Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Quick update:

It's been a long night, but we do have all the servers moved from Oakland to Sacramento. They are in place, up and running and all of that.

We're just working on the last few pieces of the puzzle right now.

Hopefully finished within an hour. Two at the most. I'll update you here if things change.

-Kevin

Thanks for the update!
Its funny how everyone shows up to cry when the site is down rather than speak up when this was being planned to ask auctive to reconsider moving the site on a date that doesn't interfere with 1. the .10c listing day ending and 2. to ask them to consider waiting 7 days so we woint have listings ending. But now we are all here to bitch ain't we.

P.S. dawnblue made me say that. LOL Frog
This is so disappointing. I started using Auctiva about 2 months agao and reccommended it to a dozen or more others who are now using it.
I can't beleive that this server move couldn't have been done more quickly. And although we were told about the maintenance, I think they were sorely lacking in not letting us know all the ramifications. I have auctions with no pictures, buyers unable to pay for their items and all the emails that are coming as a result. And on top of it, I can't list any new auctions. By my count, we have now been down for 16 hours, with no one telling us how much longer it will be.

I guess I start looking for a new listing site. I need reliablility. Even if I have to pay for it.
Smile well I think auctiva is great .....and let us not forget its free!!!!

I too have listing ending.....actually in an hour...no pictures....but....there surely has to be some sacrifice...for a quality service..

I have been reading this site today and am appalled by some of the negative comments...

some of you need to get a grip on reality......
I *do* think it's very unfortunate that they chose to do this when all of our ten-cent listing day items are closing. I wrote and asked them to consider that, but I guess I was a lone voice in the crowd. I planned all of my auctions around the initial move date, and then they changed their move date and that really messed things up. I hope it's fixed soon. I do appreciate their efforts to make things better and I truly hope it works this time!!

quote:
Originally posted by :
Its funny how everyone shows up to cry when the site is down rather than speak up when this was being planned to ask auctive to reconsider moving the site on a date that doesn't interfere with 1. the .10c listing day ending and 2. to ask them to consider waiting 7 days so we woint have listings ending. But now we are all here to bitch ain't we.

P.S. dawnblue made me say that. LOL Frog
Moonandstarman

HAHA I though so too... gives more room for us posters that have alot or ROOM to occupy! LOL
Sad but true...

And funny how that person knew that auctiva was going down for a while...

****dawnblue... about the computers... so true... they are are more MOODY than humans... tehee If they dont like you they crash.LMAO
quote:
Originally posted by efilnikcufecin:
quote:
Originally posted by dawnblue:
Nope - you have to use Auctiva's checkout. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Freddy - duck - here comes a frying pan for that last one!

I opened your email and a frying pan jumped out and hit me on the head. Last time I open an attachment from you. LOL.

Nope you don't have to use their checkout
quote:
Originally posted by I am Leaving:
If you would like to try something that I have found MORE reliable than auctiva and it is free....

And for all of you who think you are so cool by just hanging out and waiting...must not be your only source of income or perhaps this is the FIRST time Auctiva has lied to you.

Disgruntled or not, I think it is extremely tacky that you are posting links to other sites. If you want to go, then go - but take your negative attitude with you.

I don't feel like I am being cool by just hanging around and waiting. I am doing other things - taking pictures, relisting duplicate items and listing through eBay by hand coding my listings so I can use mulitple pictures without having to pay.

I am a powerseller on eBay - so I do get a very large portion of my income from eBay. I'm not a hobbyist selling off stuff around the house. I just bought 100 items to upload.

My attitude has nothing with being "cool". It has to do with me being patient and understanding that things don't always go as planned. I also know that they are doing everything they can and told us the service was going to be unavailable.

I have 51 listings that are ending today (all the other listings have already sold) - but I'm not blowing my stack. Negativity doesn't help anything and posting links to other sites is just down right rude.
This is ridiculous that it is taking so long. I am so glad that I waited to move my listings here until after the move. The $9 I paid to keep listing elsewhere was worth it!

If the move had happened Friday night, and the outage extended into Saturday morning, that would have been much better than having images down today.

I hadn't thought about the FPL ending today and so maybe it would have been better to wait to move stuff. But the site has been so buggy for the last week or two, the move really needed to be done sooner than later...
Say what you want. I depend on my next meal and having a warm place to live on my auctions. So actually Auctiva is NOT free today. It is actually COSTING alot of people ALOT. I had no problem until it went WAY beyond the time that was mentioned in the email that I got. So you just sit there and be nice. More power to you. Hope you don't starve!
Don't you think it's funny that those who bash those of us who are waiting, have the time to register a community account and post?

"And for all of you who think you are so cool by just hanging out and waiting...must not be your only source of income or perhaps this is the FIRST time Auctiva has lied to you."

This is really the first time I have had time to post to these boards, and I am really saddened that people treat others this way. I guess it's easy to trash people when you don't have to look them in the eye.
quote:
Originally posted by I am Leaving:
And I am sure that MY feelings might really be hurt if JEFF gets upset

Its about time SOMEONE over there gets upset. There are certainly enough people that Auctiva has upset.

Perhaps if he gets upset he will do something creative like fix the problem.

HEARING me JEFF??

All this anger is bad for your health.
I won't starve - It hasn't gone way past - just a few hours. If you depend on eBay solely, then you are crazy for not having a backup in case something happens.

Sell on Amazon and eBay. Use 2 image hosting services - have a back up plan - it's just plain common sense.

I seriously doubt ONE day will make you starve - if it does, then maybe you should consider something besides selling your yard sale finds on eBay.
It would sure be nice if this "NEWS" forum actually had NEWS instead of gripes, witty retorts and other nonsense. There doesn't appear to be ANY forum that is striclty news from the staff at Auctiva, instead I have to wade through all this other clutter to get any information - the last of which said 1-2 hours 3 hours ago.

Just for a clue, when images start showing up on THIS site, then it's likely images will be showing up on our listings once again.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.