Skip to main content

I read a little yesterday but was side tracked and as Ms S says, didn't know where to jump in ( or was that someone else? Wink )
Yes this is epic in proportions. No point to it, that's kewl.
Wow a Dummie Guide for Seller Details and Profiles....very good idea. I admit I was lost when I started. The tutorial didn't cut it either. I used the tutorial literally when I started. Then I made about 10 masters, then I panicked and settle on "one". I have a mess out there, a conglomeration formats on about 150 listings......not all active but in limbo til I decide what to do.
Now I want a new store front. I am not sure how that will affect what I have out there already....or if it even will. So I go in circles.
I didn't see Jeff's addendum here, should I?
I see it's ok to just talk to myself here too.....this is good.
Are all you avid participants from England?
I am from Oregon! Pronounced Orygun!
If I were younger you could call me Miss, or Mrs. but I prefer neither nor any!
N is for Nena.
I have English ancestory....does that count? I love English humor.....altho I'm not good at it.
OK off to work now...I was HERE!
No way to preview post on here huh? hmmm....I'm still waiting to see why I can't use FF on the community forum......would help with spelling.
Hi from the UK Nena, Pete and I seem to be the only Brit's on the epic-thread although I staunchly refer to myself as English rather than British !

Nearly 9pm here I uusally catch the US contigent on their way to work and if I am up late enough or earlier enough in the morning here I can catch the US 'night shift' threaders.

I am sure the others will say hello shortly, Choo Smile
QUOTE -- anything you say will be taken down and used in evidence .. "Knickers",

Choo, that must be a British thing. Never heard of it Confused

OK now I'm trying to aim my x-ray eyes over toward Germany to see what's goin on over there..

Did Pete really take the Tardis??
Is he really in Chicago, spying on yours truly?
Is he trying to steal Taz's fuzzy slippers???

Hmmm...what's he up to over there?? Big Grin Eek
Well Miss M I certainly do not want boxers with a free gift inside. Pete PLEASE send my free gift to the DSG!
Work is going OK getting ready to give my notice and proceed to the next job. Went for my pre-employment physical and screening today, had to drink almost 1 gallon of water while there to fill my lemonade cup! Sat in the screening room from 1:30 to 3:15 before I could make lemonade!Had to be at work at 4 and it is a 30 minute commute and I had to go home to get ready! Needless to say today was a call in to work with a dead battery day! Better late than never!
This new job is a really great job but I am not enamored by the thought of working swing shift! One week of each 1st, 2nd, 3rd on a rotating basis!
YAY Taz, glad you got the job!!!!!
Does this mean I won't be getting any more free pretzels ?? Wink
Whatcha going to be doing if I may ask? I always wanted to work in the morgue, but don't have the right license (Yeah, I'm definitely a darksider) Big Grin And no more school for me, yuck!
Swing shift is a major drag, but if you like the job it'll be ok. I do it sometimes too, just not that often .. you know how I love my 2nd shift Smile
The company I am going to work for is a well established company with offices all across the US and also in Australia and China. They branched out into a coal mining branch which makes a resin for setting mine supports.
This particular branch has been in existence for about 3 years and has 5 US locations with a 6th opening soon.
Basically a ground floor opportunity with plenty of advancement potential.

Hoping to be able to use my degree in computer networking and my experience with upgrades and repairs to advance quickly.
EDIT:
quote:
I always wanted to work in the morgue, but don't have the right license
Use to date a girl whose father was a mortician! 16 year olds with wild hormones running around in a mortuary is a scary thought!
Yup sorry no more free pretzels!
quote:
BTW, are some of these questions here getting goofier, or is it just me? It seems like a rash of really bogus questions or something
I was just getting ready to ask the same thing!
One unanswered question on the board is actually viable but the other one is so out in left field I think the fish is drowning and flailing about!
Sorry Taz, had to get an email off to someone, didn't mean to ignore you. (Choo on the other hand, I will ignore) Big Grin Kidding!!

