). However, even with that feature, you can have a result that may not be the exact same as the original word document. Word operates with an incompatible mark-up language to HTML, and that can cause visual differences and even hiccups like code moved to other than desired location.

The better methods for desktop creation for a later copy - paste to Auctiva are a plain text editor, like Notepad, or a real HTML editor with true HTML and CSS encoding.

This may not explain everyone's problem. It's possible they updated the FCKEDITOR, as part of this update, and that might have it rechecking code. http://www.fckeditor.net/ I do know they (FCKeditor) are constantly working to improve that editor and do have an improved Spellcheck. I'm hopeful Auctiva is working to bring back that feature, and incremental steps create a path.

Danno
Thank you, Danno

Great news -- I started a new listing from scratch, and I no longer have the formatting errors. Everything seems to be working well. The screen did jump up when I hit "Schedule," but I scrolled down and hit "Schedule" again, and it seems to have worked fine.

So for now ... I recommend that anyone having formatting problems to creat a brand new listing.

Thanks,
Hi Community,

The issue discussed in this thread is related to the upgrade of the description editor that was included in our site release earlier this week. I have posted about this issue on the following thread in the "News" section of our community forum: https://community.auctiva.com/e...081020411/m/41210619

If you have any other questions regarding your Auctiva account, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
All this week I've had trouble listing on this site. I get different problems with each listing and I try to do the same thing each time, jumping screens, can't remove images, etc. It's wasting vast amounts of time and I'm getting fed up with it. Ever since the changes a few weeks ago it has never been reliable. If you don't sort it out very soon I'm going to stop using the site and go back to eBay because it is so frustrating. Please STOP fixing things that ain't broke. This is a problem with web people everywhere - they can't stop fiddling with things!

shkpilot

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

The issue discussed in this thread is related to the upgrade of the description editor that was included in our site release earlier this week. I have posted about this issue on the following thread in the "News" section of our community forum: https://community.auctiva.com/e...081020411/m/41210619

If you have any other questions regarding your Auctiva account, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
Hi Folks,

If you are using IE8, try the View Compatibility button on the toolbar for use of the Auctiva site. The news link suggested that IE8 may be a problem. That button helped the IE8 beta users view/use the site by placing the browser in IE7 mode. Look at features window at mid-page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windo...xplorer/default.aspx

IE8 may still be buggy until it's had a few months of patches / fixes / updates, which is why I'm sticking with IE7 for first 60-90 days. Not suggesting you switch back to IE7, just try that button for a test.

Danno
Danno, I too, am using IE7 - having tons of super annoying problems since the "upgrade". (never mind the problems were bad enough before that). Totally JUMPY screens, cntl + F not working in the view html box (I NEED that on a reg basis!), takes forever to save and/or schedule, and when I hit certain buttons in the create a new listing page it JUMPS to another area - except for the area I need. Much of my html isn't working correctly - ie: bullets are acting weird. I'm just as fed up as a lot of these people with Auctiva making constant changes to stuff that ain't broken!
quote:
If it's problems with the description box editor, are you doing any cut and paste from Microsoft Office / Word, and not using the Paste from Word button on the toobar to remove incompatible code?

Not doing that. Trying to add to descriptions and it jumps to top of description. Try to save and it jumps to description. Many of the same problems womandi mentioned. Just a pain!
Hi,

Cntrl-F after "clicking" inside the box gives me the standard Search pop-up box, which I believe that key sequence is suppose to do in Windows. I typed in a search word that exists in the text and it highlighted that word instantly in the text. Are you not getting the pop-up search? Are you not clicking inside the box to set the start of search area? Not clicking inside the box at being of the text, and then using Cntrl-F with a search word (same) did give a "Text Not Found" result for me.

Jumpy....could be slow loading for some, i.e. it's not finished loading so jerks to a final position on complete. I'm on cable internet, so probably can't replicate a slow load problem with the page. Are you using dial-up?

Danno
quote:
Try to save and it jumps to description.

Yes, I'm able to duplicate that with IE7. A second attempt to Save works.

