Skip to main content

As Cara has pointed out in the News Forum, we'll be taking the Auctiva website and services down on Wednesday morning from 6am - 8:30am to put out our latest new features.

This specific thread is here for you to let us know about any issues or bugs that arise from the release. We'll have a different thread to chat about the new features.

Thanks,

-Kevin
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Minx41...whenever maintenance is being done on Auctiva, your scrolling gallery will not show any items as it slows the maintenance down.

Once maintenance is over, all will be as before.

I, too wish I'd known it wouldn't be the usual maintenance time. I wanted, needed to work on getting some auctions up and running.

Please tell me this isn't going to be any automatic additions to our auctions such as the counters and public stats as happened once before.

Thanks,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
Minx41...whenever maintenance is being done on Auctiva, your scrolling gallery will not show any items as it slows the maintenance down.

Once maintenance is over, all will be as before.

I, too wish I'd known it wouldn't be the usual maintenance time. I wanted, needed to work on getting some auctions up and running.

Please tell me this isn't going to be any automatic additions to our auctions such as the counters and public stats as happened once before.

Thanks,
Donna

Thanks Donna for your quick reply, everything looks a bit squiffy at the moment so I will wait until the maintainance is done and see if it all goes back to normal, Margaret
The site should speed up shortly. When we come back online, there are a lot of requests to the site that slow everything down. Some features we have need to rebuild their cached data as well and this causes an initial slowness when the site comes back online.

We are monitoring everything to make sure nothing went wrong with the release that is causing site slowness. Will let you know if we do discover anything.

eBay giving works is on our project list. However, I don't have a definite date for this. The one positive side in regards to this feature is that eBay now allows you to revise an item and add Giving Works options. This was previously not an option through eBay.

-Kevin
We are looking into the tax rate issue. This is a new feature that allows users to use the tax rate settings specified by their eBay account, on eBay.com.

Also looking into the image reports.

Your profiles and seller details that were saved previously should still have all the data they originally had. I would make sure to NOT resave anything if it does not properly display when you edit it.

-Kevin
Problems we've seen thus far:
1. API Errors stating Tax beyond allowed amount. Problem with this is, we haven't implemented any taxes to our listings.

2. Images are without ability to be removed from saved listings. When you do click remove, the gallery picture goes blank.

3. Link for checking status of a case appears to have disappeared. None of us see, it...probably right in front of us???
AUCTIONS NOT POSTING TO EBAY! Cannot get any response to this! I went in and listed an auction (or tried to) 4 times and it won't post to Ebay! Cannot get any help on why this is happening or due to the maintenance. If it's happening to me, it's got to be happening to others. Nothing is wrong on my end - everything's up to date (tokens), everything - anyone else not having any auctions post to Ebay?
The image issue is happening for anyone who has specified a "custom gallery or eBay header image". If this is the case for one of your saved listings, I recommend not saving or posting it at this time. We will have the problem resolved shortly.

If you are using a gallery or eBay header image that is the same as one of the images already displayed for your auction, there should not be a problem.

-Kevin
if I keep trying to post, and they dont show up, will they all popup at once on ebay when the issue is fixed? b/c I may not want all the ones I have tried and if so I dont want to keep trying to post , if they are all going to show up.

how will I know the issue is fixed? without continuing to try to post?
Everyone needs to be sure their auctions are set up for the correct curency. When I was making a new ad it had the C$ sign as the default symbol. I changed it to $ and hopefully that's for USA dollars. I think the default should have been $ since Auctiva is located in the USA. There's no way for me to delect photos when I'm using a similar listing to create a new one. I don't have a "Delete" to click.
People, calm down. Get your listing ready on Microsoft Word. That's what I am doing now. I can still upload my pictures, get them ready as soon the site is up and running.

If you would like to complain so much, why don't you switch to a PAID service. It's not like other services are 100% perfect.

Someday your internet connection may be down (EVEN when you PAY your bill on time).
EVERYONE...STOP...give the Auctiva Team some time to fix it. They are working their tails off. They'll get it fixed. Just take a chill pill, relax a moment. Everyone crying about tax API errors, listings not posting...just hold up a bloody moment n' it'll go again. It's not as fast as we'd like I understand, but Auctiva is by golly, made of humans, n' just like you working on the lawn mower, it takes a moment to get things fired back up!
We're running an update to resolve the issues with images. (Can't remove, ebay header image is blank, etc).

Unfortunately, this update is on the database and is causing everything to slow down a bit. Customers are probably noticing timeouts sporadically as they navigate around the site.