Sweet dreams...talk tomorrow Smile

Whoa, hold on a minute...did you say 'sugar plums' ?? Not exactly in keeping with my vision of you Big Grin Big Grin

EDIT - sounds kind of Christmassy doesn't it? 'Vision' and 'sugar plum' ?? Ummm I think it's time I turned out the lights too Eek

Pardon my lack of manners N - welcome!!
Last edited by member8880
Hi Ms M, got me all confused now with your swift edit, 2AM on the e-mail notification of this text and 3AM when I look here, oh, well, it's afternoon here about 3:30 pm, dull and almost sunset.

Better where you are or just another grey'un ?

frantic eidt, that might explain it if taz is another zone westward, spelling chucker, duff !
Hey Choo (c'mon, tell me your real name,,,you can find a way) Wink

Yep, I edited my time (it WAS 3 AM, see I'm still tired) after looking on a map, Taz IS in another zone (isn't he tho Smile hi Taz) he's an hour ahead of me.

We actually have sun today..makes the 2 tons of snow and freezing cold seem so much better Frown

I thought it was always gray in England???
"I thought it was always gray in England???"

Not all the time, just seems like it at times, certainly isn't white, we rarely get much snow around London these days or rather years, when we do no one expects it and an inch or two causes chaos.

Keep snow for the leisure pursuits and Christmas cards, and have I a name, yes, judging by someone I tried to help yesterday on another thread not a very good one, but that's their problem.

Temperatures generally between about 5 and 10deg C here during the day, that's rather warm for us normally expect hovering around freezing.

Still February to come that's usua;;y the worst time for the cold here.

This is getting rather sensible feel the urge to again backwards write Big Grin
Don't you dare!! NO writing backwards! My brain is too tired to read anything right now..Frown

I'm just going to keep bugging thr carp out of you for your name Big Grin Check my BC link for a hint to let me know....I promise to keep it to myself Razz

ps..you'd be surprised at all the 'real names' I know but I'll never tell Wink

EDIT - we really DO need a lunacy button somewhere.......
Well you're a big meanie aren't you Wink poor Pete, it's a wonder he even speaks to us. I was thinking more along the lines of getting him a 'welcome back' something. (and by 'something' I mean,well, 'something') Big Grin Eek

Yeah, as for ninth...he deserves a BIG whackin' for deserting us like this...oh, maybe threatening him with a whackin' isn't the best way to get him back???
quote:
'welcome back'

Errm don't you mean a "whacking back", well all you need do is entice back with those eyes of yours and then .... whack Big Grin

On other hand why not get Nena to coax him back and when he's not looking Whack Big Grin

Hate to meet you on bad day, apparently good ones seem a bit iffy, and me a big Meannie who encorouged poor little me to set up that poll for Pete, (hope you're watching Pete Wink )

I think you a bit like that character in Kirsty MacColls song, Ms Otis regrets .. , a little too handy with the club Razz

Where's Taz, need some help here Eek
quote:
Hate to meet you on bad day, apparently good ones seem a bit iffy

Oh you really know how to flatter a girl don't you Wink

Speaking of whackin tho, I wouldn't mention N and ninth in the same sentence or our good friend Miss S will GET you for that Eek

You know how he loves her web Wink

EDIT...still waiting for that name (tapping foot, rolling pin in hand)
Well Shadeaux doen't seem to be around much either, that would bring her scampering out across her web to see off any possible competion and probably devour it.

quote:
still waiting for that name (tapping foot, rolling pin in hand)

Good grief I was right about iffy, I'm hit right between the eyes with a stereotypical wife image, thank goodness my wife understands me (too well most of the time).

Not telling yer Razz
Oh no not the frozen rats, is that what Ms M uses to whack us with now, I'll bet she makes sure the tails are shaped correctly for either throwing or cudgelling.

That must be what they are there for afterall how can someone not remember they have rats in their freezer that's darn right weird, if not scary, what else is in there. Big Grin

Snake batons, cat claw knuckle dusters !

I'm safe, remember customs . ..
Well just hope you don't have a power cut and they return from the dead, he, he Eek

Meanwhile ...

"still waiting for that name (tapping foot, rolling pin in hand) "

For the record Ms M to complete the stereoptype full regalia includes, hair curlers and net, ciggy hanging from lower lip, wrinkled stockings slipping down and tatty slippers.