Danno

Edit: It only does that when the cursor is left inside the box. The "cursor" positioning on the page may be the issue associated some of the reported misbehavior.

Work-around is click outside the box, then Save.
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. I am able the behavior described about with the "Save" button in Internet Explorer as well and I have reported this issue to our engineering team so they can look into getting that corrected.

In the interim, as Danno mentioned, the "Save" button should work the second time if you just get bounced up to the description section of the listing when you click it the first time.

-Mike
I am have so many new things happen now that we have the new update. Like others I have a very jumpy screen. The other and even more annoying problem is using old templates to make new ones is now causing problems that never happened before. The spacing seems to change from one listing to the next as well as occasionally rearranging it. I can't seem to do what I used to do. I used to use one listing and just make a few changes to it then save it as new and schedule it. Now even starting from scratch is causing me some problems.
I don't understand it. Things are still jumping and listings seem to morph from one use to the next. I will make a listing then "create a similar listing" from the one I just did and the description is all messed up, different font, spacing, etc. I have considered using "pay for" Auctiva services but am reluctant until the non-pay for stuff is fixed. Too many horror stories for a finacial commitment at this point. BTW this happens with IE or Firefox for me.
I am having font problems with my profiles. They do not show up in the font that was saved in the profiles I have been using for months.......sometimes it's bigger, sometimes smaller....sometimes it says the right size font but I can see that it isn't.....it is sometimes double spacing (which I don't want) sometimes not. Sometimes I can change to the font/size I want...sometimes not...I'm wasting a lot of time messing with this. I use Firefox....please advise.
Mine, except for the jumping, is currently working. What I did was copy and past the text into Word. I edited it look like I wanted it to there. I also, when I pasted it, said to match destination. Once I had it like I wanted it I deleted the description in the listing I was working on then pasted the new one back. I had done this before and not had it work, this time it did. Not sure what I did differently but I must have done something as for the first time in days it's working, for now. I used to use Vendio but they were charging me nearly $200 a month for the service. I can put up with a lot for $200 a month! :-)
quote:
Originally posted by queenofcollectibles:
I am having font problems with my profiles. They do not show up in the font that was saved in the profiles I have been using for months.......sometimes it's bigger, sometimes smaller....sometimes it says the right size font but I can see that it isn't.....it is sometimes double spacing (which I don't want) sometimes not. Sometimes I can change to the font/size I want...sometimes not...I'm wasting a lot of time messing with this. I use Firefox....please advise.

Same problem here. FONTS and SIZES on ALL saved listings have changed. Pain in the *ss!!!!
The new editor seems to prefer CSS inline style over font tags for it's own code creation. That's not really any surprise, as most of the modern up-to-date editors tend to avoid obsolete (termed depreciated) code.

I would have to see code examples to run any checks or speculate on why it's dropping fonts and sizes, other than if those were originated from incompatible sources, like Office/Word.

Posting examples is always the best method to get assistance, and to get Auctiva's attention, i.e. giving tham a quick way to replicate a problem.

Danno
I have been away for a month and today was looking forward to getting up and running again.

I spent an hour with one listing doing just about everything described in this thread. Jumping to another part of the screen when trying to Preview or Save.
The Description Editor is absolutely awful...changing font sizes and spacking and moving things around! What on earth happened while I was gone? It's OK..I know...an Upgrade!
I have been with Auctiva a long time and have always loved the system as it is so easy for me to use however now we are talking Codes, CSS inline and a lot of other technical terms!

I finally launched 6 listings then went into eBay and revised each one as that was the only was I could get them to look presentable.

Please...I just want it to work like it always did.
quote:
Originally posted by womandi:
JUMPY screens when creating a new listing is SO ANNOYING!!! TAKES FOREVER TO SAVE new listing too.

Hi womandi. I totally agree about the jumpy screen. When I create a new listing, or modify an existing listing, I get the jumpy screen when trying to save. Click SAVE. Screen jumps half way up. Scroll back down. Click SAVE again.

Funny thing though. The first one I work on doesn't jump. Only the rest do. Weird. Mad

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.