Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by gotshirtey:
one quick question. i was advised to opt out of the 'Auctiva Gallery' before generating a token. can somebody explain how i do that.

thanks. i really hope that Auctiva will work for me because i don't think i can stomach SD/IF for much longer.

Hi there!

I guess I'm too late.
I went off to life outside this box.
Yep..all you have to do is set up preferences FIRST before going forth.

Since you weren't sure what a store is..
Here's mine.
http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstoreitems.aspx?id=6466

Sorry I wasn't hanging around.
If ever in doubt about anything, file a support ticket first and they always answer very promptly.

Take care, Donna

I still say the hand smacking to BF is just wrong..in so VERY many ways and I'll stand by that! Whatever happened the threads will be poofed and deleted or "altered" before anyone can really see them.
quote:
i just think that BF has been around long enough and has done enough pro-bono work for SD that he deserves better than to be called out on the boards. An e-mail would have been much more professional.

Well, lemme see..
Tomas.
Professional.
Nope..no matter how I put it into my calculator..it doesn't add up.

I don't know what planet Tomas has been living on..but to smack BF's hand IN PUBLIC after everything BF has done for FREE including been one of the most loyal cheerleaders for SD/Tomas..well, then that oughta show the members Tomas' true colors.

An email..that's all it would've taken. Less than one minute out of his Tomas' day.

Sad!
Truly unprofessional.

Not surprising behavior from Tomas, but still after all the help BF has offered over the years you'd think he would at least receive a heads up in private.

It doesn't matter what service I belong to or how badly BF bad mouths me, I will stand by what I said and say that the public hand smacking of BF was just wrong in SO many ways.

Just my two cents.
If there's anyone that wants to argue with me? Don't bother cause...well, just cuz.

Donna

<sigh>
Donna
Thanks wahm922. I'm very glad to hear that you're happy with customer support.

When I was doing my homework before joining, one thing that stood out over here is how frequently the Owners/managers post on the boards. I am glad they're so engaged with the community and paying such close attention to what's going on with the site.

Edited to say "hi and thanks" to gotshirtey too.

I think there are going to be a lot of us with "Newbie" under our names in the next few months!

Edited again because my post "over there" has been deleted! Wow. I've never been censored! I read on another thread over there that the new biz partner is on vacation this weekend. I guess someone didn't want him to read my post when he returned.

So much for my lack of motivation to clean out my images and templates over there. I'm plenty motivated now.
Last edited by virginia
quote:
i just think that BF has been around long enough and has done enough pro-bono work for SD that he deserves better than to be called out on the boards. an e-mail would have been much more professional.

Since when has Tomas ever been professional. He's called, several people out on those boards (including myself) while he's allowed total chaos from a bizzare group (The Flock) to thrive. BF has offered tech support BUT that does somehow negate his rude behavior. He had no business talking down to that woman and telling her how to better run her business. She wasn't addressing, BF. She was addressing Tomas / Greg = admin.

BF should expect as much from Tomas because that's how he handles things. Apparently, BF is just like the rest of the SDers. I have a feeling with Ink in charge the little gossip trouble making members' days are numbered, and it's about time.

It is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog overdue!
thanks. things have been pretty ugly over there today.

and Virginia. i saw your comment on the 'POOF' thread over there (and Tomas's reply) and i'm pretty sure that you were misinterpreted. Tomas was talking about a different thread in the AHL today that got deleted because it took a REALLY ugly racist turn. you might want to clarify that over there. your post that got deleted was NOTHING like what people were spewing in that other thread.
quote:
thanks. things have been pretty ugly over there today.

and Virginia. i saw your comment on the 'POOF' thread over there (and Tomas's reply) and i'm pretty sure that you were misinterpreted. Tomas was talking about a different thread in the AHL today that got deleted because it took a REALLY ugly racist turn. you might want to clarify that over there. your post that got deleted was NOTHING like what people were spewing in that other thread.

Odd how one of the members there swore they had never heard another sdMember make racial slurs and yet, this very poster obviously hates Middle Eastern people. As they've made such comments regarding them.

Maybe with all of the changes, some of these members have fallen, bumped their heads and are delirious?
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia:
Hi everyone, I'm here, too. I posted on SpareDollar as Zolababy.

I was going to complain ad infinitum about the functionality and service over there (or lack of both), but this group already knows all about it, so I'll just say Hello and leave it at that.

Glad to be here,
Virginia

Hey There Zola!

I'm glad to see another familiar face join us.

C'mon in and if you need any help, Customer Service here is a high priority.

Be sure to take some of the online classes here. Scholartimes loved how the classes/meetings are run and her opinion on the classes is the best I've ever seen! <smile> Look it up for a big smile!