Don't be shy you can tell us, we won't tell anyone about your other life Big Grin
quote:
For the record Ms M to complete the stereoptype full regalia includes, hair curlers and net, ciggy hanging from lower lip, wrinkled stockings slipping down and tatty slippers

I am SOOO gonna get you for that!!! I could ignore you but you already have a wife so you must be used to that Big Grin

Now if I had said 'baseball bat' that would have brought up a whole different image wouldn't it?

You'll never know where or when I'm gonna strike... Razz
quote:
could ignore you but you already have a wife so you must be used to that

Yep, confirms I'm married don't it Wink

And I forgot the pinny, how could I.

"Now if I had said 'baseball bat' that would have brought up a whole different image wouldn't it?"

Yeah sure would, baseball cap, complete with Aussie duster, cigar, rotweiller and rigger boots = Mrs T Eek Eek Eek

What do you say Taz, Ms M's got the temprement !

(I hope you (all our viewers) are conjouring up these images in your minds, further suggestions are welcome if you dare Big Grin )
quote:
Originally posted by member_8880:
quote:
Hate to meet you on bad day, apparently good ones seem a bit iffy

Oh you really know how to flatter a girl don't you Wink

Speaking of whackin tho, I wouldn't mention N and ninth in the same sentence or our good friend Miss S will GET you for that Eek

You know how he loves her web Wink

EDIT...still waiting for that name (tapping foot, rolling pin in hand)
OK what does that mean??? Am I in some kind of trouble and don't know it???
I am still figuring out who all the culprits in/on epic are....give me some time I will figure it out.....but what is the reference to??? I gotta know.
Come on Ms N don't play all innocent, your name's been brought up in the last few pages, so a spider is out to get you when she reappears.

"You Brits sure do talk funny"

Oh boy that's a good one from the USA, pinny, 'apron' ties around the waist protects the dress from blood when administering the rolling pin to errant hubby, cor I don't know 'guv what a to do, too right, we'l I'll go to the foot of our stairs ....
N do not worry there is nothing sacred here in our little epic! Just good fun and ribbings of all who dare venture into these hallowed gates. I get ribbed quit regularly. Lately have been referred to as a youngster, due to a dating relationship I have going right now which has been mentioned several times in these pages.
So no you did nothing wrong and really nothing much seems to make any sense on these pages.
I do believe I am the sane if somewhat outspoken one of the bunch.
Boy did I just open the door for a Clobberin!
Jeff S, this is sort of our little kick back and relax area. Usually just good natured ribbings and some jokes. Occasionally someone goes OT and discusses something serious here.
It seems that a few of us had gotten in the habit of "talking" on other threads and hijacking them, so in order to maintain proper netiquette this thread has resulted. Started by one of our own so no way to consider it hijacked. By all means join the merriment if you wish!
All quiet now, here's me all refuelled ready to go and everyone has gone, oh, well couple of comments.
quote:
do believe I am the sane if somewhat outspoken one of the bunch.

Good grief, Taz the sane one, he must have eaten a mutant pretzel, what on earth does that make the rest of us Eek Ms M whack 'im.

Hi N, yes got to sort out this avatar thing, I thought when the name was Jeff I thought good grief the 'Jeff' anyway where has he gone, scared off by Ms M or Ms N, anyway a US steamer and the name Jeff, that is too confusing for us simple souls. Roll Eyes

See you around in 7 hours or so, g'night Big Grin
Hey all you fellow Asylum inmates.
...yltsom
Just poppin' in to say Welcome N. Jeff too if you're stickin' around. Heck, even if ya aren't. Smile
Taz, good explanation there for what this thread's about. However, I don't know how you got your reasoning about the youngster referral.
That's ok. You just go fer it (like ya need to be told)!

Miss M, methinks you're the one needs a good ole fashioned whackin' here!Wink

Choo, now just how do you know me so well!!? What's up with that?
*hgual s'hctiw dekciw* !oot god elttil er'uoy dnA !ytterp ym uoy teg ll'I *rehtegot sdnah gnibbur*

I'll get all yee scurvy laddies and lassies! Whackin's all around! Aaarghh! *runnin' to get me proper attire* Big GrinBig Grin
Why thar ya be my wicked little spiderette. I see ya got yer witch's hat on tonite, and ar a cooking up somthin' in that thar pot a yonder. Better not be non o my fly buds in thar, or else I'll hafta give ya a bite or two, maybe on that big spider belly ya got thar. Wink

As for the rest of you denizens of this here thread, don't think I aint been a noticin the strange goins on around here, beins I is such a skulker in these here parts. That be accordin to a certain wooly whacker who likes to keeps rats in her larder I've a heard.

