Skip to main content

Has anyone noticed that the "Find Product" portion of the listing screen is not working? I sell books and we are required to list from the eBay product catalog. From my Auctiva saved listing profile, there is an icon to "Find Product" about 1/3 of the way below the title area. You click on it and search for your item and choices appear. You then click on the bullet to choose the book you want, which takes you to a second screen where you verify that you want to add it to your listing. This is the way it has been for YEARS.

The 2nd portion of the process is not working today for me. I can find the book in the initial search, but after I choose it and hit "next" to get to the final screen, I get an error message that says the product search isn't working and to try again in a "few minutes". It has been hours.

I filed a support ticket and was told that it would be looked into, but to just list directly on Ebay for now. Then revise my listing on Ebay by copying and pasting the html from the Auctiva saved listing into it. That way I could list from the eBay catalog.

This is laborious, and very time consuming, and completely unacceptable because I am paying Auctiva for the service of being able to list through it.

Has anyone else encountered this difficulty today? I have listings on hold right now because I have not been able to launch them with the products from the search. Thus I am losing money, while paying for the service.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Help??

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am very angry about this same issue. There is no way, when we are paying for this service, that we should have to use the work around you have described as Auctiva's solution. There also should be a better message than "Try again in a few minutes" when I have been trying for hours/days. Someone at Auctiva, please address this issue - it is imperative for book sellers to have access to this feature NOW. If we have to list using ebay's listing system, then we may as well just list there all the time, and forget about paying fees for your non-service.
Hi wjoycem & Sadie,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. Ebay has received made some changes to the way their product catalog integration functions for select categories (including those for books) and we are now seeing the behavior you have described when sellers attempt to use the “Find Product” option for listings in those categories.

Our technical team is currently working to update our system to account for these changes and we get this option working again for the categories in question as soon as possible. Although I cannot offer a specific estimate of when the issue will be resolved at this point, I will update you through this thread as soon as any additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconveniences this is causing. I hope to have some good news for you soon!

-Mike
Thank you so much for your reply, Mike. It helps to understand that this was created by, once again, an Ebay change. But anyone who depends on this feature really needs it back immediately, so whatever the technicians can do to speed up the fix would be greatly appreciated. Please stay in touch about it if you can.

By the way, Sadie, I would suggest a much easier work-around than the Auctiva rep suggested initially.

Here's what I'd do: via Auctiva, just create your listing normally in every respect except adding the product from the Ebay catalog. Go ahead and launch the listing via Auctiva as normal. Then go into your Ebay account to revise the listing, and simply add the book to it. It's much, much simpler and quicker in my opinion.
UPDATE: It looks like Auctiva is actively working on this fix - the product search shows a more detailed layout now. I just tried creating a listing for a book using it, and did not have any problem at all. I think it's all good now. But we will see how the actual listing launch goes and what it looks like on Ebay. Thanks, Auctiva!
Hi Sadie - I believe the answer to your question lies in what type of account you have set up on Ebay itself. For example, if you have a store or not, and if so, which level, etc. Auction fees may be different from buy it now listings' revisions too. To be certain of what fees Ebay will charge you for doing something, you'd need to double check the site there. I have a Premium store and there are no fees for revising a listing by adding a product from their catalog, but that might not be the same for everyone.

As for the fee estimate box on Auctiva, I would not pay any attention to it, as it may not apply to your specific account on Ebay, so definitely don't rely on that for accuracy.

Additionally, I just created a listing and I think the feature is now working. Yay!!
Hi Community,

As wjoycem noticed, we did release an update to our site a little while ago which has made it so it is now possible to select products through the "Find Product" interface when listing in these categories, but such listings are currently failing to post due to API errors which state "Invalid value for ProductID".

Our technical team is actively working to resolve this remaining aspect of this issue and we will have this situation fully resolved as quickly as we can. I will continue to keep you posted through this thread as things progress.

-Mike
Thanks, Mike for the information. I actually just did a listing and the Find Product worked and the listing posted without error. Hopefully, it is now up and running again. I appreciate all the efforts being made to correct this situation.
wjoycem: thank you for the information about the listing fees. I do not have a store, so my cost for listing is fifty cents if I don't use the catalog and five cents if I do. Makes a huge difference in my total listing fees.
Hi Community,

I just received another update on this issue from our technical team and am pleased to report that the remaining aspect of this issue has also been resolved, so you should now be able to select products for items in these categories using the "Find Product" tool AND post them to eBay successfully.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us know. Hopefully all will be well from this point on.

-Mike
Thank you, Mike, for getting this resolved quickly. WE all appreciate it very much. I have listed successfully with the newly revised product search and everything appears to be working fine.

Sadie: you are most welcome. You asked a really valid question about whether or not Ebay would refund you those listing fees if you listed initially without the Ebay catalog and then later revised the listing to include it. That IS a huge difference in cost, so I'd encourage you to seek an answer to that question for future reference if it ever comes up. You may need to call eBay if you cannot find the information on site. It's a pretty specific question, so you may not find the answer without calling, but I'd pursue it if I were you. Once your volume of listings/sales warrants it, I'd recommend getting a store - even a basic store will reduce some fees for you. Just a suggestion for what it's worth.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.