Here's the link if you need it:
https://auctiva.webex.com/auctiva/mywebex/default.php?R...9=0.9727956676850242

I myself have found that not using IE works best, if you have FF, Opera or Advanced Browser..use it and you'll not be disappointed.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Donna
yep.. and it seems jeff is on the ball here... said something about a member here going to other boards downing here and making fun... ummm.. sounds like a double agent trying to cause drama....

man i remember way back on auction watch now vendio .. a guy was living his whole life downing bidville.... going everywere and looking for every angle to down it... yes competitors will indeed hire people to do this dirty job and all people should watch out for this... yes watch out for this and watch out for ones who have a need for power ....these types can twist info to fit what they are doing...when information is twisted we can not learn efficiently.....great job that jeff saw something and explained it..!!
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
Captain, where have you been hiding?
I know where. The capt doubts us. Implying we're self destructing on another message board and making fun of us. You stinker! Frog

Auctiva is here to stay and we're kicking rump! We're way bigger and growing way faster. If anyone is self destructing it's them and not us! Frog

Avast! A little sensitive are we? Wink

*ahem* - ...so when yer competitor had some welfare-babies begging for more freebies, the cap'n said, in toto:
" I could give you a whole list of auction service providers that have either self-destructed or are in the throes of self-destruction, because they think they can make a living on good intentions alone. It's touchy-feely California-style raisin-pit food-co-op thinking. Watch Auctiva and mark my words."

...which is nothin' that the cap'n ain't said di-reckly to your ruddy, weather-beaten face right on these here boards (URL's furnished upon request).

(Err, though' I 'ardly ever heard a decent pirate resort to such profane epithets as "you stinker!") Smile

Cap'n Jeff, as yer battle-plan is to under-cut yer foes, ye should be happy that ol 'Bing is trying to get the new guys to charge fer their services. An he picked on Auctiva, out've the hole messa others he coulda' said, cause e'knew if he mentioned a big gun what everybody's heerd of, they'd pay more tension.

Like any other cum laudly graduate of the Academy Of Sackin' n' Pillagin', the cap'n knows that havin' one supplier of auction services is risky business. When that one and only is laid up or sinks, it can be a case a "any ol' port in a storm" come listin' day, which ain't no good. We gives our honnest opinions an tries to be helpful to every vendor from whom we partake, whether it's Auctiva or anyone else.

Now, havin' sed that, I gotta say Auctiva's me favorite porta call, especially since the new servers come in. They jest fired off a scheduled auction a'mine a few minutes ago like a broadside from me six-pounder.

So, remember what I told ye' back when the Dead Sea had jest took sick: There ain't nobody who wants you to make a fool outta him more than the cap'n.

Arr,
CB

Smoke if ya' gottem.
yep... monopolies harms all but the owners.. we all should help and lift up any new kids on the block .. more the better.. the feebay monopoly needs competition very badly to help both the sellers and buyers.... helping all new sites helps us ALL... unless we are connected to a competitor or the owners of feebay..and this goes with auction services.. we all need to help as many as we can.... be positive and make it as easy as possible to grow..pressuring new start ups harms all of us sellers...
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
quote:
I know where. The capt doubts us. Implying we're self destructing on another message board and making fun of us. You stinker! Frog

Auctiva is here to stay and we're kicking rump! We're way bigger and growing way faster. If anyone is self destructing it's them and not us! Frog

*ahem* - ...so when yer competitor had some welfare-babies begging for more freebies, the cap'n said, in toto:
" I could give you a whole list of auction service providers that have either self-destructed or are in the throes of self-destruction, because they think they can make a living on good intentions alone. It's touchy-feely California-style raisin-pit food-co-op thinking. Watch Auctiva and mark my words."

...which is nothin' that the cap'n ain't said di-reckly to your ruddy, weather-beaten face right on these here boards (URL's furnished upon request).

(Err, though' I 'ardly ever heard a decent pirate resort to such profane epithets as "you stinker!") Smile

Cap'n Jeff, as yer battle-plan is to under-cut yer foes, ye should be happy that ol 'Bing is trying to get the new guys to charge fer their services. An he picked on Auctiva, out've the hole messa others he coulda' said, cause e'knew if he mentioned a big gun what everybody's heerd of, they'd pay more tension.

Like any other cum laudly graduate of the Academy Of Sackin' n' Pillagin', the cap'n knows that havin' one supplier of auction services is risky business. When that one and only is laid up or sinks, it can be a case a "any ol' port in a storm" come listin' day, which ain't no good. We gives our honnest opinions an tries to be helpful to every vendor from whom we partake, whether it's Auctiva or anyone else.

Now, havin' sed that, I gotta say Auctiva's me favorite porta call, especially since the new servers come in. They jest fired off a scheduled auction a'mine a few minutes ago like a broadside from me six-pounder.

So, remember what I told ye' back when the Dead Sea had jest took sick: There ain't nobody who wants you to make a fool outta him more than the cap'n.