As fer ya newcomers to this here bundle a wildly wasted bits n bytes, and I mean the likes a YOU, N and Jeff, and anyone else bold enough to step into this here jumble of discombobulated mental activity fit only for the Asylum, welcome one and all! Eek Eek Eek
Hey there Miss M, now you know me and Miss S wouldn't even think of hoggin the thread like we so rudely did before in such spectacle-like fashion. We just thought we might step aside a bit and let some of youse fine folks make spectacles of YOURSELVES. Can't say we're too disappointed by what we see going on around here. I hope Choo puts up a better fight hiding his name from your x-ray eyes than I ever did. Maybe a couple of your whacks will wear him down a bit? Big Grin And no fair going to some other site to get that secret info and hiding it from all the rest of us good buds who are just dying to know. Wink
Oh believe me I've tried ninth...he doesn't think he can trust me not to spill it (pouting).
He might actually enjoy a whackin, so I don't think that will work either Frown
But I might just whack him for fun anyway....now where'd I put that baseball bat??? (I don't even own a rolling pin) Big Grin

And at least speaking for myself, I've missed you guys making spectacles of yourselves Big Grin
You're so good at it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Well now Miss M. maybe he needs a little more of the RELENTLESS bit of cajoling that had my defenses crumbling in no time. I bet he is already a bit nervous and hoping this subject would just quietly go away. FAT CHANCE CHOO! It's your turn good buddy! Now I still have that Louisville Slugger around here someplace I tried to fend you off with, but turned out to be totally worthless. I'm sure however, that in the hands of a skilled whacker such as yourself, it would be an effective persuader upon our recalcitrant Mr. Choo.

Did you read what Miss M just said about us Miss S? Now Miss M, we were only trying to provide a little entertainment for our little 16000+ hit thread here. Nothing extravagant, just a little song and dance routine. So there. Wink
Darn, I already donned me red shirt and brown pants! Got me rollin' pin all ready. Oars too. Oughta be worth somethin' for whackin'!
brb *quick change*
Oh my! You sweet li'l fly, dangling visions of fly bites... how can I not put your buds in my brew! They're toast, I tell ya! Toast!Wink

Miss M, surely you jest!Eek Oh, what's a spider to do!!Roll Eyes

Choo, you best be gettin' up Real early... your avi is at stake! Big GrinBig Grin Jeff, won't that keep us on our toes! Confused
I want some o' that ticket action Ninth if ya don't mind sharin'! Pleasssse??
What's gonna happen now...
Who's gonna change their avi? Will it be Jeff, who has been registered the longest??? Will it be Choo, who we see the most hangin' 'round these here parts??? Will it be Neither???
Oh, this is gonna be good!Big Grin
Miss S, ok go ahead and put them buds in your brew. I don't want no stinkin' competition anywho. I is kinda hankerin to have that big spider belly all to myself, so get cherself ready for some o' them thar bites!

Choo, its up to you now good buddy. Looks to me this here Jeff feller done threw down the gauntlet wouldn't ya say? Best not let this one go unanswered, your reputation's on the line. Big Grin
Choo you have been judged lacking by a jury of your peers!(Me as I am de only one ere at da moment)( Due to yer obious impertince of not promptly answerin dis post) Punishment is deemed to be assimilation.We are Borg and you are now to be considered one of none!
As such your duties will be relegated to swabbin da decks and custodian of da brown pants.
JeffS ye have been promoted to custodian of da Red shirt!
Guard it well as the imposter may be lurkin about and tryin to steal it frum ya!
(Danger Will Robinson! Choo does not Play Well with OTHERS!
Edit: Lessn dere names be equated with DSG!
Ye've nae been warned and forewarned and bakerds warned!
Proceed at yer own risk swabbie!
Alright then and there, that's the spirit! I knew the ol' Choo wouldn't let us down! Freight trains at dawn? Single track? Holy smokes! I this gonna be GOOD or what?! "Steamed up and ready to go"!!!!