The ETA for completion of this update is 10 minutes.

All other major reported issues should be resolved except for the tax table problem, which is continued to be investigated.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by solidasarock7:
hey wolfman , Theyll fix it. chill

Rock, glad you have time to sit & "chill" - some of us have to work for a living and try to squeeze in a bit of this stuff while we're on break or lunch hour. Can't do that if the site doesn't work. I have been coming back to this all morning and it still isn't fixed - after he said it was...
quote:
Please tel me if the ones I have been trying to post will all pop later.
thanks

Check the scheduled listings page. If they are marked as an error (possibly tax table API error?), then they will not retry and post later. You would need to reattempt the posting.

If they are in the "posting" status, it would be best to wait 15 minutes and then see if it is now correctly flagged as posted or failed.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by wolfmanwillie:
quote:
hey wolfman , Theyll fix it. chill

Rock, glad you have time to sit & "chill" - some of us have to work for a living and try to squeeze in a bit of this stuff while we're on break or lunch hour. Can't do that if the site doesn't work. I have been coming back to this all morning and it still isn't fixed - after he said it was...

Here's what I suggest. Post your listing on eBay, just like regular through eBay. Use "List Similar" or whatever you can do. Once you're done with that, you can later on add images from Auctiva to your listing. If you're really desperate in listing some items, you have to find other ways to do it.
I'm not here to complain since I know this is a free service... But it is just my luck that after weeks of getting organized, I stayed up until 4 in the morning last night getting my VERY FIRST batch of auctions ready to schedule, and they don't post... I didn't want to have auctions ending in the middle of the night, but that would have been better than no listings at all...

I'm showing the tax error and cannot get in to even view my listings. I listed one before midnight, offering free combined shipping, and would love to have potential buyers able to see that I do indeed have other items for sale, while that listing is showing on the first "newly listed" page! I hope this gets resolved soon!
I appologize about the 10 minute ETA that was posted earlier. Due to heavier volume on the website, the update is taking much longer than expected.

If the update does not complete in another 10 minutes I will do what I can to stop the update and we'll look into another method of resolving the issues people have had with gallery and ebay header images.

-Kevin
I can't get images to load with Firefox. In IE all SEEMS to work okay (if slow) BUT I cannot SAVE, SCHEDULE OR POST a listing. Get an error & have to start all over from scratch. If you can't SAVE, SCHEDULE OR POST, what's the point of having the site up at all? It's an exercise in frustration. I'd rather have the site down altogether than to have to keep trying every 1/2 hour to see if it's working... and finding out that it's not. Frown
Kevin,

I'm sorry you are being bombarded with questions, but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to actually take the site down to help the update process? I'm sure 95% of users right now will just continue trying to edit listings and further slow the servers and database. Since the site is unusable right now, wouldn't it make sense to just take it down and push the fix?
I agree andrea. I'm thinking about the options I have right now and one option is to completely bring the site down and run our update while we're offline.

This was a human error on our part. This update should have been run before we came back online this morning. However it was missed and we elected to run it while the site was up and running, which has caused major site slowness issues.

On another note, we have found the remaining issue with the tax table API error. This fix will be going out shortly. I'm hoping that once there are less errors in the scheduling process the update mentioned above will be able to complete.

In no way should our site still be down right now, especially due to the increase in volume due to the season and ebay listing discounts. We are doing everything we can to get back to a stable state.

-Kevin
I'm not able to access my saved listings, so I'm going to take a break for awhile.

I'll be uploading them tonight -- assuming everything's back to normal.

Until then I'm going to get out of here and let them work. Might be good advice to everyone. No use paddling upstream in the rapids when there's smoother waters ahead. A few words of wisdom worth about 1 cent after inflation. Smile
Agreed, at the end of Ebay's free listings, very bummed. And in daytime hours, very bummed about that ... should have been done between 3am and 6am. Posted two listing, never showed up, checked scheduled - both listings are there saying there were errors regarding TAX ... Can not access either listing now AND at the end of posting system stated listings were posted successfully. How do I get to these listings? I put alot of work into them ??????

B
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Won't go into technical details, but we're reverting the update that was slowing the site down. Will post when I have more info.

Thanks, Kevin. I love the site and am grateful for all you guys do. You rock! But, see post #2 on p. 1, right after your original post.

I posted that message about the poor timing hoping someone would see it and hold off on the release...so we can take advantage of the rest of eBay's listing sale.

Here's hoping for the best!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.