Arr,
CB

Smoke if ya' gottem.

The man has a way with words.
<smile>
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
<insert profane pirate epithets>
Nyuck, Nyuck (very unwenchlike)

Donna
quote:
quote:
quote:

Arr,
CB

Smoke if ya' gottem.

What you fail to grasp and it has been explained several times is...

This service is FREE for sellers because BUYERS are paying for it via insurance. Also, Auctiva has other relationships set up with Sellathon. So, if Auctiva members upgrade their Sellathon via Auctiva, they get a kickback.

Do you honestly believe Jeff is running Auctiva for the pure joy of it? He can say, Auctiva is free because essentially, for the sellers, it is BUT that isn't saying, they aren't getting PAID.

I'm verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy sure Auctiva has a flat rate monthly insurance policy with UPic. I betcha' they get it for nothing, and I mean, nothing. Ten bucks or less. So, if you and anyone else is concerned about the health of Auctiva, make insurance madatory, or sell a lot more of it. Thousands of Auctiva members garnishing $1.30 or more for insurance IS paying for Auctiva.

Every time an Auctiva members pays for their insurance, they're paying for the use of Auctiva. A lovely concept. I like it. Savvy!

Captain --->>> Auctiva isn't working for free.

Get it? Got it? Good!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
Get it? Got it? Good!

Well, thanks for that clear and lucid explanation, McGee. I know I feel a lot better now! Big Grin

CB
"Sometimes there's just no getting through to the highly perceptive" - P.J. O'Rourke, (from "Give War a Chance")
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
Get it? Got it? Good!

Well, thanks for that clear and lucid explanation, McGee. I know I feel a lot better now! Big Grin

CB
"Sometimes there's just no getting through to the highly perceptive" - P.J. O'Rourke, (from "Give War a Chance")

Glad to help. Frog Wink
WOW! Am I missing something???? I only know about eBay stores, one of which I have. But, yours don't look like eBay stores, they look like something else. Are these in addition to your eBay stores? How can I get one? All along, I guess when I've heard the word store, I've just thought of the eBay store. I'm just a little confused here now. Anyone care to explain??
Many thanks,
~Lisa
quote:
This service is FREE for sellers because BUYERS are paying for it via insurance. Also, Auctiva has other relationships set up with Sellathon. So, if Auctiva members upgrade their Sellathon via Auctiva, they get a kickback.

I haven't completed the contract(s) yet, but there are definitely some very exciting partnerships we are investigating/negotiating right now. In fact, I just got off the phone with one of our potential partners. Smile

Like Auctiva Shipping insurance, these value added services are things that will enhance the buying experience on eBay, and at the same time provide an additonal revenue stream for Auctiva AND our sellers.

On a different note, I am tempted to give you a sneak peak at another idea we have (free to our sellers of course), but we are still working on scoping out the details... and I don't want our competitors to know about it. Just know, it is a really cool idea, that will provide you, our sellers, with a ton of value. I can't guarantee that we are going to do this, but we are constantly looking for cool new ideas to provide value to our customers.

Bill
quote:

I will let this fact speak for itself: "We (Auctiva) have been doing this longer (eBay seller tools) than anybody."
quote:
Originally posted by scholartime:
WOW! Am I missing something???? I only know about eBay stores, one of which I have. But, yours don't look like eBay stores, they look like something else. Are these in addition to your eBay stores? How can I get one? All along, I guess when I've heard the word store, I've just thought of the eBay store. I'm just a little confused here now. Anyone care to explain??
Many thanks,
~Lisa

Hey Lisa!
Click on the tab on the top right hand that states stores. When you get to that page..you'll see how you CHOOSE whether scrolling or stationary gallery on the left and THEN on the right..NOTE: Store.
Click the Customize Your Store.
If you need me to help further, you come find me. OK?
<smile>
Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Bill B.:
quote:

I haven't completed the contract(s) yet, but there are definitely some very exciting partnerships we are investigating/negotiating right now. In fact, I just got off the phone with one of our potential partners. Smile

Like Auctiva Shipping insurance, these value added services are things that will enhance the buying experience on eBay, and at the same time provide an additonal revenue stream for Auctiva AND our sellers.

On a different note, I am tempted to give you a sneak peak at another idea we have (free to our sellers of course), but we are still working on scoping out the details... and I don't want our competitors to know about it. Just know, it is a really cool idea, that will provide you, our sellers, with a ton of value. I can't guarantee that we are going to do this, but we are constantly looking for cool new ideas to provide value to our customers.

Bill

Well, Bill...
You're statement above is like watching a person eat an ice cream cone in the middle of a hot summer day. No Fair!
<smile>
If you need a guinea pig..
You know where to find me.

Congrats on whatever the news is!
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.