Stand by folks. This could go nuclear if i know the ChooGuy! Ya gots a pretty good claim there with your name an all. That carries some pretty heavy freight were I come from. I think we'd best stand back aways!!! Eek Eek Eek

Just a few tickets left folks, get while they're hot! Don't be left in the dust, sittin on the side of the tracks!!! Tickets! Tickets! Get yur tickets here!!!!
Miss S,Gotta wait till the weekend to try to invent those new pretzels. Frown My sweetie went to Pittsburgh for the week.
Choo it is way past dawn here stateside. Surely the sparks should be flying by now?
quote:
Awful lot of train traffic here today. Popular icon all of a sudden.
Jeff S just throwing up a smokescreen to confuse Poor Ole Choo
Hey Choo, I thought it was to get on board... help ya build steam. Big Grin And to confuse Jeff. Smile
Taz, what are you up to there!? Pickin' on Choo like that! Shame on you!! Bad Taz! Bad!! Bad! Red Face
And I thought you came over to the dark side!! Frown

Where IS Miss M? Get over here girlie! We need to do some serious whackin'!! Whack some sense into Taz till his honey gets back. He's runnin' amuck!! Eek

!oohC !oohC ,kcalc ytikcilc ,kcalc ytikcilc...
quote:
a smokescreen to confuse Poor Ole Choo

~And that's pretty easy to do (running away now before I get a whackin) Big Grin Big Grin

Choo, I forgot to tell you, I borrowed the DeLorean and you're not getting it back Smile

Poor Jeff..see what we made him do Frown Don't worry Jeff, I'll change mine back soon. It's gettin too hard to tell who wrote what.

Big HI to everybody else Smile
quote:
It's gettin too hard to tell who wrote what.

Isn't that the point? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I dibs th' DeLorean next!

Strange goin's on around this here thread!

What's gonna happen with th' engine avi's? Are you guys done? Surely there's more to it than this! Peeps have TICKETS for goodness' sake! Eek
Did I sleep too long? What'd I miss?? What time zone is this?
I wondered which dawn sparks will fly.
It dawns on me...
This train jus' does Not fit my persona! Wink

!oohC !oohC ,kcalc ytikcilc ,kcalc ytikcilc...
quote:
Sure you can have the DeLorean next..gotta keep it away from Choo as long as possible, since he won't tell me his name

Right then Ms M I will upgrade your ticket to VIP* class and give you the front row seat on the train wreck of the year, that is on the cow-catcher Wink

Then you can use your x-ray eyes to derail JeffS before impact as you will have a vested interest, as I said may the most devious driver win, he, he, where's Muttley got to ... Big Grin

I hope catering will be supplying enough cookies, pretzels and rats for the viewers gastronomic delight.

*(Very Irritating Persons)
That other train image was too small. This one's better. I remember when I took this shot ten years ago. That engine barreled by at 70mph and the earth shook as it went by. Awesome. I was about 10 feet to the side of the tracks, still camera on one tripod, video camera on another. If your browser supports right click->view image (Firefox does) you can get a better look at the larger original.
Wow, JeffS why on earth did you use off-the-shelf avatar pic when you have your own great picture like that, have enlarged it up to take a closer look.

With such a shine to the paintwork suggests its a preserved engine working a mainline special, right ?

quote:
Choo..don't think I didn't see that

Ah Ms M not ignoring me all the time then Wink
Just popping in to say Hi all. Miss S
quote:
Taz, what are you up to there!? Pickin' on Choo like that! Shame on you!! Bad Taz! Bad!! Bad! Red Face
And I thought you came over to the dark side!!

I was a covert OPS spy and really just came for the cookies but never got any cookies anyway. Ninth got all da cookies Mad
Miss M when do I get the Delorean?
JeffS great photo! My area has a K-4 getting restored right now. It has been in Scranton for sometime and Altoona is getting upset that things are moving so slowly.
Welcome to the madness Thurston!
Taz & Choo - Thanks for the welcome. I'll be here more often now that I know that the club isn't that exclusive.

member_8880 - Thanks for using the site. Hang in there - I have over 1000 little pics on my desktop being sorted for upload in the next week or so. It gets nothin' but better...

BTW - do you have to host the pictures here to use them on the board? I've tried the links at Emotipics put haven't yet been able to make them work.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Raoul Duke

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.