Skip to main content

I just joined and almost all of my Ebay store listing are gone!!! I only have 15 items in my store I had 320...I see closed listings??? what does that mean??? I don't know what I got myself into here I should have read a little into it before I joined Frown ughhh....what is going on please help me somebody. Thank you so much for your time.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Relax and breathe deeply. It will be alright. This is common with third party listings Part of eBays anti-fraud program to make sure your account was not hijacked. Your listings should all re-appear in a few hours. That is one of my pet peeves with Auctiva. I love the service but they do lack in letting newbies know what they can expect upon initially joining. I actually started a thread on here awhile ago about this type of thing. Perhaps you would like to look at it and possibly add your voice to it and make a comment? Smile Auctiva PLEASE step up!
Don't worry!!!

This is unfortunate, but normal ~~ they will be back.
Read this link, it will explain:

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/579609941/m/6321054352

In fact, just go down the line in this section and you will find many similar questions. As far as I know from what I've read here, there is nothing that warns new members of this practice......Frown

You can always go to the help button at the top of this page and file a support request if your questions aren't answered to our satisfaction...Auctiva support is GREAT and will always hekp you out.
Choo they hear us and see us but I guess they just do not care / give a S**T I really thought my post Auctiva PLEASE step up!would serve as a catalyst to get some possible action. If you noticed when I posted
quote:
what is the possibility of creating an advisory board with input from Active Community members? I believe a brainstorming session would greatly improve our ability to be pro-active members of the site.Possibly a private invitation type of forum where ideas and input could be freely exchanged back and forth without less seasoned input if you catch my drift?
I understand the cost and time implications involved in setting this up but I believe the overall benefit to the site would ultimately pay off in a better user experience and bottom line for Auctiva.
There was ABSOLUTELY no response to that
I don't know I guess we are just beating a dead hose here maybe.Per Auctivas ?Mission Statement? for lack of a words
quote:
Welcome to our online community. We have added this area so that customers can discuss and solve problems they encounter, share tips and tricks, and anything else Auctiva. We realize the importantance of timely information to our customers and know that we aren't always available 100% of the time. It is our hope that in these cases you will be able to use these boards to reach out and help each other.
It is all great when we step in to save some poor Joe or Jane that is panicked because of the things they are experiencing when first signing up.
Auctiva staff does check on other boards and step in at times but it just seems as though we loyal users are left to battle it out in the trenches while staff thinks up ways to add Battle Bids???? and other trinkets and baubles Confused
Well I shall surrender my soapbox for awhile! Big Grin
Well Taz you know an issue is contentious when the usual quick responses from support stop dead and we receive a reply like we do not have to reply to everything written here.

The reply from CEO Jeff in the thead you linked to above was, quote :-

"I read all the suggestions. I don't feel I need to, or owe, a reply to every post or question. I take all suggestions into consideration. There is no way everyone will always agree with my decisions.

We keep track of the number and time of registrations and cancellations and there have been no problems with either maintenance or eBay 's hiding listings. I check those stats daily."

This was obviously the last word so unless the overall trend in new users takes a dive we (Auctiva) do not care about losing a few, this to me is becoming a callous statement considering how much hard work is put into writing listings even by decent small sellers only to have very nasty shock on joining Auctiva.

Considering the particularly litigious society we live in and even more so the way it appears to be in the USA I wonder how being sued by a sellers relatives after a seller has a heart attack will go down ?

I would be sad but it will not be on our consciences and we (users) would not be in court.
Last edited by choochooguy
Choo I do believe you read my mind!
quote:
The reply from CEO Jeff in the thead you linked to above was, quote :-

"I read all the suggestions. I don't feel I need to, or owe, a reply to every post or question. I take all suggestions into consideration. There is no way everyone will always agree with my decisions.
I was going to include that snippet in my post but saw the length it was getting and decided to leave it alone.
That certainly did seem like a very flippant statement and totally surprised me!
As most of us are aware Auctiva is the gateway to other things that make money for them. Keeping Auctiva free does make good business sense. But IMHO better business sense dictates listening to your users whether Newbies or seasoned veterans.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.