Skip to main content

I have been a long time user of Auctiva. I upgraded to the unlimited plan so I could contact them, but it isn't good until 3/1. Auctiva provides NO phone number for support unless you are on that plan. I can't even contact them! I'm paying for a plan with them!
AND when I file a support claim, no response ever comes to my email. They are very inaccessible.
I'm about ready to end with them.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I can share your pain. I have been using Auctiva to sell on Ebay for more than 3 years now. They have made up this bogus plan we pay for. Frustrating errors, no communication or answers on their bug requests. Recently opened a Support Case about multi-variation listing problem they have. Got no answer. It looks like we can not use this wonderful option Ebay has, for once, to save sellers money if we list item variations. Not sure what to do next. Very dissapointing experience with Auctiva.
SeacoastBargain,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. I checked our support case records and found that support case # 264300 which you filed this morning at 11:44 AM PT was responded to 3 minutes after you filed it at 11:47 AM PT.

You should have received an email indicating your support case was responded to but, in case you did not receive it, you can also see the reply to your case by logging into your account and clicking the "Check the status of an ongoing support case" link on the "Help" page.

The representative who responded to your case has already changed your plan to the Unlimited Plan for the current month as you requested. It is expected behavior for changes from one paid plan to another made through the user interface to take effect at the beginning of the next month, so contacting our support team with this request was the correct course of action.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Freestylepeople,

We became aware of an issue earlier today that is causing the mutli variation listing tool to hang up and display a "Processing" message in Internet Explorer 7.0 so. Therefore, if you are using Internet Explorer 7.0, you are most likely being affected by this issue.

Assuming this is the case, since the issue in specific to Internet Explorer 7.0, you should be able to work around the issue for the time being by upgrading to Internet Explorer 8.0 or by using the Firefox browser. The Firefox browser can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.mozilla.com

I responded to your support case earlier today but the error you reported did not appear to match the behavior we have seen with respect to the issue described here. I'm now under the impression you are most likely being affected by this particular issue, but feel free to follow up with me through your support case if it does not sound like that is the case.

-Mike
Moments ago, we updated the site with a fix for the problem of variations listing hanging when users were using IE vers 7 browser.

If you continue to experience problems with variations, please notify support by filing a case.

Please do keep in mind this is still 'beta' as we announced when variations first went live. It is still very very new. We do appreciate hearing about difficulties you may be having with it as we want to get those fixed.
What the hell is happening?????
Where has the 'choose item specifics' link gone?
I am only getting a 'custom specifics' link showing on the page.

Gee I just want to go in and change the size of one garment that I am choosing to relist - why can I no longer do that. Do I have to enter new info now for every listing that I want to repeat.

What is the Beta thing? I just looked at my once familiar page and realised I really did not know what to do. I am going to look for another listing site unless this is resolved.

Why are you making life so difficult?
I upgraded to the $19.95 just to get phone help and guess what? It only good twice a month for 30 minutes each time. AND they were never there to answer my questions, so I got mad and quit. Then I found someone who would help me for $25 an hour. I was told that I only needed the 9.95 plan. If they don't start answering peoples questions they are going to lose business. I am still trying to find out what an API is how how do I fix it. I can't get my International listings to post at the top of my listing. I have asked questions here and I guess no one has answered or if they did, I don't even know how to find the answer. This is blank blank customer service. I would never treat my customers this way. But they must be doing something right. I wish you good luck! ME
quote:
Originally posted by Bunnygirl:
What the hell is happening?????
Where has the 'choose item specifics' link gone?
I am only getting a 'custom specifics' link showing on the page.

Gee I just want to go in and change the size of one garment that I am choosing to relist - why can I no longer do that. Do I have to enter new info now for every listing that I want to repeat.

What is the Beta thing? I just looked at my once familiar page and realised I really did not know what to do. I am going to look for another listing site unless this is resolved.

Why are you making life so difficult?

If it is what I am thinking about it is again eBay making life hard for sellers. They changed the item specifics not to long ago.

How old is the listing your are working on?

Where are you seeing beta? I have been listing all weekend and must have missed this.

Again this was another bogus change by eFee like the insurance.
I am very frustrated with Auctiva, too.

I didn't want to leave because I like Auctiva, but since the SCANNED images won;t work and because Auctiva does not consider this a "priority" (their words)-- I have no choice but to leave.

But I can't even cancel until my active listings are gone..

Auctiva was great before we had to pay--- I had no problem with paying--- BUT ever since we had to start to paying--things have gone downhill..

Like I said-- I like Auctiva-- but they are not giving me a choice-- because my images won't work... Frown
Can't you find anyone to help you? Where are you scanning your pictures to? You could call that lady that I did. Didn't I send you her name. It is $25 an hour, but she knows alot about Auctive. I would call her first and ask if she knows anything about. She has a store and Auctiva is in the middle of changing things, so sometimes the way it should work isn't the way it will work. You are probably more confused than ever.Good Luck! Janet
quote:
Originally posted by blshelby:

I didn't want to leave because I like Auctiva, but since the SCANNED images won;t work and because Auctiva does not consider this a "priority" (their words)-- I have no choice but to leave.

Auctiva was great before we had to pay--- I had no problem with paying--- BUT ever since we had to start to paying--things have gone downhill..

Like I said-- I like Auctiva-- but they are not giving me a choice-- because my images won't work... Frown

Why won't scanned images work? What format are they in?
quote:

Until about 6 months ago I used to have to scan my images (i got a digital camera finally!) I did recently scan the bottom of a dish I was selling (couldn't get the details on the bottom to show up with my camera) and it uploaded just fine. If you are not saving the scans in a format that auctiva accepts, of course you will not be able to upload it.

Like a couple other people have asked: What format are you saving your scans as??? most people use .jpg or .gif, which are by far the most widely used for images.
This was my response from Auctiva.

"This is most likely an issue with how our image uploader compresses the image when creating the smalling images. This is why you encounter the issue with our uploader and not eBay's. There is nothing further that can be done on your end to resolve the issue, as it needs to be fully investigated by our engineers."
quote:
This was my response from Auctiva.

"This is most likely an issue with how our image uploader compresses the image when creating the smalling images. This is why you encounter the issue with our uploader and not eBay's. There is nothing further that can be done on your end to resolve the issue, as it needs to be fully investigated by our engineers."

I don't want to speak out of turn but the image uploader is something that is supposed to be improved in the next major update of Auctiva Commerce this month.

I think it is the same software that they use in the Auctiva eBay tools. So if they make improvements on AucCom it should filter back to Auctiva.

I'll see if Auctiva Chris can chip in on this.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.